• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,896 posts in this topic

On 12/28/2022 at 11:59 AM, lou_fine said:
On 12/27/2022 at 11:55 PM, batman_fan said:

I have a growing stack of stuff to sell but plan to wait until after I retire so I can minimize my taxes.

:idea:  Well, instead of having to wait until after your retirement to only minimize your taxes, you can simply move to a much more exotic place like Hong Kong, Singapore, Monaco, Switzerland, New Zealand, Belize, the Cayman's, etc. and enjoy your wealthier lifestyle where the capital gains taxes can be eliminated completely as they are set at zero.  :banana:  :whee:

Uncle Sam taxes his citizens no matter where they are in the world. :gossip:

On 12/28/2022 at 4:19 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Thank you for the update, Joe. It’s nice to see these collections and reminisce about what was important to other guys before me

Yes, just an auction listing of Dr. Brody's 31 GA books coming up for auction, but still no actual back story or info on the collector himself.  :frown:

On 12/28/2022 at 8:00 PM, lou_fine said:

Yes, just an auction listing of Dr. Brody's 31 GA books coming up for auction, but still no actual back story or info on the collector himself.  :frown:

uh….we can only provide as much information as a client permits us to share. 

Have Great New Year everyone

On 12/28/2022 at 3:18 AM, Joe AllStar said:
In regards to the posts regarding the number of items in this sale, we have been trying to limit the number of items to about 1000 in order to keep the sessions to a more manageable time

Joe Mannarino

Consignment Director, Comics and Comic Art

This is appreciated and makes sense, the auctions had become too long.  

someone took a bath on this yesterday. ironically I was gonna pull the trigger on this from Dale for 8k but someone snagged it. I dogged a bullet 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/action-comics-8-dc-1939-cbcs-restored-vf-80-off-white-to-white-pages/a/122301-11001.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Screenshot 2023-01-02 at 1.58.18 PM.png

On 1/2/2023 at 7:01 PM, Courageous Cat said:

someone took a bath on this yesterday. ironically I was gonna pull the trigger on this from Dale for 8k but someone snagged it. I dogged a bullet 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/action-comics-8-dc-1939-cbcs-restored-vf-80-off-white-to-white-pages/a/122301-11001.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Screenshot 2023-01-02 at 1.58.18 PM.png

wow ! that is a low low price :jawdrop:

This one didn't surprise me. So lol to all those boneheads dropping 40K-50K on 9.8 copies, when supply in those numbers is endless and never stops growing.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/bronze-age-1970-1979-/superhero/the-amazing-spider-man-129-marvel-1974-cgc-nm-mt-98-white-pages/a/122302-13123.s?ic2=mytracked-lotspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyTrackedLots-101116

27418208%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chai

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 1/9/2023 at 3:41 PM, Gotham Kid said:

This one didn't surprise me. So lol to all those boneheads dropping 40K-50K on 9.8 copies, when supply in those numbers is endless and never stops growing.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/bronze-age-1970-1979-/superhero/the-amazing-spider-man-129-marvel-1974-cgc-nm-mt-98-white-pages/a/122302-13123.s?ic2=mytracked-lotspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyTrackedLots-101116

Hopefully the crazy BA/CA/MA bubble is finally bursting.

On 1/8/2023 at 5:43 PM, batman_fan said:

This result surprised me

Screen Shot 2023-01-08 at 6.41.56 PM.png

Taking a look at the underlying book itself, I would definitely tend to agree with you as that big number in the top left hand corner of the slab is a total shocker indeed.  :whatthe:  :p

I guess the winner here must be buying the label, as opposed to buying the underlying book itself.  hm  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

On 1/9/2023 at 6:53 AM, tth2 said:

Hopefully the crazy BA/CA/MA bubble is finally bursting.

Probably already has as most of the so-called hot keys from these various ages are not only selling at huge double digit percentage drops from their recent highs, but also at huge discounts to condition guide valuations.  :tonofbricks:

Still nowhere close to the bone crushing 70% to 90% from their highs that many of the once headline grabbing high flying speculative stocks on the Nasdaq have been pummeled by though.  :fear::tonofbricks:  :tonofbricks:

For those of you used to putting in "bottom of the barrel" tracking bids, best be careful since you just might end up winning the darned books.  doh!  lol

Edited by lou_fine

On 1/9/2023 at 8:37 AM, lou_fine said:

Taking a look at the underlying book itself, I would definitely tend to agree with you as that big number in the top left hand corner of the slab is a total shocker indeed.  :whatthe:  :p

I guess the winner here must be buying the label, as opposed to buying the underlying book itself.  hm  (shrug)

For a book that ugly, I assume it’s mother and father were bidding against each other.  If it was raw I would have guessed $50 max.

On 1/9/2023 at 10:37 AM, lou_fine said:

I'm not sure how I'd grade that. Are there any grades lower than 0.5? I don't think I could justify giving it a 0.5. It's somewhere in between 0.5 and the baggy of Action 1 dust that CConnect auctioned off a while back.

Well with 2 days left we will soon know the answer to the burning question (at least in my mind): is Heritage immune to the financial headwinds that has affected the rest of the comic marketplace? 

I hope not.  The books I’m tracking, except for the Frazetta Famous Funnies covers, seem low. I’m cautiously optimistic. Now I need you guys to do your part by taking Thursday off from the funny book biz 

On 1/10/2023 at 7:19 AM, Gotham Kid said:

surprisingly low at the moment, but it aint over till the fat auctioneer sings

Indeed, you can most certainly say that again.  (thumbsu

Especially for you, since I think the fingers of your hands must be sweating with great anticipation at the thought of hitting the keys of your laptop when the gavel comes down on this book here:  :banana:  :whee:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/modern-age-1980-present-/the-amazing-spider-man-667-dell-otto-variant-cover-marvel-2011-cgc-nm-mt-98-white-pages/a/7338-91025.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Modern Age (1980-Present):Superhero, The Amazing Spider-Man #667 Dell'Otto Variant Cover (Marvel, 2011) CGC NM/MT 9.8 White pages....

Even more so, with this unique artistic masterpiece sitting at a mere $9,250 when Heritage sold an equivalent graded copy for a whopping $43,200 just a few months ago.  :takeit:    lol

On 1/10/2023 at 11:09 AM, lou_fine said:

Indeed, you can most certainly say that again.  (thumbsu

Especially for you, since I think the fingers of your hands must be sweating with great anticipation at the thought of hitting the keys of your laptop when the gavel comes down on this book here:  :banana:  :whee:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/modern-age-1980-present-/the-amazing-spider-man-667-dell-otto-variant-cover-marvel-2011-cgc-nm-mt-98-white-pages/a/7338-91025.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Modern Age (1980-Present):Superhero, The Amazing Spider-Man #667 Dell'Otto Variant Cover (Marvel, 2011) CGC NM/MT 9.8 White pages....

Even more so, with this unique artistic masterpiece sitting at a mere $9,250 when Heritage sold an equivalent graded copy for a whopping $43,200 just a few months ago.  :takeit:    lol

I don't think it's getting anywhere close to that $43K number again but auctions are weird. I'll predict closer to $25,000, which is still wackadoo but that book is firmly established at this point.