• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's FANTASTIC FOUR (TBD)
8 8

1,115 posts in this topic

On 4/9/2024 at 9:59 AM, alexgross.com said:

but like so many people, i'm beyond tired of marvel gender bending seemingly every character. i get it- women can do amazing things! they can be superheroes too- we know! it still wont bring teen girls to the theater for mcu. only taylor swift could do that. if that's their goal, they have cast the wrong person. 

Excellent statement.

On 4/5/2024 at 4:47 AM, s-man said:

All I know is if they turn her into a princess with a big musical number, I will never watch another Disney-fied Marvel movie again.

I hated that scene in the Marvels. After all the singing and dancing they were doing ended they immediately reveal none of it mattered because the Prince can speak normally as he is bilingual.

On 4/9/2024 at 9:06 AM, Artboy99 said:

It is absolutely baffling how stupid they are. The solution is right in front of them: take the best stories as written in the comics and simply put that on the big screen. No need to change anything. I certainly don't need Disney to create something "new and fresh, that the fans have never seen before - Bob Iger" because they have already proven they can't do that.

If they are looking at best stories, then that is not the FF since 1965ish...............

On 4/3/2024 at 4:25 PM, MAR1979 said:

If you'd rather at some dude's package in the skintight Surfer suit there's nothign wrong with that. However speaking for myself and bulk of the potential audience for the film I'd much rather stare at a shapely female form with potential cam3l t0e in the taut Silver. BTW's I'm positive Lee and Kirby would agree with me!

Until instead of camel toe they take it a step further and add in a package. 

On 4/9/2024 at 11:18 AM, kimik said:

If they are looking at best stories, then that is not the FF since 1965ish...............

As a huge Byrne fan, you have insulted me. Also, you're incorrect. See: Byrne. :shy:

Edit : Just make FF #242-244 into a movie. Count your billion dollars. Done.

Edited by Chip Cataldo

On 4/10/2024 at 8:53 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

As a huge Byrne fan, you have insulted me. Also, you're incorrect. See: Byrne. :shy:

Great story!

But I also love the trial of Galactus, in particular the full page of all the different races and how they see Galactus when they look upon him; brilliant idea.

Galactus.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

On 4/10/2024 at 7:53 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

i have had those issues since i was a kid. back then i was so disappointed in his self-inking post x-men that i dont recall much about the storylines, other than him putting himself in one issue yet again. maybe i should dig them out and re-read them. 

On 4/11/2024 at 4:15 PM, alexgross.com said:

i have had those issues since i was a kid. back then i was so disappointed in his self-inking post x-men that i dont recall much about the storylines, other than him putting himself in one issue yet again. maybe i should dig them out and re-read them. 

He puts himself in #262, so that's a ways off from this though that storyline is a direct result of this story.

This story is his pinnacle multi-issue, IMHO, followed closely with #258-260 with Doom/Terrax.

His best story ever is FF #285. I'll always love that book and got the pleasure of telling him in person what an amazing story it was to me. The ending of FF #267 is close, but not quite there.

On 4/9/2024 at 11:06 AM, Artboy99 said:

It is absolutely baffling how stupid they are. The solution is right in front of them: take the best stories as written in the comics and simply put that on the big screen. No need to change anything. I certainly don't need Disney to create something "new and fresh, that the fans have never seen before - Bob Iger" because they have already proven they can't do that.

Yes, but a narcissist is typically unable to admit failure, which is what most corporate executives are. GOD BLESS.... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 4/4/2024 at 4:41 AM, Key Largo Comics said:

Not really a gender bend technically. She's playing Shalla-Bal. Doesn't preclude us getting Norrin Radd at some point.

With the miserable track record of gender/race-swapping across so many classic tales and characters under the guise of "creativity" :facepalm:, we're probably far more likely to get some alphabet+ version of a "Noreen" Radd instead.