• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's FANTASTIC FOUR (TBD)
8 8

1,133 posts in this topic

On 2/14/2024 at 9:30 AM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Ben reading the Dec.'63 LBJ cover issue of LIFE??

Assuming that's the time setting for the movie, FF #21 (Hate Monger) was published that month, followed by #22 (Mole Man), #23 (Doctor Doom), #24 (Infant Terrible).

Perhaps this image put out hints at the direction of the film...one that I often thought would be cool which is to have it take place in the 60s when the FF actually came about. Tell their origin in a brief but compelling way and then have them become involved in something that causes them to be "absent" from Earth all these years (trapped on another planet, world, whatever).

But then...who is the astronaut in the photo? Is it supposed to be a pre-Thing Ben?

Edited by comicginger1789

On 2/14/2024 at 2:16 PM, comicginger1789 said:

But then...who is the astronaut in the photo? Is it supposed to be a pre-Thing Ben?

Seems that way. Otherwise, nobody would have guessed the casting based on The Thing.

On 2/14/2024 at 11:12 AM, Bosco685 said:

I love Pedro in Mando and Last of us but I'm not digging this casting. Let's assume the MCU gets back on track and we get another good 18-20 films.

By then, Pedro will be about 60. They should have gotten someone younger. However, with all the multiverse jumping, I guess they can do whatever they want and replace actors as they go.

I am not sure what casting they could have announced that would have gotten me excited just by virtue of the cast, but, it definitely wasn't this. 

I tend to not get excited just from knowing some actor is in a movie.  Experience says that means very little in terms of quality. 

There may have been times, just can't remember.

Doesn't mean they can't make a great movie.  Just have to focus on the story.