• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,855 posts in this topic

On 11/18/2021 at 9:18 PM, Aman619 said:

Maybe, but I guess it would be more due to life event decisions like Berk, and a bit of luck to get to pull the trigger in a hot market.  But Even if you consign today, it could cool off before the gavel hits. 

My thoughts, precisely. Better to sell when it matches your life’s trajectory. 

On 11/18/2021 at 9:38 PM, Aman619 said:

Right.  But step back a bit… with a collection of 100K or so, sure from that perspective anyone with 5M should cash in now rather than risk losing their gains,  that from !the 100K perspective, look too good to pass up.  But that 5M guy is just like you on a higher rung of the ladder.  His collection was already worth millions when this run up started… so he’s sticking around, same as you  Absent a life changing event, opting to sell “at the top” is never obvious till later.  So while his losses will be greater than yours, they will still be manageable ~ and recoupable, assuming he has the right books and didn’t overpay or borrow money to buy them.  

Not to mention the taxes. :p

On 11/18/2021 at 10:53 PM, inovrmihd said:

Hi.  Any reason the Batman 49 sold for so much (much higher than the 37)?  Thanks.

Maybe because it’s the 1st Mad Hatter and Vicki Vale? It’s also the one and only 9.6 copy to exist as well.

Edited by Terry JSA
Turns out it’s not the only 9.6 to exist. There’s 5 total copies in that grade.

On 11/18/2021 at 4:33 PM, goldust40 said:
On 11/18/2021 at 4:28 PM, jimbo_7071 said:

it would be tough to justify not selling in this market.

It is indeed a conundrum - do you stick or twist?

The only problem is that by the time you get your books through the maze that is CGC, the entire marketplace might be completely different by then.  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:  :frustrated:

On 11/18/2021 at 10:53 PM, inovrmihd said:

Hi.  Any reason the Batman 49 sold for so much (much higher than the 37)?  Thanks.

First appearance of Vicki Vale, first Mad Hatter, classic red Joker cover, etc. I much prefer issue 37 myself, but there's a lot of key content in 49.

EDIT: Jason beat me to it in his last post.

Edited by Larryw7

On 11/19/2021 at 8:44 AM, tth2 said:

Anything with scantily clad females or damsels in distress on the cover is on fire.

They set off the Heritage fire alarm yesterday! 

Edited by adamstrange

On 11/19/2021 at 9:16 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

heck probably even Major Inapak - Space Ace

I don't like to brag, but I've got a hot lead on a high-grade copy. I know a guy who knows a guy.  :whistle: 

On 11/19/2021 at 10:18 AM, Point Five said:

I don't like to brag, but I've got a hot lead on a high-grade copy. I know a guy who knows a guy.  :whistle: 

Pffffh.  They're a dime a dozen.  Now, if you know of where I can score a vg+  ....