• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's FANTASTIC FOUR (TBD)
8 8

1,115 posts in this topic

These are comic related, not movie.

On 6/16/2021 at 10:56 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Are they releasing FF movie action figures this early?

If so two takeaways from the toys...

1.  Michael B. Jordan won't be reprising his role as Johnny Storm

2.  They're not deviating much from the comics

***Really like The Thing figure...looks fantastic

These are comic related, like much of the Mezco line.

Yeah no way they're letting slip any movie details just yet.

I'll be glad anyway if they hold off any FF announcements for a while. Give the spotlight to the MCU stuff due this year and next whilst I try and pickup some of the FF silver age run I've been after before prices get out of reach!

6 hours ago, RickSp said:

Give the spotlight to the MCU stuff due this year and next whilst I try and pickup some of the FF silver age run I've been after before prices get out of reach!

I'm going for the CGC 9.8 Jim Lee FF run.  It has everybody...Mole Man, Avengers, Namor, Silver Surfer, Galactus, Dr. Doom.  The art is fantastic.  Great story.  Very affordable (relatively speaking).

***Highly recommended for those looking for a good FF entry point

Best expressed his interest in playing Mr. Fantastic on Twitter, responding to a tweet by writer Zaki Hasan which pointed out the ancestral line from Mr. Fantastic to villain Kang the Conqueror. The latter character made an appearance in the finale of Marvel series Loki which debuted on Disney+ this week, played by Black actor Jonathan Majors. Hasan pointed out that Kang's real name is Nathaniel Richards and in the comics is a descendent of Reed Richards, AKA Mr. Fantastic, implying that the character will be Black in the MCU. This prompted Best to announce that he was, "Officially throwing [his] hat into the ring".

Yes! I've been saying for years that for representation purposes I'd like to see them make Reed African-American. A bit weird since I'm cutting off my own foot, as Reed's my fave character, so why would I want to drastically change him? Well I think it'd benefit the overall project. It gives black people the world over a terrific role model-one of the smartest men alive. That's someone to aspire to be. And he's fairly normal. He just wants to look after his family, and do his work in peace. Many people out there, outcasts, can appreciate that. 

Black Ben is pointless.

Black Sue or Johnny causes issues for the audience. 

Black Reed = Perfection. Role model for young POC.

STRONG statement to neoNazi types due to a mixed marriage and a mixed race child/ren. 

Black man commanding the white people, even the one who could kill him in seconds if he wanted to. 

So many positive communal messages it sends. 

Just you know, don't forget or try to erase white Reed like what happened with white Nick Fury. I cannae take that with Reed. 

9 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Yes! I've been saying for years that for representation purposes I'd like to see them make Reed African-American. A bit weird since I'm cutting off my own foot, as Reed's my fave character, so why would I want to drastically change him? Well I think it'd benefit the overall project. It gives black people the world over a terrific role model-one of the smartest men alive. That's someone to aspire to be. And he's fairly normal. He just wants to look after his family, and do his work in peace. Many people out there, outcasts, can appreciate that. 

Black Ben is pointless.

Black Sue or Johnny causes issues for the audience. 

Black Reed = Perfection. Role model for young POC.

STRONG statement to neoNazi types due to a mixed marriage and a mixed race child/ren. 

Black man commanding the white people, even the one who could kill him in seconds if he wanted to. 

So many positive communal messages it sends. 

Just you know, don't forget or try to erase white Reed like what happened with white Nick Fury. I cannae take that with Reed. 

SMDH…

12 minutes ago, AGGIEZ said:

SMDH…

Please understand the context in which I was parading that idea. It was not a 'just for the hell of it' idea. It was for a scenario where we're looking at changes being made, whether you like it or not. And I don't think what I proprosed would or should be a big deal for us white folk. But that's my 2 cents.

On 7/18/2021 at 11:57 AM, Xenosmilus said:

So this Chris Gore guy's statement that "99% of modern moviemaking is garbage" is based on the gender swapping of Ghostbusters and um, Ocean's Eight? Isn't this guy a movie critic? Does he actually watch movies anymore or does he base all his arguments on fan rumors? I heard Ocean's 8 was actually better than Ocean's Twelve. How about what makes a good movie or TV show (because a lot of talent tell their stories in streaming shows, too)  is one that's well written, well directed, well acted, and well edited? Whether it's those two or three movies that are gender swapped or not?

Either way, how does this even apply to the idea of a black Reed Richards(which I assume is the purpose of posting this video)? I'd think it would actually be the opposite of lazy to make a black Reed Richards because the filmmakers would have to work extra hard to make these "purist" fanboys like him.

So he sees all these remakes of movies where there is a gender swap or a race swap and says it's lazy.  Of course it's lazy, but it's not the gender swap or the race swap that makes it lazy.  It's the fact they are remaking movies rather than coming up with something new,  In fact remaking them without gender swapping or race swapping would be even more lazy.

