• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worst superhero movie of the current era?
1 1

147 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

3. Iron Man 2. What was the point? Honestly, did it give us ANY connections to anything in the MCU?

War Machine, Black Widow, Avengers Initiative, Badassium, the pinnacle of Stark's self-destructive behavior, etc etc etc...

Should I go on..? ???

3 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

As for DC, have not seen anything since Nolan's stuff. Reviews always seem to negative and I tried one DC film, Suicide Squad, and was thoroughly disappointed. What was that? I assumed other DC films were similar (and the reviews on many support that) so I have stayed away. I heard Wonder Woman was okay so maaaybeee I will watch it one day but as I am not a huge DC fan other than liking Batman, I doubt it. 

You tried the worst DC film..? That's like watching The Dark World and then giving up on the MCU...

Man of Steel, Batman v Superman Ultimate Edition, and Wonder Woman are all great. Aquaman, too, in fact.

Justice League is sadly just 'good'.

50 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

War Machine, Black Widow, Avengers Initiative, Badassium, the pinnacle of Stark's self-destructive behavior, etc etc etc...

Should I go on..? ???

My error. I meant to put IM 3. 2 was a decent action flick. 

As for watching the worst DC, I already know I dont love Superman, Aquaman and Wonder Woman. The Suicide Squad is an interesting team concept and I wanted to see how the movie fared. Plus, they nailed advertising it in the trailers. Looked action packed, had a great sountrack....sadly the movie was much much worse. So I guess that is why I started there. And again, my lack of love or care for the others have kept me away. 

13 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

My error. I meant to put IM 3. 2 was a decent action flick. 

As for watching the worst DC, I already know I dont love Superman, Aquaman and Wonder Woman. The Suicide Squad is an interesting team concept and I wanted to see how the movie fared. Plus, they nailed advertising it in the trailers. Looked action packed, had a great sountrack....sadly the movie was much much worse. So I guess that is why I started there. And again, my lack of love or care for the others have kept me away. 

lol Okay. Iron Man 3 still goes to prove that Tony Stark is Iron Man (and not just his suits). There aren't any overarching connections to the MCU, outside of Rhodey, though.

If you don't like Superman, even as a concept, then I guess Worlds of DC isn't for you. He's one of their primary icons and shaped the entire DC universe. The events of BvS, Justice League, etc. Wonder Woman is a good standalone flick. So is Aquaman.

Yes, Suicide Squad as a concept is good, but the movie is an easy 'F' in every sense of the word "failure".

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

lol Okay. Iron Man 3 still goes to prove that Tony Stark is Iron Man (and not just his suits). There aren't any overarching connections to the MCU, outside of Rhodey, though.

There are a few things that really bother me about Iron Man 3 which detract from the great foundation established before this film.

1) The Mandarin twist - truly horrible in that it detracts from what could have been an amazing portrayal of a very unique villain.

2) When the Mandarin team invades Tony's mansion, the same armor group command he is able to give during the film isn't used to handle the continuous attack.

3) The kid that has a really sad family history, yet I had no idea why I should care to begin with.

4) That fantastic scene where Tony was saving all those staffers from Air Force One, and the tension some may not make it (including Tony - which of course he was going to). Then we find out he was operating the suit remotely.

Glad it brought you joy about Tony Stark is Iron Man. But for me, it was more disappointing then continued excitement. Though we got the best part of the film later on.

16 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

There are a few things that really bother me about Iron Man 3 which detract from the great foundation established before this film.

1) The Mandarin twist - truly horrible in that it detracts from what could have been an amazing portrayal of a very unique villain.

2) When the Mandarin team invades Tony's mansion, the same armor group command he is able to give during the film isn't used to handle the continuous attack.

3) The kid that has a really sad family history, yet I had no idea why I should care to begin with.

4) That fantastic scene where Tony was saving all those staffers from Air Force One, and the tension some may not make it (including Tony - which of course he was going to). Then we find out he was operating the suit remotely.

Glad it brought you joy about Tony Stark is Iron Man. But for me, it was more disappointing then continued excitement. Though we got the best part of the film later on.

:ohnoez:

I said it's a good movie. Not great, and not flawless by any means.

22 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

:ohnoez:

I said it's a good movie. Not great, and not flawless by any means.

:tink:

Still, I would have rather seen an Iron Man 4 take that Marvel One-Shot ball and run with it with the real Mandarin. Would have been cool.