• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021?)
7 7

1,711 posts in this topic

“Spider-Man: No Way Home” indicated Monday with a new Chinese poster that it could soon hit Chinese screens — which would make it the first Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase Four film to pass censorship and screening approvals so far. The film, set to debut only in theaters, hasn’t yet set a formal China release date.

The news comes as fellow Phase Four title “The Eternals,” from China-born director Chloe Zhao, kicks off its theatrical run in other territories but still has offered no indication that it will ever release in the world’s largest film market. At issue appears to be a since-deleted comment Zhao made in an interview to the U.S. film press nearly a decade ago which nationalist critics deemed offensive to China.

On 11/8/2021 at 3:01 PM, RickSp said:

This film is going to be huge. Massive star power and ultimate nostalgia to cater to every fan regardless of which iteration of Spidey they prefer. I can't wait.

The poster is not a bad effort but still lacks much imagination, a problem I find in most MCU poster styles.

I have to agree. Now with this China news and all the hinted appearances throughout this film this sounds like a live celebration of all things Spider-Man throughout the decades.

I think with the poster Sony has been trying to hide so much of the details. Though with all the leaks and actors talking somewhat openly about the story...

On 11/9/2021 at 7:10 AM, Bosco685 said:

Turns out John Campea was working with the studios to 'leak' BTS photos of Spider-Man: No Way Home. So as a good shill, when called out on it he responded in the most professional way he could.

Hide contents

JohnCampea_jerk1.thumb.jpg.f97220d2096c74f385fb04dfdacd946b.jpg

:whatthe:

Couldn't even spell "McDonald's" correctly. :facepalm:

On 11/9/2021 at 7:10 AM, Bosco685 said:

Turns out John Campea was working with the studios to 'leak' BTS photos of Spider-Man: No Way Home. So as a good shill, when called out on it he responded in the most professional way he could.

Reveal hidden contents

JohnCampea_jerk1.thumb.jpg.f97220d2096c74f385fb04dfdacd946b.jpg

:whatthe:

Screw this Jack Yonover troll loser. He seems to be a MCU hater troll. Screw MCU hater trolls. Also I think the tweets were from a tweet Campea tweeted proclaiming that Makkari runs circles around Flash and Quicksilver or something.

On 11/9/2021 at 9:27 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Screw this Jack Yonover troll loser. He seems to be a MCU hater troll. Screw MCU hater trolls. Also I think the tweets were from a tweet Campea tweeted proclaiming that Makkari runs circles around Flash and Quicksilver or something.

All that 'MCU ONLY' and 'DISNEY ONLY' hate burns folks up after a while. Better to being open to any productions that deserve appreciation.

Not sure what happened with John Campea after he left Collider Movie Talk. 

Boo_This_Man.gif.bb083120ea96469d45aa5fead4c18959.gif

When Total Film meets with Holland for the new issue of the magazine, which features Scream on the cover, we list off the massive cast – mentioning rumors that Maguire and Garfield may also appear alongside him – and ask whether, with all these actors on set, Holland felt any need to prove himself among them.

"Everyone puts their trousers on in the same way in the morning," he says. "It was interesting having those guys come in because they have a certain ownership over Spider-Man in their own way, and..." He pauses. Our Spidey-senses start tingling. "I’m talking about Alfred and Jamie and those guys. To see Alfred come in, and have to adapt and change to the way that the films are made, but also change director, and also [the fact that] I’m now Spider-Man. It was really interesting to see these actors adapt and change what they were doing to fit the modern era."

Was that a slip of the tongue? Holland clarifies: "People don’t believe me when I say that [Maguire and Garfield] are not coming back. But people are going to have to believe me at some point." He laughs. "It means a lot to me. The first time you see Doc and the rest of the characters that come back, it’s so exciting – and it’s such a huge moment in cinematic history. It’s three generations coming together."

I have now found out what the two pictures were that John Campea leaked.

If true (they are noted as straight from the studio), every fankid's dream is about to come true with a huge celebration of the Spider-Verse. Along with a certain other character folks have been clamoring for.

:1845314138_shiftyeyesemoji::1845314138_shiftyeyesemoji::1845314138_shiftyeyesemoji::1845314138_shiftyeyesemoji:

On 11/9/2021 at 1:54 PM, rexinnih said:

But, but....... the interweb says one of his next movies is.............:grin:

Andrew Garfield.jpg

There is a new emoji for that.. 

:butbutbutemoji:

On 11/10/2021 at 9:32 AM, Bosco685 said:

I have now found out what the two pictures were that John Campea leaked.

If true (they are noted as straight from the studio), every fankid's dream is about to come true with a huge celebration of the Spider-Verse. Along with a certain other character folks have been clamoring for.

:1845314138_shiftyeyesemoji::1845314138_shiftyeyesemoji::1845314138_shiftyeyesemoji::1845314138_shiftyeyesemoji:

MM?

On 11/9/2021 at 6:53 PM, Buzzetta said:

Oh I thought you saw them already.  He disputed the one where four people are sitting at a table as the top half of one of the people seem to be photoshopped at a table that has legs that appear... "off"... 

For those that have seen the pic... don't spoil it... for those that have not... don't hate the player... hate the game... 

Here it is... 

Hide contents

FDt21QlWUAEXM4u.thumb.jpg.37dc47521a4002c546f9a77c48c2d677.jpg

I did see both photos. I just would never post them so as to avoid someone mistakenly clicking the spoilers.

:foryou: