• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's FANTASTIC FOUR (TBD)
8 8

1,132 posts in this topic

On 4/3/2024 at 5:55 PM, awakeintheashes said:

IIRC she was a surfer along with Norrin in the Universe X storyline. So, not really gender-bending, just not following the traditional storyline. I'll hold out judgment until I see the film. 

Agreed, and she's a hell of an actress.  

On 4/4/2024 at 1:23 PM, Cman429 said:

It's amazing to me that on the VERY day Iger wins his proxy fight from a bunch of guys trying to save Disney from themselves, they go and drop the Surfer news. And just like that they take one of their few potential new franchises and turn it into the next Eternals by driving away the very audience they're trying to win back. 

It almost makes you wonder if someone is divebombing Disney from within, you know, and then plan to rummage through the debris for pennies on the dollar? GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

It will be interesting to see whether there is any buzz for this film up on release. The casting was meh before the announcement today as it was. The MCU has lost its way post Endgame and does not seem to know how to find it again.

On 4/4/2024 at 1:35 PM, thehumantorch said:

Agreed, and she's a hell of an actress.  

All I know is if they turn her into a princess with a big musical number, I will never watch another Disney-fied Marvel movie again.

On 4/4/2024 at 10:41 PM, kimik said:

It will be interesting to see whether there is any buzz for this film up on release. The casting was meh before the announcement today as it was. The MCU has lost its way post Endgame and does not seem to know how to find it again.

Personally, I think trying to make everyone happy, especially in today's social climate is, at best, disingenuous. A good filmaker knows how to torque people off, yet at the same time, make them feel dirty about it. I'm not sure exactly what that means, but it sounds better than what they're doing. :bigsmile: GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

TspG6M9.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

All this talk of casting but where is the script? I could care less who they cast or who is playing who as something that overrides the importance of having a script in hand. And why rush right into the Silver Surfer? What about a kiss boy?

On 4/4/2024 at 12:50 PM, CAHokie said:

Iger was interviewed today and asked about the forbidden word. He said that Disney's goal is to make good entertainment and not infusing messaging. :roflmao:

Typical response of no we don't focus on that but then they do the exact opposite. Deflect, deny and then keep producing . 

On 4/3/2024 at 4:25 PM, MAR1979 said:

If you'd rather at some dude's package in the skintight Surfer suit there's nothign wrong with that. However speaking for myself and bulk of the potential audience for the film I'd much rather stare at a shapely female form with potential cam3l t0e in the taut Silver. BTW's I'm positive Lee and Kirby would agree with me!

good point! i didnt think of that. does make it somewhat more interesting, sadly. 

i was more bummed that we wont see the storyline from silver surfer 3 when mephisto teases norrin radd with reuniting him with shalla bal if he will only do his bidding. 

but like so many people, i'm beyond tired of marvel gender bending seemingly every character. i get it- women can do amazing things! they can be superheroes too- we know! it still wont bring teen girls to the theater for mcu. only taylor swift could do that. if that's their goal, they have cast the wrong person.