• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021?)
7 7

1,711 posts in this topic

On 8/24/2021 at 12:08 AM, Xenosmilus said:

hm I'm still upset about the origin of Venom in the movie.  For me they need a really good way to explain why Spidey didn't have the symbiote first.  That will always annoy me.

That's easy...he did. The symbiot species, long ago, encountered a multiverse Spider-Man and found it to be the ideal host but unfortunately was severed from him - but to this day still retains some 'memory' of this long lost union (so hence why it retains some visual aspects of the costume but also forgetting others, and the split was obviously traumatic for the symbiot who might have even killed that Spider-Man). Or you simply have it that each symbiot in the universe can sense adjacent multiverse symbiots (much like how Nebula had a connection with her alternate self) and can pass information between each other, so one of em got their Spider-Man and that experience cascaded into all other symbiots.

When this Venom meets up with our Spider-Man you can simply have him state "We...feel that we remember you...we feel as if we should hate you...we found you most delicious to eat!"

Done and done!

Edited by Sauce Dog

So it's probably just the way the trailer was cut, but I found it very interesting that Doc Ock says "Hello, Peter" to Tom Holland, a person he's supposedly never met.  It's only after this line that he suits up.  Again, probably "just" a misleading cut but it does look like the same scene.

Edited by MattTheDuck

I love the Ditko ASM annuals, and this feels like it will be a mash-up of the two in this movie.

In just watching the trailer, I would say: Dr. Strange - you are the MASTER of the mystic arts! Someone talking shouldn't affect your spell!
(but perhaps Pete's thoughts/input/feelings are what helps make the spell work?)

I fully believe we'll get a good look at the prior Spidey actors in this. What will be interesting is if they age them at all (or where we show up in their
respective timelines/universes - I mean what if Tobey Maguire is 60 years old?) and if they get Holland's Spidey up to speed on their own prior villains (Ock, Goblin, Lizard, Electro, etc.).
Holland's Spidey doesn't know anything about these guys.

ASM Annual 1-splash page-Ditko.jpg

ASM Annual 2-splash page-Ditko.jpg

On 8/24/2021 at 11:32 AM, MattTheDuck said:

So it's probably just the way the trailer was cut, but I found it very interesting that Doc Ock says "Hello, Peter" to Tom Holland, a person he's supposedly never met.  It's only after this line that he suits up.  Again, probably "just" a misleading cut but it does look like the same scene.

I was thinking the same thing. But then wrote it off as Doctor Strange's spell may now have blended together different elements into the Multiverse so in Doc Ock's mind he knows THIS Peter Parker.

Time will tell.

While fans are busy debating whether yesterday's Spider-Man: No Way Home trailer might have had quiet cameos from Daredevil's Charlie Cox and Sam Raimi Spider-Man villain Willem Dafoe, one other moment from the trailer has drawn some keen-eyed fans. It looks to some like The Lizard, first played by Rhys Ifans in The Amazing Spider-Man, might be showing up in the film, which is already confirmed to feature The Amazing Spider-Man 2 villain Electro (Jamie Foxx) and Spider-Man 2 baddie Doctor Octopus (Alfred Molina). In a moment from the trailer, Peter Parker is stalked by an unseen foe, who bounces off some kind of force field after trying to pounce on the wall-crawler.

On 8/24/2021 at 7:18 AM, Sauce Dog said:

That's easy...he did. The symbiot species, long ago, encountered a multiverse Spider-Man and found it to be the ideal host but unfortunately was severed from him - but to this day still retains some 'memory' of this long lost union (so hence why it retains some visual aspects of the costume but also forgetting others, and the split was obviously traumatic for the symbiot who might have even killed that Spider-Man). Or you simply have it that each symbiot in the universe can sense adjacent multiverse symbiots (much like how Nebula had a connection with her alternate self) and can pass information between each other, so one of em got their Spider-Man and that experience cascaded into all other symbiots.

When this Venom meets up with our Spider-Man you can simply have him state "We...feel that we remember you...we feel as if we should hate you...we found you most delicious to eat!"

Done and done!

I have a suggestion for another way to fix the Venom/Spider-Man love/hate relationship. In my mind it would take the end of this movie plus 2 more movies to let the story breathe.  "If" Venom was in this movie the symbiote could abandon Eddie and merge with Peter at the end of the movie. The following movie could deal with Peter realizing the symbiote is not good and eventually rejecting it. The symbiote finds Eddie as he's ready to off himself and bonds with him again. Eddie hates Peter for "stealing" the symbiote.  Basically the original story except Peter doesn't find the symbiote and it gives a different reason for Eddie to hate Spider-Man.