• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI show (TBD)
9 9

547 posts in this topic

On 6/1/2022 at 6:38 PM, Bosco685 said:

I liked the third episode because of who showed up. He seems to add the intensity just by appearing.

But for me, Leia is coming across like a Mary Sue and a tiny bit annoying.

Agreed re: young Leia. Watching her so far brings this comment to mind............

spare the rod Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

On 6/2/2022 at 5:32 AM, bentbryan said:

Anyone else catch Mando’s girlfriend in this episode? At first I thought it looked like her, then didn’t think so. But I checked IMDb after and yup. It’s her. 

Yes, I immediately noticed her but she didn't make it into the IMDb credits until later in the day it released.  I knew it was her though as I've been familiar with her since I first saw her as Lucius Vorenus's wife in the HBO series "Rome" back in 2005, which is still one of my favorite television shows ever made.

398fce462eb2b420f1d14a9ca31a9999.jpg

Edited by fantastic_four

I’m glad they included an Imperial Officer that had grown disillusioned with the Empire and switched side. We saw it in Rebels as well as Resistance, but nice to see in live action.

I had theorized that maybe she was going to play Ezra Bridger’s mother, but I’m happy with the character and hope there is more to come.  

On 6/1/2022 at 4:12 PM, Rip said:

Episode 3 was a big improvement of the first two. I was also shocked a little by the violence.

Big thumbs up.

Thanks for the heads up.  I got through the first 2 last night and now I'm looking forward to #3 tonight.,  I thought the first 2 were decent but nothing great.

On 6/1/2022 at 12:48 PM, ExNihilo said:
  Hide contents

Quinlon Vos surviving Order 66 wasn't really in doubt, but this is more confirmation that he survived in canon.  I know he plays a role in Dark Disciple (which I haven't and refuse to read because, ironically, I don't want it to be canon).

The Empire going after force sensitive kids was a plot in Rebels so seeing it's been an ongoing goal of the Empire is a nice touch.

Who did Zac Braff play?  Was he that weird mole man driver?  I kept trying to pin that voice.

On 5/31/2022 at 10:02 AM, piper said:

Toxic fans aside, the actress playing Reva is terrible.  Her acting is over the top and just not good.  My wife suggested that she needs to find a new occupation.

It's unfortunate that so many are crossing the line with their comments on twitter.

Agree. Racism has nothing to do with it. She's just a poor actress. The story just comes to a stop every time she forces her overdramatic lines. 

On 6/2/2022 at 11:45 AM, Lpgk said:

Agree. Racism has nothing to do with it. She's just a poor actress. The story just comes to a stop every time she forces her overdramatic lines. 

I think it's more writing and directing.  I'll agree some of it is her delivery, but there weren't any issues with her acting in Queens Gambit, so it's unfair to say she's a poor actress.  The director should coax more out of her performance and the written material hasn't done her any favors by creating (to this point) a bland villain who's evil for evils sake.  I can only hope more of her backstory will be revealed, perhaps something that ties in to the opening sequence.

After all, other actors of color who have joined the Star Wars universe in recent years have complained about racist attacks from fans online, including John Boyega and Kelly Marie Tran.

So it wasn't exactly shocking to this non-white Star Wars fan when Ingram – whose turn as villainous Inquisitor Reva Sevander lights up the series – shared messages she received on social media from trolls using insults and the n-word to denigrate one of the most powerful Black women to join the franchise.

Here's what is surprising to me: that the media companies behind the Star Wars juggernaut — Lucasfilm and its owner, Disney – haven't done more to proactively support non-white actors and push back against the racism they regularly face when taking prominent roles in the franchise.

On 6/3/2022 at 6:19 AM, Bosco685 said:

This isn’t defending Disney for anything, but what the heck are they supposed to do to prevent something like this from happening? The solution offered up by the author isn’t going stop these insufficiently_thoughtful_persons from posting this garbage on social media. 

Maybe somebody should make a documentary about how terrible fandoms are and how that has been exacerbated in this era of superhero and franchise movies. Maybe putting a focus on it would help reduce this type of activity. With that said, some people only find fulfillment by putting other people down, which is sad. 

Edited by awakeintheashes
Fixed run-on sentence.

On 6/2/2022 at 5:46 AM, fantastic_four said:

Yes, I immediately noticed her but she didn't make it into the IMDb credits until later in the day it released.  I knew it was her though as I've been familiar with her since I first saw her as Lucius Vorenus's wife in the HBO series "Rome" back in 2005, which is still one of my favorite television shows ever made.

398fce462eb2b420f1d14a9ca31a9999.jpg

Totally forgot she was in Rome. I've seen that and Game of Thrones but had to confirm also that was her in Kenobi. As for the first three episodes, interesting such an arch/focus on Leah I wasn't expecting, guess that's what they intended. Now back to some Luke?

On 6/3/2022 at 9:36 AM, awakeintheashes said:

This isn’t defending Disney for anything, but what the heck are they supposed to do to prevent something like this from happening?

Exactly. If people are posting garbage on Disney-owned sites, Disney can delete it.

When people are posting garbage anywhere else... (shrug)

This show is okay if you just stop thinking all the stupid stuff happening. Like Obi-Wan wanted Leia to be safe so he asked Tala to help Leia to escape. Then Leia just said to Tala go help Obi-wan I am good. Tala said okay and went to help Obi-wan. 
1. If Obi-wan a jedi master is in trouble with Darth Vader and the Imperial forces what can she do?
2. Obi-wan asked her to help Leia to escape.
3. Leia is a  maybe 10 year old girl in a strange planet going to some ship that she don't know nothing about.

No way Tala would have decided to leave Leia and go to help Obi-wan.

So if in next episode I see someone eating a steak and he/she is using fork to cut the meat and the knife to eat. I will be just okay whatever and enjoy Obi-wan fighting Vader or probably Yoda will show up also and he is fighting Emperor..

Also this show don't really make any scene a epic so everything feels whatever.. so there is Darth Vader okay.. now he is fighting Obi-Wan okay..