• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI show (TBD)
9 9

547 posts in this topic

On 5/31/2022 at 8:35 AM, Bosco685 said:

Say what you want about MCU, DC or even Snyder fandom. Star Wars fans are horrible at times.

What's worse is that they warned her in advance that this would happen.

I told the same thing to someone here, where Star Wars fans can be the absolute worst in so many different ways.  No matter what they do, there is is always some guy that thinks it sucks because it is not what they would do. They don't know how to enjoy anything. 

@Bosco685

Found it... 

There was an article from May 23rd claiming that Disney warned the actress this might happen even before Episodes 1 and 2 aired. 

https://www.cbr.com/lucasfilm-warned-obi-wan-kenobi-star-about-racist-star-wars-fans/

On 5/31/2022 at 4:40 PM, Buzzetta said:

@Bosco685

Found it... 

There was an article from May 23rd claiming that Disney warned the actress this might happen even before Episodes 1 and 2 aired. 

https://www.cbr.com/lucasfilm-warned-obi-wan-kenobi-star-about-racist-star-wars-fans/

Wow! Amazing that Disney even had to call this out, knowing there is a pattern of ignorance.

:(

Saw the first episode last night and will try to get to second one tonight. Like Ewan as Kenobi and always thought he did a good job. Will need more of the Leah subplot to make a judgement but seemed "that darned kid again..."

Liked Episode 3 a lot.  Spoilers if you have not seen it. 

Spoiler

Quinlon Vos survived Order 66 !

I liked Vader toying with Kenobi to drive in that sense of fear.  Adds to a level of revenge when he tries to drag Kenobi through fire to make him suffer.  Kenobi escapes but Vader allows it to make Kenobi suffer again on his own terms. 

So the empire is going after all force sensitive people especially children.  Leia is in double danger.

Welcome Zac Braff to the Star Wars universe.

The last time we saw Vader this dark was in Rogue One.  Walking through the village snapping necks to see if it stirs emotions from Obi Wan was brilliant. Like Rogue One it adds to Vader’s reputation as to why we should fear this guy. 

Where is the Grand Inquisitor?  We already know that Disney is not ignoring Rebels based on Ahsoka so… GI is alive in rebels so what gives ?

Edited by Buzzetta

On 6/1/2022 at 6:11 AM, Larryw7 said:

Watched the first two yesterday. It's an enjoyable show, and it's great to see Ewan back as Obi-Wan. My only complaint is the music. Where's the Force theme(Binary Sunset), Leia's theme and other music that is pretty important in conveying emotion and character motivation? The music from the show is generic Television series music. The show would be so much more epic if they used a full fledged orchestral score in my opinion. 

I was thinking the same actually and watched the credits for Episode 3.  Apparently they “adapted” elements of the original soundtrack like Obi Wan’s theme but like you, I’m not really seeing it. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 6/1/2022 at 2:36 AM, Buzzetta said:

Liked Episode 3 a lot.  Spoilers if you have not seen it. 

Hide contents

Quinlon Vos survived Order 66 !

I liked Vader toying with Kenobi to drive in that sense of fear.  Adds to a level of revenge when he tries to drag Kenobi through fire to make him suffer.  Kenobi escapes but Vader allows it to make Kenobi suffer again on his own terms. 

So the empire is going after all force sensitive people especially children.  Leia is in double danger.

Welcome Zac Braff to the Star Wars universe.

The last time we saw Vader this dark was in Rogue One.  Walking through the village snapping necks to see if it stirs emotions from Obi Wan was brilliant. Like Rogue One it adds to Vader’s reputation as to why we should fear this guy. 

Where is the Grand Inquisitor?  We already know that Disney is not ignoring Rebels based on Ahsoka so… GI is alive in rebels so what gives ?

Spoiler

Quinlon Vos surviving Order 66 wasn't really in doubt, but this is more confirmation that he survived in canon.  I know he plays a role in Dark Disciple (which I haven't and refuse to read because, ironically, I don't want it to be canon).

The Empire going after force sensitive kids was a plot in Rebels so seeing it's been an ongoing goal of the Empire is a nice touch.

Who did Zac Braff play?  Was he that weird mole man driver?  I kept trying to pin that voice.

On 6/1/2022 at 5:38 PM, Bosco685 said:

I liked the third episode because of who showed up. He seems to add the intensity just by appearing.

But for me, Leia is coming across like a Mary Sue and a tiny bit annoying.

She's a kid.  Ahsoka was annoying in season 1 of the Clone Wars as well.  I'm not even sure what "Mary Sue" is supposed to mean but I think it's great we're seeing a hint of who she eventually becomes.  She's easily a product of the Organa's, but also her biological parents.

Really happy we are getting to see how powerful and evil Vader really became. We see it in the comics, But besides the couple minutes in RO, it hasn’t been displayed on screen. 

Spoiler

By the way they are setting it up, you can tell GI shows back up and messes up Reva. Anyone who has watched Rebels knows he’s still around, but for those unfamiliar it will be a big surprise, I’m sure. 

On 6/1/2022 at 8:38 PM, Bosco685 said:

I liked the third episode because of who showed up. He seems to add the intensity just by appearing.

But for me, Leia is coming across like a Mary Sue and a tiny bit annoying.

It's not so much that I think they are writing her as a Mary Sue because she does keep finding herself in genuine trouble that she needs others to get her out of.  I felt that they are writing her more like a young Carrie Fisher than a young Leia Skywalker / Organa. 

On 6/1/2022 at 12:48 PM, ExNihilo said:
  Hide contents

Quinlon Vos surviving Order 66 wasn't really in doubt, but this is more confirmation that he survived in canon.  I know he plays a role in Dark Disciple (which I haven't and refuse to read because, ironically, I don't want it to be canon).

The Empire going after force sensitive kids was a plot in Rebels so seeing it's been an ongoing goal of the Empire is a nice touch.

Who did Zac Braff play?  Was he that weird mole man driver?  I kept trying to pin that voice.

I actually thought the mole man was Seth Rogen. Was surprised it was Braff.