• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SHE-HULK show (TBD)
5 5

1,228 posts in this topic

On 7/27/2022 at 7:14 PM, Beastfeast said:

It's like a minefield of sussing out who hates these things in good faith, who has decent or bad taste, who's a boomer bigot, and who's some combo of the others.  

I want to make a meaningful reply but I've just watched Ricky Gervais and will probably get myself banned

On 7/24/2022 at 10:44 AM, Beige said:

The CGI is still garbage.

It's still not funny.

More 'breaking the 4th wall' mess

This could be the worst of phase 4 right here.

Just looks horrible.

Generally the trailer's are a few teaser highlights thrown together.   The trailer has roughly the same amount of impact as an episode of Sesame Street.   I'm going with a solid 5/10 from the get go, which is higher than Doctor Strange, win for She-Hulk (thumbsu

On 7/27/2022 at 8:14 PM, Beastfeast said:

It's like a minefield of sussing out who hates these things in good faith, who has decent or bad taste, who's a boomer bigot, and who's some combo of the others.  

All of the above 

what Disney/Marvel are doing is the same thing they did for years,liberties they’ve taken with every property, storyline etc 

On 7/28/2022 at 11:39 AM, Microchip said:

Generally the trailer's are a few teaser highlights thrown together.   The trailer has roughly the same amount of impact as an episode of Sesame Street.   I'm going with a solid 5/10 from the get go, which is higher than Doctor Strange, win for She-Hulk (thumbsu

Don't get me wrong - I'd like it to be good - it just doesn't draw me in to watch it.

It's a personal thing I guess - I liked WandaVision and Loki - didn't like DS2

I liked all the 8 seasons of Shield - Cap #1 and Iron Man #2 bored me to tears

Didn't like 'What If', Runaways or Hawk and Dove - but liked Ragnarok.

Just starting Ms Marvel - which is a lot better than I thought it would be - an enjoyable watch.

Just because the trailer sucks, doesn't mean the show will - but in this case...........

On 7/28/2022 at 1:14 PM, Beige said:

Don't get me wrong - I'd like it to be good - it just doesn't draw me in to watch it.

It's a personal thing I guess - I liked WandaVision and Loki - didn't like DS2

I liked all the 8 seasons of Shield - Cap #1 and Iron Man #2 bored me to tears

Didn't like 'What If', Runaways or Hawk and Dove - but liked Ragnarok.

Just starting Ms Marvel - which is a lot better than I thought it would be - an enjoyable watch.

Just because the trailer sucks, doesn't mean the show will - but in this case...........

There have been some great highlights in the MCU moviedom, but the track record of late has been consistently downhill, and this 80% lack-lustre CGI trailer isn't giving any of us hope, that the trend is about to do a u-turn.     

The big hope is that James Gun isn't hamstrung for the next GoTG movie.   Thats they only hope I see coming for the MCU.

DC are winning across the board in their movie offerings, and there's zero indication to doubt the next lot of movies from them.    If anything, they've clearly demonstrated that they can learn from their mistakes.    The MCU has fallen on their sword, and then have taken to twisting the blade, instead of trying to pull it out.

On 7/28/2022 at 2:02 AM, Microchip said:

DC are winning across the board in their movie offerings, and there's zero indication to doubt the next lot of movies from them.    If anything, they've clearly demonstrated that they can learn from their mistakes.

I can't agree with you here. While some movies like Black Adam and Shazam 2 look promising, we the fans still have no clear indicator of what direction WBD is heading. No Superman, Batfleck is out, The Flash actor is a mess, no Cyborg, basically no Justice League at all.

The DC movie trailers definitely look better, but that doesn't inspire any hope that there's consistency in the future.

On 7/28/2022 at 2:02 AM, Microchip said:

There have been some great highlights in the MCU moviedom, but the track record of late has been consistently downhill, and this 80% lack-lustre CGI trailer isn't giving any of us hope, that the trend is about to do a u-turn.     

The big hope is that James Gun isn't hamstrung for the next GoTG movie.   Thats they only hope I see coming for the MCU.

DC are winning across the board in their movie offerings, and there's zero indication to doubt the next lot of movies from them.    If anything, they've clearly demonstrated that they can learn from their mistakes.    The MCU has fallen on their sword, and then have taken to twisting the blade, instead of trying to pull it out.

