• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SHE-HULK show (TBD)
5 5

1,228 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2022 at 7:25 PM, Microchip said:

Basically we're all jaded as over either studio at this point.  No one can be relied on to produce quality material, irrespective of how much they spend on pre-release marketing.

For different reasons, but yes, agree with you here.

On 7/29/2022 at 5:07 AM, Bosco685 said:

It actually didn't.

A movie, as an estimate, has to do more than 2.5X to 2.8X its production budget. Eternals wrapped its box office run at 2.0X which means it bombed.

I saw an estimate that between Black Widow, Shang-Chi, Eternals, and Multiverse of Madness (Thor is to early to tell, but likely to make a small to modest profit), that Disney has actually lost about $100 million.  This means at this point Phase 4 has lost money as a whole. Again Spider-Man was a money maker for them, but was a Sony product and production, and they got about 25%. I am only talking about Disney only products.

Edited by drotto

On 7/28/2022 at 11:03 AM, drotto said:

The big part of the MCU till Endgame is it always felt like it was building to something.

It was--the only clearly marketable team Marvel had at the time.  What happened after that is the side movies started becoming so surprisingly popular that they've branched off into multiple characters/teams/stories just as the comics already have.

On 7/28/2022 at 11:03 AM, drotto said:

Since Endgame it feels like the MCU has lost all focus, and they are taking a throw it against the wall and see if it sticks approach.  I liked WondaVision (or at least the A plot).  Loki was ok, but fell off at the end.  I did not care for FaWS

All of the Disney Plus shows are just OK, but the one exception was the final episode of Loki.  That's the only thing from the shows I've watched more than once, and coincidentally I'm in the middle of a third viewing after we found that Kang is somewhat like the new Thanos over the next two phases.  I didn't know much about Kang before that show, but now I'm all in.  SO much potential in that character.

The next Avengers vs Thanos -type buildup I would expect to involve the X-Men.  There are a bunch of threads in the existing works that may (or may not) already be leading to their big reveal.  But I'm sure they'll still manage to ruin that for us crusty old guys by changing the name of the team.  :blush:

Edited by fantastic_four

On 8/6/2022 at 3:44 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

ps. CW shows way worst. just my opinion. 

Arrow Season 1 & 2, The Flash Season 1 & 2 and Supergirl Season 1 & 2 (first season was CBS) seemed quite good. Especially with the Reverse-Flash and Deathstroke the Terminator.

But once the CW was trying to cram seasons with max content, I think it jeapordized the quality of the shows severely. We don't need Disney+ 6-8 episodes nor CW 22-23 episodes. The 10-episode seasons seem to provide just enough to keep viewers hungry when done right.

1. Harley Quinn  - not seen
  2. Stargirl - 4/10 didn't like
  3. Doom Patrol - 7.5 / 10 Quirky and offbeat
  4. Swamp Thing - 5/10 - yeah didn't work for me - more into Constantine (also a crime it was binned off)
  5. Superman & Lois - Didn't see - why was it good?
  6. Pennyworth - 7 / 10 (would have got more but why,why,why the silly AC plot??)
  7. Young Justice  - didn't see
  8. Peacemaker - 10/10 Nailed it!
  9. Lucifer - 7/10 - got quite repetitive real quick
  10. Titans - 7/10 not bad - episodes fluctuated in quality - Superboy was a bust, Raven was good. Dick was just too wishy-washy.Needed to have more adult content.
  11. HBO's Watchmen - 10/10 Unmissable TV

Big thumbs up to Black Lighting - especially as it was PG rated. Turn off your brain and enjoy. Great music too 8/10

A big 0/10 to Preacher, DMZ and      -1 / 10  for Y-The Last Man

Give R rated comics that offend everyone, the appropriate rating to be told as written - or don't bother.

On 8/6/2022 at 7:07 PM, Beige said:
  1. Harley Quinn  - not seen 8/10
  2. Stargirl - 4/10 didn't like did not watch
  3. Doom Patrol - 7.5 / 10 Quirky and offbeat 7/10
  4. Swamp Thing - 5/10 - yeah didn't work for me - more into Constantine (also a crime it was binned off) not watched
  5. Superman & Lois - Didn't see - why was it good? 9/10
  6. Pennyworth - 7 / 10 (would have got more but why,why,why the silly AC plot??) not watched
  7. Young Justice  - didn't see not watched
  8. Peacemaker - 10/10 Nailed it! watching
  9. Lucifer - 7/10 - got quite repetitive real quick not watched
  10. Titans - 7/10 not bad - episodes fluctuated in quality - Superboy was a bust, Raven was good. Dick was just too wishy-washy.Needed to have more adult content. not watched
  11. HBO's Watchmen - 10/10 Unmissable TV 2/10, for me it just did not fit with the original at all. Could not get through it

Big thumbs up to Black Lighting - especially as it was PG rated. Turn off your brain and enjoy. Great music too 8/10

A big 0/10 to Preacher, DMZ and      -1 / 10  for Y-The Last Man

Give R rated comics that offend everyone, the appropriate rating to be told as written - or don't bother.

My rating in bold for what it is worth.

On 8/6/2022 at 12:29 PM, Bosco685 said:

FZfYWNBXkAI-7yM.thumb.jpg.3d621ab7a070f4d74d72c42f0b778dea.jpg

Love this!

Also goes along with what I’m thinking…. She-Hulk takes place during the Blip.

And Daredevil was a hero who emerged to fill in the gaps when so many others were gone.  That’s why, during She-Hulk, we’d be seeing the yellow & red early version of his costume.

So my guess is by Echo we’ll see him go full “Red”

Blip times might also allow them to reintroduce Punisher, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage when they’re ready.

Just a guess based on a screen shot. LOL. Obviously could be wildly wrong but it FEELS feasible!

On 8/6/2022 at 5:24 PM, Bosco685 said:

Arrow Season 1 & 2, The Flash Season 1 & 2 and Supergirl Season 1 & 2 (first season was CBS) seemed quite good. Especially with the Reverse-Flash and Deathstroke the Terminator.

But once the CW was trying to cram seasons with max content, I think it jeapordized the quality of the shows severely. We don't need Disney+ 6-8 episodes nor CW 22-23 episodes. The 10-episode seasons seem to provide just enough to keep viewers hungry when done right.

good points Bosco685. I am just probably  not  the age they targeting CW. I did like Arrow and Black Lightning.
20 to 25 years ago I loved CW. WATCHED this. reflated to this CW SHOW because I was young.

On 8/11/2022 at 1:13 PM, Bosco685 said:

It is. Disney has to sell toys and other merchandise. Be sensitive to its needs please.

:nyah:

Yet another argument for practical makeup and effects and not all CGI.  Look how good the creatures look in the Orville.