• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,872 posts in this topic

On 11/18/2021 at 3:24 PM, nearmint said:

Correct, but this one's eyebrow work is amazing.  And she's literally reaching out to the camera for just one more bid.

agreed. She can see into our wallets when she does that.

On 11/18/2021 at 1:50 PM, goldust40 said:

Six figures for the COC 19. :whatthe:

And it had cream-to-off-white pages. Personally, I would take an 8.0 with white pages over that copy, but most collectors don't seem to care about page quality—I guess because the pages are now hidden inside the slabs.

On 11/18/2021 at 5:53 PM, szav said:

Daaang Mary Marvel 5 and 11…and 1..,

Those prices surprised me!

On 11/18/2021 at 6:01 PM, Aman619 said:

the Black Cat comics now selling are from the the top 3 collection?  overall or just for the genre?

Pre Code Horror, specifically.

On 11/18/2021 at 6:06 PM, Aman619 said:

you mean there are 2 better collections?  wow.

I wasn't specifically ranking it, and, now that I think about it, I would say it is one of the four best.  The top collection includes every PCH book, with nearly all fine or better and several hundred killer copies sprinkled here and there.

On 11/18/2021 at 6:16 PM, adamstrange said:

I wasn't specifically ranking it, and, now that I think about it, I would say it is one of the four best.  The top collection includes every PCH book, with nearly all fine or better and several hundred killer copies sprinkled here and there.

... and its in your closet...?

On 11/18/2021 at 6:16 PM, adamstrange said:

There may be quite a few nice collections out there. Some collectors may keep to themselves.

Our own @sartreused to have a fairly nice horror collection (and probably still does).

On 11/18/2021 at 6:20 PM, Aman619 said:

... and its in your closet...?

I'm not a completist (depending on how you define it's about 1450 books) but I have the greatest respect for the gent that put it together.

Edited by adamstrange

On 11/18/2021 at 6:20 PM, jimbo_7071 said:

There may be quite a few nice collections out there. Some collectors may keep to themselves.

Our own @sartreused to have a fairly nice horror collection (and probably still does).

He was extremely selective with the covers and condition so everything is particularly sweet, evidenced by what he has shared on the Boards.  Some, however, made their way into the Black Cat collection and, as PCH collections go, it's pretty small.