The big part of the MCU till Endgame is it always felt like it was building to something.  Even when a movie was week or even not good, it still had a place in the narrative, so it received a little bit of a pass.  Since Endgame it feels like the MCU has lost all focus, and they are taking a throw it against the wall and see if it sticks approach.  I liked WondaVision (or at least the A plot).  Loki was ok, but fell off at the end.  I did not care for FaWS. Shang-Chi was OK. BW's final act was garbage. MoM felt like a giant wasted opportunity, and ruined one of my favorite characters.  I watched the trailers and heard the reviews for Eternals and decided to skip it, which is the first Marvel movie I have skipped in 14 years. Spider-Man was amazingly (but that was Sony).

I am realty trying to like wat the MCU is doing now, but from my perspective the quality has gone down.  I have not watched the last 3 D+ series, because I just do not care.  I really think my loss of interest stems from the last 4 movies being sub par or outright bad, and that is supposed to be the event backbone of the MCU.

On 7/28/2022 at 2:59 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I can't agree with you here. While some movies like Black Adam and Shazam 2 look promising, we the fans still have no clear indicator of what direction WBD is heading. No Superman, Batfleck is out, The Flash actor is a mess, no Cyborg, basically no Justice League at all.

The DC movie trailers definitely look better, but that doesn't inspire any hope that there's consistency in the future.

Have to concur with Capra. I have almost no faith in anything outside of Black Adam, and that's because I am extremely partial to the character and basically anything Dwayne Johnson touches turns to gold. I can't remember many of his flops and considering it took him years to get this project off the ground, I can't see him letting this flop. 

Even the worst MCU offering (ie. Eternals) still made some money. On the other hand, DC seems to have no clue what they're doing. Besides their Adam, their next big movie is Flash.... and they may have to recast the guy after one movie. Unbelievable. 

On 7/29/2022 at 9:18 AM, Lpgk said:
On 7/28/2022 at 10:59 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Have to concur with Capra. I have almost no faith in anything outside of Black Adam, and that's because I am extremely partial to the character and basically anything Dwayne Johnson touches turns to gold. I can't remember many of his flops and considering it took him years to get this project off the ground, I can't see him letting this flop. 

Even the worst MCU offering (ie. Eternals) still made some money. On the other hand, DC seems to have no clue what they're doing. Besides their Adam, their next big movie is Flash.... and they may have to recast the guy after one movie. Unbelievable. 

Basically we're all jaded as over either studio at this point.  No one can be relied on to produce quality material, irrespective of how much they spend on pre-release marketing.

I did notice the TV series Harley Quinn is climbing up the rankings quickly lately.   I'm not sure is it's a case of everyone else has dropped the ball, or if it's actually really good.

On 7/28/2022 at 7:25 PM, Microchip said:

Basically we're all jaded as over either studio at this point.  No one can be relied on to produce quality material, irrespective of how much they spend on pre-release marketing.

I did notice the TV series Harley Quinn is climbing up the rankings quickly lately.   I'm not sure is it's a case of everyone else has dropped the ball, or if it's actually really good.

The problem, for me, truly hit home when movies and TV went from be creative endeavors meant to entertain, and even educate to being referred to simply as content.  The very word devalues what entertain is and what it can be. It also should educate us what companies truly think of us, the fans.  We are no longer a group that needs to be pleased and cultivated, we just merely exist to consume regardless of the quality. As long as we keep giving them money, all else be damned. 

I have not watched season 3 of HQ yet, but the first two seasons were great.

On 7/28/2022 at 7:18 PM, Lpgk said:

Even the worst MCU offering (ie. Eternals) still made some money.

It actually didn't.

A movie, as an estimate, has to do more than 2.5X to 2.8X its production budget. Eternals wrapped its box office run at 2.0X which means it bombed.

On 7/28/2022 at 7:25 PM, Microchip said:

It is VERY good. As are other shows.

1. Harley Quinn TAS
  2. Stargirl
  3. Doom Patrol
  4. Swamp Thing (creative crime this was cancelled)
  5. Superman & Lois
  6. Pennyworth
  7. Young Justice TAS
  8. Peacemaker
  9. Lucifer
  10. Titans
  11. HBO's Watchmen (one of the best CB shows)

It's crazy how WarnerMedia allowed traditional studio execs to disrupt its movie planning. Yet with the shows you will experience these more solid performers.

And even with the pending shows it will be interesting what we experience with Sandman, Black Canary, Penguin, Catwoman, Green Lantern Corps (if this ever moves forward) and Arkham.

Whomever that DC Studios head is going to be, they have lot of work ahead. And a big hill to climb.

Edited by Bosco685