• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worst superhero movie of the current era?
1 1

147 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Absolutely, this needs to happen.  It could even be worse than The Dark Tower.

2.9/10 caught my eye. That's 'Attach of the Killer Tomatoes' bad. :boo:

13 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Part of the MCU so  The one with Edward Norton I would consider “current era“   I liked that Hulk movie actually. I thought Norton was a better banner than Ruffalo but I certainly love the hulk from the avengers on

2003's Hulk with Bana is not part of the MCU.

2008's Incredible Hulk with Norton is part of the MCU.

Edit: Your sentence structure is throwing me off. Not sure if you were calling 2003's Hulk, "Part of the MCU, so...", or if you were saying "Part of the MCU, so, the one with..." Idk.

Edited by TwoPiece

31 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

2003's Hulk with Bana is not part of the MCU.

2008's Incredible Hulk with Norton is part of the MCU.

Edit: Your sentence structure is throwing me off. Not sure if you were calling 2003's Hulk, "Part of the MCU, so...", or if you were saying "Part of the MCU, so, the one with..." Idk.

Bana not MCU   

Norton = MCU  

Sorry I wasn’t clear  

What period are we narrowing this list down to when noting 'Current Era'? Since 1978, 1998 or something more recent?

If we narrow this list down to just DC and Marvel productions (that would ignore Condorman, The Meteor Man, Black Scorpion, Barb Wire, Orgazmo, Son of the Mask, Hancock, Kick-Azz 2, Super, The Spirit), there are 97 films to choose from. Though to be fair, Red, the Losers and the Men In Black films are not about superheroes.

DC_MCU_films01.thumb.png.1abc99beb2b885f45e6ac16f29f1b8fb.png

Do any of them top Fantastic Four (2015) or Howard the Duck (1986)?

39 minutes ago, paperheart said:

there are so many terrible ones: Green Lantern, Batman vs Superman, Justice League, S-M 3, Age of Ultron, X-M 3, IM 2, IM 3, ASM 2 but it's hard to say one is worse than Suicide Squad

Feel like I asked you this before, but, did you see the Ultimate (aka real) Edition?

Iron Man 2 and 3!? Age of Ultron!?

Iron Man 3 was disappointing, but in conversation for "the worst comic book movie of the 21st century"!?

I feel Iron Man 3 was mainly disappointing due to everyones preconceived expectations for the Mandarin, but in the end it was alright (and day by day my appreciation for what they did with the Mandarin increases). In fact, just because the film dealt with Tony's PTSD it was a valuable - and necessary - inclusion to the MCU (helping support and explain his own emotional state in other better movies). Regardless of quality compared to previous IM films it is nowhere near in the running for worst comic book movie (Suicide Square, Dark Phoenix, Cat Woman all make sure of that)

Killian still sucks though, but at least Iron Patriot was cool. 

Edited by Sauce Dog

Has anyone mentioned "The Spirit" yet? 

There is nothing that was or shall ever be that's worse than this movie. 

It putrid nature manifested itself as a reaction of physical pain in myself. 

It's even worse when you consider the quality of the cast, and the quality of the source material (which was and is incredibly influential on comic history) in relation to the quality of the overall film. 

So bad.

SO. 

BAD.

I wish I could Men in Black blank the memory of this film from my mind. 

Edited by comix4fun

37 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Has anyone mentioned "The Spirit" yet? 

There is nothing that was or shall ever be that's worse than this movie. 

It putrid nature manifested itself as a reaction of physical pain in myself. 

It's even worse when you consider the quality of the cast, and the quality of the source material (which was and is incredibly influential on comic history) in relation to the quality of the overall film. 

So bad.

SO. 

BAD.

I wish I could Men in Black blank the memory of this film from my mind. 

I did. What do I win? :baiting:

You win a full sealed case of The Spirit on DVD, pan and scan, standard def. 

4 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

I feel Iron Man 3 was mainly disappointing due to everyones preconceived expectations for the Mandarin, but in the end it was alright (and day by day my appreciation for what they did with the Mandarin increases). In fact, just because the film dealt with Tony's PTSD it was a valuable - and necessary - inclusion to the MCU (helping support and explain his own emotional state in other better movies). Regardless of quality compared to previous IM films it is nowhere near in the running for worst comic book movie (Suicide Square, Dark Phoenix, Cat Woman all make sure of that)

Killian still sucks though, but at least Iron Patriot was cool. 

This.

Thank you.

I still swear by Shane Black as a writer, despite Predators. (This is the man who also wrote Lethal Weapon, The Last Boy Scout, The Long Kiss Good Night, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, and The Nice Guys.)

And I can't imagine comic fans genuinely rating Iron Man 3 as worse than Iron Man 2.

So it's got to be the Mandarin switch. 

Again, it was done first with the R'as Al Ghul switch in Batman Begins.

And, last I checked, there weren't that many Mandarin fans out there to begin with.

But from an overall plotting, pacing, and writing perspective it's *far* superior to Iron Man 2.

Yes - it's overall legacy in the MCU doesn't touch that of Iron Man 2 (which introduced both Black Widow and Don Cheadle Rhodey).

But Iron Man 3 isn't even in the same universe as the worst MCU films (like Thor 2 and Guardians 2 -- hell, even Thor and Incredible Hulk were worse).

Biggest flaw with Iron Man 3 was studio interference -- Black's -script called for Maya to be the true Mandarin, but this was nixed because "female action figures don't sell" -- so we got Killian instead.