• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,854 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Good example. 600 dollars more two years ago for a  trimmed and married copy. The recent one had slighly brittle pages, but for 8,400 I think the buyer did pretty good. Wonder what the upcoming 4.0 R will go for with all those beautiful Gold labels surrounding it in that auction. 

3 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I'm actually thinking it comes close to $500K.

I'm splitting the baby; I could see it hitting somewhere around 300k.

The Grundy books are undervalued, especially AS 33, which is only at 11,500; whereas AA 61 is at 65,000.

2 hours ago, bpc3qh said:
5 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I'm actually thinking it comes close to $500K.

I'm splitting the baby; I could see it hitting somewhere around 300k.

The Grundy books are undervalued, especially AS 33, which is only at 11,500; whereas AA 61 is at 65,000.

I would be totally shocked if it hits more than $300K, let alone the $500K mark that's being mentioned here.  :whatthe:

Now if it had come in as a CGC 9.8 graded copy, then that might have been a different story in terms of its chances to crack $500K or even $300K. (thumbsu

Not sure why, but I've always thought of 'Tec 140 as almost being more of a SA book than a true GA book since it's well more than 100 issues past the first appearance of Batman.  Will definitely be nice to watch and see where it finishes up at in the end though. :popcorn: :taptaptap:

As for both of the Grundy books, still way too early to tell, but I definitely see no problem with AA 61 easily getting into 6-figures, especially considering its all-time classic cover along with the fact that no other HG copies have ever been offered in a public auction to date so far.  :cloud9:

too hard to predict where any of them will land. One of the highest grade pedigrees in the past 40 years, the interesting backstory, the daily record breaking sales of nearly everything the past year, and those high quality catalogs Heritage sent out showing all those great books in hi-def. It's like a perfect storm. 

25 minutes ago, vheflin said:

I believe the upcoming 2022 "The Batman" has the Riddler as the main foe.

It's all about the movies ...

Not in this case, I don't think. Riddler has always had weirdly high value, seemingly unrelated to movie buzz; Tec 140, in particular.

2 hours ago, Scrooge said:
9 hours ago, Timely said:

A friend of mine owns the Edgar Church/Mile High Copy of Detective Comics #140. It has not been graded. I’m sure it’s either NM or NM+ on the original MH list.

Correct. It's listed as NM+ in the original catalog with a price of $90

:takeit: