• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,854 posts in this topic

On 11/19/2021 at 2:20 PM, Cat-Man_America said:

Let's see, ...that's a 2001 era 8.0 (OW/W) holder.  ...Give me a few minutes to calculate grade bumps for a current label with the CGC's new Spinal Tap grading scale.  hm

I would definitely resubmit it if I were going to sell.  I bought it raw off Jeff Hind.  I submitted it to CGC along with three other books to get and idea of what their grading was like.  I snagged the book because it was perfectly centered

On 11/19/2021 at 5:04 PM, Aman619 said:

I wonder if this is how Van Gogh/Impressionist collectors felt in the late 1800s as the prices rose out of their reach!  and they had to share their hobby with ... those people who have no love for the ART.  Healots!

"Starry Night? Yeah, I flipped that one in 1901. Made a few thousand sweet francs!"
"Uh dude, it just auctioned again and I've got some *really* bad news for you..."

On 11/19/2021 at 2:24 PM, comicnoir said:

Cinderella Love 25 went for $16,800.00 

Ppl were calling for $10K/12K here I recall.

I was really surprised by that one, too. It’s only by participating on the boards here that I learned my love for Matt baker. Still, that one surprised me. 

On 11/20/2021 at 10:07 PM, adamstrange said:

I just picked up two dozen tulips.  :banana:

Welcome back Old Gene! :hi:

I should have clarified my post by saying "the only strategy that has consistently worked with comics throughout history ..." 

On 11/20/2021 at 9:14 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

Just in time! You should be able to swap a nice town house for those!

I'm holding out for a French chateau outside Nice :wishluck:

On 11/20/2021 at 9:20 AM, tth2 said:

I should have clarified my post by saying "the only strategy that has consistently worked with comics throughout history ..." 

It's guaranteed to work 100% of the time.

Until it doesn't.

On 11/17/2021 at 7:49 PM, jimbo_7071 said:

Yes, even the ones with awful dust shadows and terrible eye appeal—the high-grade ones, anyway.

Ugh. The book at 9.2 guides at $310. It was sitting at $525 going into the live session. I set a limit of $1000 for myself but got carried away and went up to $1200. Final hammer was $1800 (w/BP). I give it 24 hours before the regret sinks in. :frown:

image.thumb.png.cd650c51924bcd55bad500e8a56ffeae.png