• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worst superhero movie of the current era?
1 1

147 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Punisher: War Zone AINEC. Right, @mattn792hm

When you're talking greatness, absolutely (thumbsu

5 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

The third Tobey McGuire Spider-Man movie.

They should've just gone all in and put the entire That '70's Show cast in this one.  Kurtwood Smith calling everyone dumbaz for 180 minutes would've been far more entertaining than the piece of ____ that was actually released.

Edited by mattn792

Just now, mattn792 said:

They should've just gone all in and put the entire That '70's Show cast in this one.  Kurtwood Smith calling everyone dumbaz for 180 minutes would've been far more entertaining than the piece of ____ that was actually released.

:roflmao:

10 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

When you're talking greatness, absolutely (thumbsu

Mila Kunis would have gone a long way to save it as well. You should be in Hollywood . . .

36 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

DC or Marvel up for grabs.  My list ( no particular order ) 

Aquaman

Shazam

Justice League

Iron Man 2 

Thor Dark World 

Captain Marvel 

Amazing Spider-Man 2 

Yup - Captain Marvel was a 2 hour piece of bilge wasn't it?

3 minutes ago, pemart1966 said:

Yup - Captain Marvel was a 2 hour piece of bilge wasn't it?

IMO it's not worse than The Incredible Hulk or GotG Vol. 2, but it's not great by any means. I can understand why some may have it down there.

Huge letdown for the billing of "must-see before Endgame". Ant-Man and the Wasp is way better.

I got a kick out of Shazam. It was colorful. It was surprisingly and suddenly dark and violent in a way that reminded me of the 80's kid adventure movies of my youth. There were some genuine laffs and a few bones thrown to the old school fans. All in all, it was as good of a Shazam movie as could be made, I'd say.

The case of Punisher:War Zone is settled law. It rules. He punches through a guy's face. This court is adjourned.

Just now, F For Fake said:

...The case of Punisher:War Zone is settled law. It rules. He punches through a guy's face. This court is adjourned.

Appealed.

War Zone sucks.

I rest my balls on your forehead* case.

*I gladly accept my warning point(s) for this comment.

5 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

IMO it's not worse than The Incredible Hulk or GotG Vol. 2, but it's not great by any means. I can understand why some may have it down there.

Huge letdown for the billing of "must-see before Endgame". Ant-Man and the Wasp is way better.

IH with Eric bana was horrible.   But I guess I don’t count it as part of the current era. 

As for Spider-Man, I haven't liked a Spider-Man movie since the second Raimi film. There's a good movie lurking in the depths of Spidey 3, if you excised every single bit of the Venom content and just let Sam make the Sandman movie he wanted to make. Venom sucks. He will always suck, in all of his forms.

The Amazing Spider-Man movies aren't good. I liked the second one the best as it still has the most comics-accurate costume of any of the films so far (this is an extremely nerdy nitpick, but I'll let it stand) and I enjoyed the quips. Electro was...unfortunate.

I didn't like Homecoming either, as it felt like Iron Man Jr, rather than Spider-Man. It wasn't any kind of Spider-Man that I recognize. It's probably my least favorite Spider-Man movie of them all, which is saying something, because, you know, Amazing 1 & 2 were pretty bad.

I will go see Far From Home because apparently I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. I'm hoping it will be better.

Just now, TwoPiece said:

Appealed.

War Zone sucks.

I rest my balls on your forehead* case.

*I gladly accept my warning point(s) for this comment.

OBJECTION!

And if you get warning points or whatever, it didn't come from me. I'm always in for a good balls resting on foreheads joke!