• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,854 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, MattTheDuck said:
2 hours ago, tth2 said:

Reminds me of a Mapplethorpe exhibit.

B's arms would have to be straight out though.  And he isn't wet enough.

Well, if it's a Mapplethorpe-like cover, then I am sure that Robin, his boy toy would love that bondage cover much more so than this rather boring mundane one here:  zzz  lol

lf?set=path%5B2%2F4%2F0%2F7%2F6%2F24076147%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

BTW:  Never noticed this before, but is that a scuff defect or just a printing defect on the black line in the spine to the left of "Lady" on this misaligned front cover here?  hm  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, if it's a Mapplethorpe-like cover, then I am sure that Robin, his boy toy would love that bondage cover much more so than this rather boring mundane one here:  zzz  lol

lf?set=path%5B2%2F4%2F0%2F7%2F6%2F24076147%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

BTW:  Never noticed this before, but is that a scuff defect or just a printing defect on the black line in the spine to the left of "Lady" on this misaligned front cover here?  hm  (shrug)

Scuff. I saw it when I had the opportunity to examine the books up close and personal 

9 hours ago, sagii said:

There is one, calling me...whispering sweet nothings...gold pedigree label all shiny...teasing me, telling me "just ask her to the dance "

All the while the wet ink like cover, tantalizing and inviting sparks fantasies of opening her packaging when she arrives at my door and.....

Good lord! Almost forgot this is a book!!!

I'm sweating just reading this:smile:

11 hours ago, sagii said:

There is one, calling me...whispering sweet nothings...gold pedigree label all shiny...teasing me, telling me "just ask her to the dance "

All the while the wet ink like cover, tantalizing and inviting sparks fantasies of opening her packaging when she arrives at my door and.....

Good lord! Almost forgot this is a book!!!

listening.....

Very inappropriate........I'm going to give you 20 more minutes to cut it out....lol

Edited by Funnybooks

2 hours ago, Scrooge said:

FWIW, just b/c Mitch has talked and posted about the Promise collection every 5 minutes; 

Get that man a cup of coffee.  He's slowing down!

1 hour ago, tth2 said:

One book that hasn't been discussed at all is the Gaines 9.8 Shock SuspenStories #6, which currently sits at $23,400.  This is more than double the last 9.8 sale, although granted that was eons ago (2019). meh  It's also more than the sale of a 9.9 copy back in 2015.

What's really amazing is when I checked the census just now, there are 5 9.8 copies of this book and 2 9.9 copies! 

I imagine this copy is getting some uplift from the cover OA being sold in the same auction, but still... 

Oh I've noticed that book. It is so beautiful, but alas I cannot afford it. I truly love that cover. I can't believe there are 7 copies in 9.8 or higher.