• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worst superhero movie of the current era?
1 1

147 posts in this topic

Brightburn (does this one count?)

FF

Aquaman

3rd Spiderman movie (ugh)

Punisher WarZone

Wolverine

These 6 were absolute turds for me.

Unlike some, I thought Captain Marvel was watchable but not great.  Same with Justice League.... watchable but not great.

I didn't go to the new HellBoy (and I'm a huge HellBoy fan), but I heard it was really bad.

7 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Brightburn (does this one count?)

FF

Aquaman

3rd Spiderman movie (ugh)

Punisher WarZone

Wolverine

These 6 were absolute turds for me.

Unlike some, I thought Captain Marvel was watchable but not great.  Same with Justice League.... watchable but not great.

I didn't go to the new HellBoy (and I'm a huge HellBoy fan), but I heard it was really bad.

Fixed.  Case law has established that War Zone unquestionably rules.

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

I got a kick out of Shazam. It was colorful. It was surprisingly and suddenly dark and violent in a way that reminded me of the 80's kid adventure movies of my youth. There were some genuine laffs and a few bones thrown to the old school fans. All in all, it was as good of a Shazam movie as could be made, I'd say.

The case of Punisher:War Zone is settled law. It rules. He punches through a guy's face. This court is adjourned.

Just now, gadzukes said:

Rules in a good way, or rules as the worst superhero movie of the current era?

See bold.  The law has spoken.

I actually agree that Punisher: War Zone rules, because it is one of the few comic book movies that went all out to accurately model itself after the comic book sources (even down to utilizing the color palette based on misprinted issues Marvel sent to the director as reference, and pulling exact panels from the books). It is 100% one of the most 'comic' comic movies ever, and I would argue is the most authentic 'Punisher' depictions ever.

2 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

IMO it's not worse than The Incredible Hulk or GotG Vol. 2, but it's not great by any means. I can understand why some may have it down there.

Huge letdown for the billing of "must-see before Endgame". Ant-Man and the Wasp is way better.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 > Captain Marvel

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:
1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

Negative, the ZTB movie was live action -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1260572/

Oh my!

2.9/10 average audience score????!!!!

They may have well released that cool poster and left it at that.

That's not a superhero movie! :makepoint:

Edited by creaturefan95
war is hell

47 minutes ago, bobotski said:

Does SyFy's production of "Trans Morphers" count?

No, that's a mockbuster put out by The Asylum. For the purposes of this thread, how are we defining "superhero movie"?

Edited by creaturefan95
war is hell

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

See bold.  The law has spoken.

I could get used to having my inane comments enforced as law!

judge_dredd_19ba.png

1 hour ago, Sauce Dog said:

I actually agree that Punisher: War Zone rules, because it is one of the few comic book movies that went all out to accurately model itself after the comic book sources (even down to utilizing the color palette based on misprinted issues Marvel sent to the director as reference, and pulling exact panels from the books). It is 100% one of the most 'comic' comic movies ever, and I would argue is the most authentic 'Punisher' depictions ever.

I remember posting to Lexi Alexandar how I appreciated this movie for wanting to honor the actual source material so accurately. Next thing you know, she blocked me. I think she assumed I was goofing on her.

:insane::ohnoez:

3 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

That one was just 'Hulk' in 2003. Not sure what the OP considers "current era". I was considering 21st century.

Part of the MCU so  The one with Edward Norton I would consider “current era“   I liked that Hulk movie actually. I thought Norton was a better banner than Ruffalo but I certainly love the hulk from the avengers on

"How bad could it possibly be?" was something I said when I checked out Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance from my local library. You want to know how bad it was? I forgot to watch/return it and The Incredible Hulk and had to pay a late fee for both of them! 

Edited by creaturefan95
war is hell

11 minutes ago, creaturefan95 said:

I read the tagline and now actually want to watch it :insane:

xD

I was thinking the very same thing. Now I want to see it, and judge how bad it truly is.

15 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Oh yeah, how could I forget dark Phoenix?? Horrendous !!!

It actually wasn't. But continue on. That's the 'fun' of having a thread like this. ;)