• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's FANTASTIC FOUR (TBD)
8 8

1,115 posts in this topic

As ComicBook.com can now reveal, Curtis and Pepin already have their next Marvel gig lined up. Moon Knight writer Jeremy Slater tells us the two will soon tackle Marvel's highly anticipated Fantastic Four reboot.

"My execs on Moon Knight are the same guys who are running Fantastic Four, so we had a lot of talks about it," Slater tells us. "I was like, 'I'm not going to pitch you for anything, because honestly you don't need my stink on it.'"

On 5/12/2022 at 5:58 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The MCU has become one of those series - like Supernatural, and The Blacklist - that didn't end soon enough.

I love Supernatural, but everything after season 11 is awful.

The Blacklist petered out for me in season five.

The MCU started slipping for me after the first Guardians of the Galaxy, but there was the occasional gem like Black Panther.

On 5/12/2022 at 10:01 AM, D84 said:

I love Supernatural, but everything after season 11 is awful.

The Blacklist petered out for me in season five.

The MCU started slipping for me after the first Guardians of the Galaxy, but there was the occasional gem like Black Panther.

I would say Season 7, but IIRC Season 9 was redeeming. Season 10 would probably be my 'hard stop' if I re-watched the whole series.

Agreed on The Blacklist completely.

On 5/1/2022 at 11:40 AM, Gatsby77 said:

What others have said.

How exactly would they make the FF "woke?"

I'm old enough to remember folks here having near aneurysms when they heard about Michael B. Jordan's casting as Johnny Storm - and again with the twist that Sue was the adopted one.

As I said then - this was largely a non-issue for me because Johnny Storm's primary personality trait is that he's an arrogant hot-head -- this was one of the few things the 2015 FF film got right, and I thought Jordan nailed the role.

So...again. What exactly would a "woke" FF entail?

I'm old enough to remember when they replaced The Human Torch with a robot named Herbie I think it was. I would enjoy a Fantastic Four movie that would be true to early part of John Byrne's run before he replaced Ben Grimm with the She Hulk. A classic FF movie.

On 7/3/2022 at 4:57 PM, Sauce Dog said:

OOOOOOOORRRR we can get Gary Oldman reprising his role from Tiptoes.

Gary Oldman's a great choice for just about anything.  I love the guy & respect his acting immensely.  I would not be opposed to this.

But Ken Hall has some interesting comedic style, somewhat like Bill Irwin (you know him from LEGION and he's one of the guys in the Bobby McFerrin "Don't Worry, Be Happy" video.)  He's an actor on stage & screen, but also Circus/performance art acting.

Gary Oldman is 64 years old, 5' 9" tall of slim build.  Ken Hall is 42 years old, 4' 9" tall and little stocky build.  In The Umbrella Academy, with his black rim glasses on, he already is a ringer for The Mole Man. You put a green jumpsuit on this guy, put a pair of industrial welding glasses like Mole Man wears and hand him a thick, straight Walking stick.....well, you got The Mole Man.  Not to mention that at 42 years of age, he could reprise that role for the next 10-20 years. 

I love me some Gary Oldman, but I'd go with Ken Hall on this one. Just MHO.

On 7/3/2022 at 6:57 PM, Sauce Dog said:

OOOOOOOORRRR we can get Gary Oldman reprising his role from Tiptoes.

That is one of my favorite so bad it's good movies.

I can't believe they landed him for it.

On 7/4/2022 at 10:31 AM, Sauce Dog said:

To be clear, I was joking. I would be 100% opposed to this for a number of reasons. 

I've never seen Tiptoes, so I had no idea.  (thumbsu

On 7/5/2022 at 10:04 AM, Forbush-Man said:

I've never seen Tiptoes, so I had no idea.  (thumbsu

You need to see it. There aren't words to describe the movie.