• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,947 posts in this topic

8.5 sure.  But to chase and win a freak 9.4 copy?  Pass. 

edit. Satisfied with my 7.0 and 7.5.  But would have gone after that 8.5 if it existed when I was buying Superman’s years ago. I was doing 7.0 to 9.0 copies.  Anything higher was a raw that lucked out!

I understand the desire (need) for high grade copies, but for keys, not for run books — especially at todays prices (10-20k Each?)

941EFB0D-7F24-4705-B6F4-17B1B30ED5A1.jpeg

Edited by Aman619

On 7/3/2023 at 8:54 PM, woowoo said:

Wow bet this sell for a record considering it will be the only affordable copy you will see in years.

I believe you would be wrong here as this copy here sold for the only $175 in a CC Event Auction back in June of 2021:  :jawdrop:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/900652

act1.15967.jpg

While this more recognizable copy here sold for a much stronger price of some $7,101 in another CC Event Auction back in March of 2022:  lol

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/944947

act1.16328.jpg

On 7/4/2023 at 12:02 AM, lou_fine said:

I believe you would be wrong here as this copy here sold for the only $175 in a CC Event Auction back in June of 2021:  :jawdrop:

act1.15967.jpg

While this more recognizable copy here sold for a much stronger price of some $7,101 in another CC Event Auction back in March of 2022:  lol

act1.16328.jpg

Hold onto your hats folks! Rumor has it that there will be an encapsulated silverfish in a future HA that took part in downsizing an Action #1.  :shiftyeyes:

On 7/3/2023 at 10:02 PM, lou_fine said:

act1.15967.jpg

act1.16328.jpg

@lou_fineThe first pile could be anything. The second pic is a piece. I would think you would know better than show a nude picture of yourself here on the boards buddy.:baiting:

On 7/4/2023 at 6:48 AM, tth2 said:
On 7/3/2023 at 11:58 PM, Aman619 said:

Them's fightin' words! 

Couldn't have said it better.

On 7/3/2023 at 9:45 AM, MrBedrock said:

No doubt as I just read the Heritage Auction listing description and this issue features the first appearance of Ally Babble..........WhoTF?  lol

On 7/4/2023 at 12:58 AM, Aman619 said:

edit. Satisfied with my 7.0 and 7.5.  But would have gone after that 8.5 if it existed when I was buying Superman’s years ago. I was doing 7.0 to 9.0 copies.  Anything higher was a raw that lucked out!

I understand the desire (need) for high grade copies, but for keys, not for run books — especially at todays prices (10-20k Each?)

I can't say that I would never upgrade, but I have little motivation to do so.

I try not to buy anything I don't like, and if I'm happy with my copy, I'm happy with my copy. I do have a few books that I would upgrade if the right copy came along.

Any time I think about spending a (for me) significant amount of money on an upgrade, I think about Boy Comics #17.

Boy 17 4.0.JPG

Boy 17 7.5.JPG

Boy 17 9.0.JPG

Edited by jimbo_7071

On 7/3/2023 at 8:54 PM, woowoo said:

Wow bet this sell for a record considering it will be the only affordable copy you will see in years.

Action Comics #1 Incomplete (DC, 1938) CGC PR 0.5 Off-white | LotID #87001 | Heritage Auctions (ha.com)

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Action Comics #1 Incomplete (DC, 1938) CGC PR 0.5 Off-whit...

This should be really interesting to see the price. A restored copy 6.5 went for 300,000 in 2021 at HA. I wonder because it's considered "unrestored" it would go for around that or more. 

On 7/5/2023 at 4:14 PM, woowoo said:

Easy 300k no problem I would pay 250k and I'm 1980s cheap its only unrestored untouched 1 time. I wanted a copy of Action 7 back and passed restored copy's but grabbed this right away and its ugly like @lou_fine:whistle: just kidding @lou_finelooks like rock Hudsen. This is the worse 7 you could buy, and I paid over 20k, but I love having something unrestored.image.jpeg.63c6f1251590b8f089d8be1b6cc2f0ae.jpeg

hmm this is what makes it strange to me. Its missing a back cover Every page is missing an 1 inch chunk out of it. The cover has a big stain along with another big piece missing. A restored copy would go for less? The restored copy is at least complete. They added some color and a small piece. I just find it strange because if I was to take the restored one and "unrestore" it ( remove the pieces, remove color, split the book in half ) it be worth more? I am sure the restored book has much more of a original book than that .5 . At least its got a back cover lol. 

Maybe its just the way I look at it.

On 7/5/2023 at 8:46 PM, calicomic said:

hmm this is what makes it strange to me. Its missing a back cover Every page is missing an 1 inch chunk out of it. The cover has a big stain along with another big piece missing. A restored copy would go for less? The restored copy is at least complete. They added some color and a small piece. I just find it strange because if I was to take the restored one and "unrestore" it ( remove the pieces, remove color, split the book in half ) it be worth more? I am sure the restored book has much more of a original book than that .5 . At least its got a back cover lol. 

Maybe its just the way I look at it.

:cheers: