• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worst superhero movie of the current era?
1 1

147 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I think you're confusing "likes" with "delusion"...

xD

Sometimes. I agree. But still, for every 'meh' or 'ugh' for some of these films, there will be folks that connected with the content. I won't call out an example, as we all see it every day.

:foryou:

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

xD

Sometimes. I agree. But still, for every 'meh' or 'ugh' for some of these films, there will be folks that connected with the content. I won't call out an example, as we all see it every day.

:foryou:

:acclaim:

Delusions for everyone!

Allow me to set the record straight in regards to the MCU. There is one truly bad MCU movie, and that is The Incredible Hulk. The clunky dialogue, the silly romantic sub-plot with Bruce and Betty, the abominable Abomination. This whole movie was an abomination. Tim Roth is a great actor but wasted here. In reaction to the overly serious overly artsy Ang Lee Hulk, Marvel Studios tried to give us a dumbed down "Hulk smash" version with a bad action movie director at the helm. Fail.

Two other MCU movies that aren't truly bad but rather forgettable are obviously Thor:Dark World and Iron Man 3. Thor Dark World is just a borefest (in hindsight, Game of Thrones is the wrong tone for Thor) and serious Odinson is so irrelevant now that we know Thor is actually funny. Iron Man 3 didn't suck for me because of the Mandarin plot twist (that was pretty funny to me), but because of the awful adaptation of the Extremis story and the poor treatment of Pepper Potts.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

GotG Vol. 2 is worse than Iron Man 3 and The Dark World.

Humorous, but no stakes, and completely meaningless to the story of the MCU.

XXX.

First, GOTG Vol 2 was awesome. This is the first film where Feige and co. dissolved the "Marvel Creative Committee" and allowed the filmmakers to put more of a personal stamp on the movies. Rocket's scene in the woods with the Ravagers was brilliant. Yondu, Rocket, and Groot taking out the Ravagers to "Come a Little Bit Closer" was even more brilliant and is as close to cinematic art the MCU had gotten to at that point.

A ton of implications came out of GOTG2. The Guardians grow from a group of friends in GOTG to a family here. Gamora and Nebula become sisters. The Guardians feud with the Sovereign appears to set up Adam Warlock. Yondu dies. Mantis debuts and is awesome. Perhaps with the third Guardians movie, we'll see how important Vol 2 is to this trilogy and the greater MCU if one can't already.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

Just now, @therealsilvermane said:

XXX.

First, GOTG Vol 2 was awesome. This is the first film were Feige and co. dissolved the "Marvel Creative Committee" and allowed the filmmakers to put more of a personal stamp on the movies. Rocket's scene in the woods with the Ravagers was brilliant. Yondu, Rocket, and Groot taking out the Ravagers to "Come a Little Bit Closer" was even more brilliant and as close to cinematic art the MCU had gotten to that point.

A ton of implications came out of GOTG2. The Guardians grow from a group of friends in GOTG to a family here. Gamora and Nebula become sisters. The Guardians feud with the Sovereign appears to set up Adam Warlock. Yondu dies. Mantis debuts and is awesome. Perhaps with the third Guardians movie, we'll see how important Vol 2 is to this trilogy and the greater MCU if one can't already.

This is so incorrect that my mind is :censored: blown.

A simple battle scene being called "brilliant" is also mind-blowing.

Literally no storytelling in GotG Vol. 2 had any implications for the MCU. Anyone can become "family" by being around each other for specific amounts of time. Gamora and Nebula became "sisters" by dialogue. Whoopity-doo-daa. The Sovereign created Adam. Cool. They could've done that at any time. Yondu dies. Okay. Doesn't affect anything. Not like Kraglin did :censored: with his mohawk in Endgame. Mantis is trash. Worthless from any battle perspective and completely laughable that she 'has Captain Marvel's back' in Endgame.

It's a popcorn comedy and nothing more. Dialogue and the flow of time are the only things that did anything for the future of the MCU, which all could've occurred off-screen with fly-by exposition on a future movie, and created no wonder for audiences.

3 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

This is so incorrect that my mind is :censored: blown.

A simple battle scene being called "brilliant" is also mind-blowing.

Literally no storytelling in GotG Vol. 2 had any implications for the MCU. Anyone can become "family" by being around each other for specific amounts of time. Gamora and Nebula became "sisters" by dialogue. Whoopity-doo-daa. The Sovereign created Adam. Cool. They could've done that at any time. Yondu dies. Okay. Doesn't affect anything. Not like Kraglin did :censored: with his mohawk in Endgame. Mantis is trash. Worthless from any battle perspective and completely laughable that she 'has Captain Marvel's back' in Endgame.

It's a popcorn comedy and nothing more. Dialogue and the flow of time are the only things that did anything for the future of the MCU, which all could've occurred off-screen with fly-by exposition on a future movie, and created no wonder for audiences.

Mantis was a terrible addition, just fodder for Drax to look even more dense.  Completely pointless.

Edited by sagekilz

3 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Mantis is trash. Worthless from any battle perspective and completely laughable that she 'has Captain Marvel's back' in Endgame

13 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

Mantis was a terrible addition, just fodder for Drax to look even more dense.  Completely pointless.

Oh, okay. Is that why Mantis is a fan favorite? But just because you guys think the world revolves around your opinion, she must obviously be on the same level as a Jar Jar Binks. Sure.

Mantis helped almost take out Thanos in Infinity War, but Star-Lord ruined it. In GOTG Vol 2 she kept Ego, a living planet and a Celestial, at bay. Sure, she was of no help in the battle at the end of Endgame because she's an empath. Guns and fists aren't everything.

Just now, @therealsilvermane said:

Oh, okay. Is that why Mantis is a fan favorite? But just because you guys think the world revolves around your opinion, she must obviously be on the same level as a Jar Jar Binks. Sure.

Mantis helped almost take out Thanos in Infinity War, but Star-Lord ruined it. In GOTG Vol 2 she kept Ego, a living planet and a Celestial, at bay. Sure, she was of no help in the battle at the end of Endgame because she's an empath. Guns and fists aren't everything.

Said no one ever.

The fact that a "Celestial" can be 'put to sleep' by such a weak character says exactly all you need to know about the 'conflict' and lack of gravity to GotG Vol 2.

A half-Celestial who literally just discovers a modicum of his power is able to defeat a character who's been around for millennia. It's pathetic.

11 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

The fact that a "Celestial" can be 'put to sleep' by such a weak character says exactly all you need to know about the 'conflict' and lack of gravity to GotG Vol 2.

A half-Celestial who literally just discovers a modicum of his power is able to defeat a character who's been around for millennia. It's pathetic.

17 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Not trying to be uber argumentative but why would being a fan-favorite matter?  My opinion is JUST that, an opinion, however I never unleashed a miniature tantrum because I didn't like an MCU character.  I stated my peace, left it at that.  If you want to be a keyboard cowboy and shoot "facts" into the stratosphere because you have Mantis posters in your basement shrine so be it.

Mantis is a throw-away character for the MCU.  She is/was comedy relief, nothing more.

Additionally, if @TwoPiece and I have the same opinion in no way means we're pouncing on you.  BUT when you start licking shots off like that you'd better get your thesaurus ready.

Edited by sagekilz

Can't we all just (mostly) get along?

Yes, @@therealsilvermane enjoys garbage movies like GotG Vol. 2 and Captain Marvel, but we can still be civil about it!

@sagekilz, I don't think he's taking this discussion too seriously. Normally, we just converse for awhile until it breaks down into jokes. You and I both know GotG Vol. 2 and Captain Marvel suck. It's not a big deal!

On 7/9/2019 at 10:46 AM, pemart1966 said:

Captain Marvel was a 2 hour piece of bilge wasn't it?

I enjoyed Capt Marvel movie with the Kree world building and Skrulls. Better than Catwoman and Iron Man 3 (the Mandarin villian as a mere actor).

For a fanboy fantasy, try streaming 'Iron Sky' movie part 1. Modern day Nazis :whistle: from the dark side of the moon in high heels attack USA. President a la Sarah Palin leads the United Nations with USA outer space defense starship.