• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's FANTASTIC FOUR (TBD)
8 8

1,136 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Since “Asian” Jim has already been cast in the MCU, I will happily take “Original” Jim as  Dr. Richards.

Office fans will know what I am talking about and kudos to Dwight for not seeing race.

You had me at The Office

:banana:

With there being so much talk from fans about Kransinski and Blunt being such perfect casting it makes me wonder if it's almost certain it will be someone else. 

Either way I reckon the FF are going to be a huge deal when they come into the MCU. Not just a hit like the way it was with Guardians or Ant Man, but right up there at the Avengers level in their involvement and storylines. Fantastic Four was so important for the silver age of Marvel Comics and the potential to bring along the likes of Doom, Namor, Galactus and the Silver Surfer etc is just HUGE! And could be so cool for years to come.

Plus Spider-Man is their main guy now, he's in it for the long haul and his relationship with the FF has always been good.

I kinda feel like it would be a huge let down if JK isn't cast as Reed Richards. There isn't as much fandom behind the idea of Blunt as Sue. While I'm definitely more open-minded for whomever they cast as Sue, their chemistry would probably be a plus for the duo (should it occur).

On 6/1/2021 at 10:06 AM, marvelcollector said:

+1

She's a good but overrated actor. A terrible fit for Sue Storm.

Emily Blunt would be a much better choice. Assuming she loses that British accent.

+1

Very over-rated, and not someone I picture as Sue Storm/Richards at all. Like you said, she's a bad fit. Hopefully she's not enough of a name anymore to have any pull over casting. 

On 6/1/2021 at 5:36 AM, RickSp said:

I reckon the FF are going to be a huge deal when they come into the MCU. Not just a hit like the way it was with Guardians or Ant Man, but right up there at the Avengers level in their involvement and storylines. Fantastic Four was so important for the silver age of Marvel Comics and the potential to bring along the likes of Doom, Namor, Galactus and the Silver Surfer etc is just HUGE! And could be so cool for years to come.

I have a feeling, just a feeling, that neither Doom, Namor, Galactus, nor Silver Surfer will make their debut in a Fantastic Four film. Skrulls, so connected to the FF, already made their debut in Captain Marvel.

Blastaar, on the other hand, I could totally see that guy in a FF movie. But maybe the sequel. I'm calling Annihilus as the villain in the FF's MCU debut.

41 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I have a feeling, just a feeling, that neither Doom, Namor, Galactus, nor Silver Surfer will make their debut in a Fantastic Four film. Skrulls, so connected to the FF, already made their debut in Captain Marvel.

Blastaar, on the other hand, I could totally see that guy in a FF movie. But maybe the sequel. I'm calling Annihilus as the villain in the FF's MCU debut.

I’d take it.

It could tie into a storyline that the FF have been lost/locked in the Negative Zone for years & everyone forgot about them. Or if the FF come from a different multiverse earth - that could be the Negative Zone.

Either way, Annihilus would look impressive on the big screen.

So would Blastaar, Terrax, Dragon Man, the Mole Man’s big creature - you name it.

1 hour ago, TupennyConan said:

Paste Pot Pete! 

A Frighful Four led by evil genius Bentley Witman as a kind of anti-Reed Richards in the MCU is a very distinct possibility.

If Marvel could make Batroc the Leaper work on film, I bet they could do the same for Paste Pot Pete, the perfect extinguishing antidote for the Human Torch.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

Are they releasing FF movie action figures this early?

If so two takeaways from the toys...

1.  Michael B. Jordan won't be reprising his role as Johnny Storm

2.  They're not deviating much from the comics

***Really like The Thing figure...looks fantastic

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss
gramma

7 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Are they releasing FF movie action figures this early?

If so two takeaways from the toys...

1.  Michael B. Jordan won't be reprising his role as Johnny Storm

2.  They're not deviating much from the comics

***Really like The Thing figure...looks fantastic

I don't know what Grandma has to do with the edit. But if she is a Fantastic Four fan can she be my grandma as well?

hm

Oh. 'grammar'.

:baiting: