• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective Comics 359
2 2

349 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

The CGC version was graded: 

Grade Date:

04/16/2019

The Voldy version has a serial number of 18-2124777-001

Can we assume the leading "18" means it was graded in 2018?  I really don't follow Voldy or their number scheme. 

Probably not: 
anderson.jpg.ec1c630bc3f7be701f891b8af83e9280.jpg

54 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

The CGC version was graded: 

Grade Date:

04/16/2019

The Voldy version has a serial number of 18-2124777-001

Can we assume the leading "18" means it was graded in 2018?  I really don't follow Voldy or their number scheme. 

Nice,  so the buyer must have gotten screwed. 

13 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I keep looking at the bottom (rusty?) staple, and either grade...even without any other enhancements.

It does look like there could be a little migration on the bottom staple in the 9.2 scan.

Is it possible the 9.2 had all the work done after it was slabbed by Voldy, then submitted to CGC?

Would help to make sense of this mess.

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

Alas, this is much ado about nothing.  The game of gotcha can be played on either side of the street.  For instance, a blue label CGC graded book that I had re-holdered by the competition came back with slight restoration detected (minor color touch and tear seal).  Fortunately it was fixable and re-holdered to a blue label without negative impact to the final grade, but CGC initially missed it.  It happens, no grading service is perfect 100% of the time.

:download:

I solved it for ya.... 

Someone took a bath in this book.

The CBCS copy was graded first and was sold on 8/29/2018 for $10,405 LINK: http://comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?id=1268769

The CGC copy was graded on 4/16/2019 and was later sold on ComicLink at an unknown date for $869

Someone got screwed to the tune of over $9,500

7 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I solved it for ya.... 

Someone took a bath in this book.

The CBCS copy was graded first and was sold on 8/29/2018 for $10,405 LINK: http://comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?id=1268769

The CGC copy was graded on 4/16/2019 and was later sold on ComicLink at an unknown date for $869

Someone got screwed to the tune of over $9,500

Buzz why didnt they just send back to CBCS and get the old grade and $$$ ??

4 minutes ago, kav said:

Buzz why didnt they just send back to CBCS and get the old grade and $$$ ??

I dunno... but the timeline fits with someone taking a bath in the book.  You figure given a turnaround time of 60 days to get the thing pressed and graded that the book would have come back around December / January and then been submitted to ComicLink to sell after the owner was through crying. 

30 minutes ago, herc2000 said:

The black bit at the top looks like just a random blob rather than a color touch, poorest of attempts otherwise.

Well found Buzz on those dates, I feel for the guy who re-holdered it, he should have asked for it back and began enquiries :-(

what he should have done is sent back to CBCS for the old grade!!

Just now, kav said:

what he should have done is sent back to CBCS for the old grade!!

Things don't always work out that way... I would ask this question on the CBCS boards and especially on the CBCS FB groups.... They will go berserk. 

Whoever should undertake such a mission should do the boards a solid and end their post with, "You want to hear a good joke? Nobody speak, nobody get choked." 

18 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Things don't always work out that way... I would ask this question on the CBCS boards and especially on the CBCS FB groups.... They will go berserk. 

Whoever should undertake such a mission should do the boards a solid and end their post with, "You want to hear a good joke? Nobody speak, nobody get choked." 

I would post it but they would ban me most likely.

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

I will ask it on the CBCS boards... If they ban me so what... 

I wouldnt really care if they banned me.