Reed Richards Is Iron Man's True MCU Replacement (Not Spider-Man)

A more likely scenario is Spidey was, from the start, the red herring in the race to replace Iron Man in the MCU. The reality is the MCU’s true Iron Man replacement has yet to make his debut. The Fantastic Four are coming to the MCU and Reed Richards can fill the void left by Tony’s death. Upon examining what Reed brings to the table, it becomes obvious he will be a character Marvel relies heavily on. Though it remains uncertain when Mr. Fantastic and the rest of the Fantastic Four will officially join the MCU, their growing importance will be inevitable.

The most obvious parallel to make between Reed Richards and Tony Stark is their intelligence and engineering talent. Actually, in Marvel comics, Reed is regarded as the smarter of the two with a Ph.D. in basically every form of science known to humankind. The extent of Reed’s super-intelligence may surprise those who only associate his character with his famous elasticity. Having a hero with this level of engineering prowess and intellect in the MCU will be important moving forward as the Avengers continue to face intergalactic threats and need someone who understands increasingly advanced Wakandan tech in the MCU. It’s unlikely Professor Hulk and Spider-Man would be able to do it on their own.

Reed’s parallels to Iron Man don’t end at intelligence; they actually extend into less thought of Iron Man characteristics such as his penchant for fame. Iron Man reveled in his celebrity status as the first public superhero in the MCU and Mr. Fantastic is no stranger to stardom as a member of Marvel’s First Family. This celebrity aspect is incredibly important in how it relates to the Avengers’ public status. The MCU has illustrated time and time again the importance of public perception, and with Iron Man gone, the Avengers need leaders unafraid of the limelight who can maintain public relations.

On 7/29/2021 at 1:13 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Reed Richards doesn't have the capacity to replace Tony Stark, IMO. I don't think that he's marketable as an individual leader/character. I don't think he's that interesting outside of the FF group dynamic.

Spider-Man, on the other hand...

We know who the leader will be...

Disney02.thumb.png.89d94ad201f2a2cd6990f633d453db01.png

:facepalm:

On 7/19/2021 at 8:37 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

So this Chris Gore guy's statement that "99% of modern moviemaking is garbage" is based on the gender swapping of Ghostbusters and um, Ocean's Eight? Isn't this guy a movie critic? Does he actually watch movies anymore or does he base all his arguments on fan rumors? I heard Ocean's 8 was actually better than Ocean's Twelve. How about what makes a good movie or TV show (because a lot of talent tell their stories in streaming shows, too)  is one that's well written, well directed, well acted, and well edited? Whether it's those two or three movies that are gender swapped or not?

Either way, how does this even apply to the idea of a black Reed Richards(which I assume is the purpose of posting this video)? I'd think it would actually be the opposite of lazy to make a black Reed Richards because the filmmakers would have to work extra hard to make these "purist" fanboys like him.

On 7/19/2021 at 11:56 PM, thunsicker said:

So he sees all these remakes of movies where there is a gender swap or a race swap and says it's lazy.  Of course it's lazy, but it's not the gender swap or the race swap that makes it lazy.  It's the fact they are remaking movies rather than coming up with something new,  In fact remaking them without gender swapping or race swapping would be even more lazy.

Again that depends.

I have said this countless times before when it came to Ghostbusters.  The female led cast Ghostbusters did not fail because it was female led.  It failed because it Bill Murray was not a Ghostbuster in the movie.  When people think 'Ghostbusters' they think of Bill Murray.   This is why a third movie was stuck in developmental hell for so many years. Bill Murray wouldn't do it.

Now, even though there is a new cast being developed with Ghostbusters: Afterlife for a possible future franchise, people are excited because it continues the storyline and Bill Murray is a ghostbuster.   

When Paul Feig remade Ghostbusters, it could have been with the Paul Rudd, Finn Wolfhard, and the rest and a spiritual continuation of the story as we are seeing with Finn's character or whoever being the grandson of Egon.  However, it doesn't get people excited unless Murray and Ackroyd and Hudson are in it to reprise their roles. 

On 7/29/2021 at 6:13 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Reed Richards doesn't have the capacity to replace Tony Stark, IMO. I don't think that he's marketable as an individual leader/character. I don't think he's that interesting outside of the FF group dynamic.

Spider-Man, on the other hand...

Spider-Man is easily their main man for now.

If they were thinking that Reed Richards is going to lead a number of films in the same way they are going to need to get the actor spot on. RDJ elevated Iron man as a character more than another actor could probably do at the time to make him interesting enough that everyone loved to see him in all the films. In the context of the MCU they can probably do a lot with Mister Fantastic but I guess we'll have to see who's willing to take on the multi film deal....