• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,854 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, twmjr1 said:

Tec 27 5.0 already at 675K. It's going to crash 750K at least. Will it push a million?

I think with the "promise collection" out there at the same time it will probably fall short, if it does crack a million,  it is probably a newbie speculator.

Edited by Mmehdy

1 hour ago, Mmehdy said:

I think with the "promise collection" out there at the same time it will probably fall short, if it does crack a million,  it is probably a newbie speculator.

I think I was the only person who didn't think it would break a mil, even without the Promise collection happening. That might definitely have a big affect now though!

46 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I think I was the only person who didn't think it would break a mil, even without the Promise collection happening. That might definitely have a big affect now though!

I think however, the fact that the promise collection comes one day after the two big auctions on Thursday might make the effect a bit less, we have to see in the future where they place the future auctions.

7 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:
1 hour ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I think however, the fact that the promise collection comes one day after the two big auctions on Thursday might make the effect a bit less, we have to see in the future where they place the future auctions.

I guess we still need to wait and see what happens with some of these big non-Promise books on Thursday, as some of them (including Church copies) are still running at mere fractions of what they should finish up at.:popcorn:  :taptaptap:

Now, if I was thinking of selling some big high dollar value GA books, I would definitely give some second thoughts to consigning them while the Promise Collection books are still being released concurrently.  hm

As a buyer though, this just might be a good time to place some bids on some of these non-Promise Collection books to see if any of them falls through the big cracks that the Promise books are possibly creating here.  :wishluck:  :takeit:

So, what are folks here on the CGC boards bidding on? And how much is your planned highest bid?

Edited by MrBedrock

3 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

I am not sure what the logic is here.  I see talk here of the Detective 140 going for 250K.  So if the first appearance of Batman goes for 4X the first appearance of the Riddler, that must mean the buyer of the first Batman is a "Newbie Speculator" who just doesn't realize he should be buying the Riddler's debut instead?

Or maybe you feel it will fall that way because all the Seasoned Intelligent Collectors" already have their copies of Detective 27?  Or that no Seasoned Collector would ever bid on ANY 5.0 book when there are higher graded books to bid on?       

Edited by bluechip

3 minutes ago, bluechip said:

I am not sure what the logic is here.  I see talk here of the Detective 140 going for 250K.  So if the first appearance of Batman goes for 4X the first appearance of the Riddler, that must mean the buyer of the first Batman is a "Newbie Speculator" who just doesn't realize he should be buying the Riddler's debut instead?

Or maybe you feel it will fall that way because all the Seasoned Intelligent Collectors" already have their copies of Detective 27?  Or that no Seasoned Collector would ever bid on ANY 5.0 book when there are higher graded books to bid on?       

On the note of the Tec 140, I now see the folly in my judgment haha. I waaayyyy over estimated that one thinking it could get to a half a mil and not sure where my mind was there. So I agree with others that somewhere in the $200K-$300K mark is more likely. I guess I was just thinking if an X-Men 1 can break $500K, why can't the now single highest Tec 140 do it. I guess that's not really apples to apples though of course.

2 minutes ago, szav said:

In my head I am for now ... prices seem strangely subdued on all but the top 20-30 books.

I’m in the fooling myself into thinking I have a chance phase right now, next will be the thinking I was foolish for thinking I had a chance phase, followed by anger, bargaining, then acceptance.

In my head, I'm already at the bar with whiskey in hand

2 hours ago, bluechip said:

Only true collectors buy Tec 140s.