• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's X-MEN film (TBD)
3 3

565 posts in this topic

With Patrick Stewart’s involvement in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness coming not long after Disney’s acquisition of Fox, many fans have been eagerly waiting to see when the X-Men will be formally introduced into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. While we still don’t know much on that front, it appears that Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness screenwriter Michael Waldron is working on a new X-Men project for Marvel.

This detail was revealed by fellow Marvel writer Jennifer Kaytin Robinson, who was a co-writer on Thor: Love and Thunder and producer on Hawkeye. The two were talking on Instagram, and for some reason, Jennifer Kaytin Robinson let slip that Michael Waldron was working on some kind of X-Men project.

As you can see below, on a post regarding her birthday, Michael Waldron commented:

“Good luck with your life”

Then, by a total surprise, Jennifer Kaytin Robinson responded with this bombshell:

“good luck w writing x men”

As of this writing, there haven’t been any X-Men projects announced except for the upcoming Disney Plus series X-Men ’97. However, the details of that series have already been released, and Michael Waldron is not involved. As such, it’s expected that this new project is something on the live-action side of things. 

Especially with Michael Waldron’s involvement with the Doctor Strange sequel that sees the return of Patrick Stewart. It would certainly make sense to have the same writer involved with the next Mutants outing for the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Doesn't feel like a story leak. If anything, just who may be helping craft the story itself.

On 5/30/2022 at 11:58 AM, Bosco685 said:

Doesn't feel like a story leak. If anything, just who may be helping craft the story itself.

Stewart looked especially feeble in DS2. Can we please retire all Fox X-Men actors? Please? 

On 5/30/2022 at 2:03 PM, TupennyConan said:

Stewart looked especially feeble in DS2. Can we please retire all Fox X-Men actors? Please? 

Sorry. But that movie so poorly conveyed the power of Professor Xavier I can't blame the actor.

Even with Reed Richards he pretty much fed Wanda the details who to take out first. Very un-Reed Richards.

:(

On 5/30/2022 at 2:15 PM, Bosco685 said:

Sorry. But that movie so poorly conveyed the power of Professor Xavier I can't blame the actor.

Even with Reed Richards he pretty much fed Wanda the details who to take out first. Very un-Reed Richards.

:(

I blame both.

The further away I get from DS2, the more I dislike it. 

I really dislike it. 

Yeah, Stewart as Xavier won't cut it

Not sure which balding late 50s early 60s actor would work, but Stewart is done 

A bunch of no names with talent is what the franchise needs for a fresh start, and while Olsen is awesome as Scarlet Witch, I don't think they can incorporate Quicksilver and Magneto into the classic brotherhood

On 5/30/2022 at 11:19 PM, kimik said:

I thought McAvoy and Fassbender were great as Xavier and Magneto in the Fox X-Men reboot and would be happy to see them reprise the roles in the MCU.

They were

He is too small. After Hugh Jackman Wolverine is at least 6,2 feet and only little bit smaller than Sabretooth who is his brother now. Wolverine in comics started to be a difficult character because his ridiculous size. Artists just started to make him more and more bulky because then he looked menacing.

On 7/1/2022 at 3:59 PM, godzilla43 said:

He is too small. After Hugh Jackman Wolverine is at least 6,2 feet and only little bit smaller than Sabretooth who is his brother now. Wolverine in comics started to be a difficult character because his ridiculous size. Artists just started to make him more and more bulky because then he looked menacing.

The whole point of Wolverine is that he is small and could tangle with someone Hulk sized

Practically the definition of Wolverine.

Have you even  read the comics?  Wolverine is 5'3. 

Well, aside from the fact that Wolverine is supposed to be small, Edgerton isn't actually small.  He's like 5'9. 

Granted it would still be an adjustment after Jackman, who killed in the role, but if you're gonna have to re-cast, Edgerton seems all right.  

On 7/1/2022 at 11:47 PM, Axelrod said:

Well, aside from the fact that Wolverine is supposed to be small, Edgerton isn't actually small.  He's like 5'9. 

Granted it would still be an adjustment after Jackman, who killed in the role, but if you're gonna have to re-cast, Edgerton seems all right.  

Really? he's 5'9?  he always seems smaller in his roles.  

On 7/1/2022 at 11:49 PM, Wolverinex said:

Really? he's 5'9?  he always seems smaller in his roles.  

Well, that's what google said (shrug)

On 7/2/2022 at 5:06 AM, Wolverinex said:

Have you even  read the comics?  Wolverine is 5'3. 

Yes, and like you know if you read comics characters evolve over time. Wolverine 5'3 works as a hot headed/ sometimes comic relief character but Wolverine 5'9-6'3 works as a lead story character. 

I also thought that Taron was smaller. I think he will make okay Wolverine but of course the actual movie needs to be good..

Edited by godzilla43