• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's FANTASTIC FOUR (TBD)
8 8

1,115 posts in this topic

On 2/22/2024 at 8:59 AM, TupennyConan said:
On 2/22/2024 at 8:56 AM, AGGIEZ said:

Great explanation!

All you need to do is go watch clips from My Left Foot, Lincoln, and There Will Be Blood...he's incredible and is range is unmatched

LOTM & GONY.

he's amazing in there will be blood

On 3/3/2024 at 12:54 PM, drotto said:

Also getting sick of Pedro Pascal, seems like very uninspired casting. He is a fine actor, but not good enough to explain the number of jobs he is getting

His worldview aligns extremely well with a lot of the people in charge of these things. Perhaps therein lies part of the answer? 

On 3/28/2024 at 7:58 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

Trailer!

It's not real.

You have to be careful about who's publishing a trailer--if it's not the studio making the film then just assume it's fake, or as Screen Culture likes to call them "concept trailers."  :eyeroll:

On 3/28/2024 at 8:19 PM, fantastic_four said:

It's not real.

You have to be careful about who's publishing a trailer--if it's not the studio making the film then just assume it's fake, or as Screen Culture likes to call them "concept trailers."  :eyeroll:

Aw man, that sucks. Looked pretty well done.

On 3/28/2024 at 6:58 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

Trailer!

A fake trailer!!!

Anything from Screen Culture is fake.

IIRC she was a surfer along with Norrin in the Universe X storyline. So, not really gender-bending, just not following the traditional storyline. I'll hold out judgment until I see the film. 

For obvious reasons, I'd personally prefer Silver Age stories and characters in the FF movies.  There are plenty of good stories during the first 100 issues of FF.  Nevertheless, I'll continue to hope this will be good and Ms Garner will bring the kind of gravitas to the Silver Surfer he had in the comics.

On 4/3/2024 at 6:25 PM, MAR1979 said:

If you'd rather at some dude's package in the skintight Surfer suit there's nothign wrong with that. However speaking for myself and bulk of the potential audience for the film I'd much rather stare at a shapely female form with potential cam3l t0e in the taut Silver. BTW's I'm positive Lee and Kirby would agree with me!

You must be thinking of the wrong chick...besides being quite possibly the homeliest actress in follywood she has the body of a prepubescent male.

Glad I stopped being excited about this years ago.

Edited by Mystafo

I'm not technically against gender bending and race shifting per se, as long as it is applied equitably, but I can't help but notice that the changing typically involves the removal of white male heterosexual roles. Do I need to ask for some clarification on what the message is here, if there even is one? GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

... for example, why isn't Jean Grey being morphed into a white male womanizing pervert?

MEME MERCURY.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

On 4/4/2024 at 12:05 PM, jimjum12 said:

I'm not technically against gender bending and race shifting per se, as long as it is applied equitably, but I can't help but notice that the changing typically involves the removal of white male heterosexual roles. Do I need to ask for some clarification on what the message is here, if there even is one? GOD BLESS ...

That's what I mean by "checking an inclusivity box."

Some executive these days always has to say, "Forget about 50+ years of the comic character being (established example), we don't have enough (women, black, Asian, Hispanic, etc) in this movie! We need to change that character so that we have enough or we'll get roasted by society!!!"

It's ridiculous. Make an original movie that checks all those boxes and stop screwing with the version of the character that made it popular enough for a movie in the first place.

Posted (edited)
On 4/4/2024 at 12:13 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

That's what I mean by "checking an inclusivity box."

Some executive these days always has to say, "Forget about 50+ years of the comic character being (established example), we don't have enough (women, black, Asian, Hispanic, etc) in this movie! We need to change that character so that we have enough or we'll get roasted by society!!!"

It's ridiculous. Make an original movie that checks all those boxes and stop screwing with the version of the character that made it popular enough for a movie in the first place.

Not to worry.

Someone will find a quote from decades ago Stan Lee originally meant for Silver Surfer to be a female. So this is just honoring his original vision. (see: The Mutants vs. 61 years of The X-Men)

Edited by Bosco685