• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SHE-HULK show (TBD)
5 5

1,228 posts in this topic

On 8/11/2022 at 12:14 PM, drotto said:

She looks decent in this, much better then your previous post. The campaign just comes across as really corny.  Like a bad comedy from the 1980's.

It's supposed to be a legal comedy, probably based loosely on Byrne's run. She Hulk has never been a serious character. I don't know why people want this show to be something it's not. Not every Disney show is a straight up action comic film. 

On 8/12/2022 at 3:26 AM, Lpgk said:

It's supposed to be a legal comedy, probably based loosely on Byrne's run. She Hulk has never been a serious character. I don't know why people want this show to be something it's not. Not every Disney show is a straight up action comic film. 

Being different and being after Byrne's run is not the issue. She hulk being a light hearted character is not the issues.

This feels low budget and low effort. Both of which are something that the MCU should not feel like. Furthermore, the MCU has become all about the silly comedy lately, in that respect this feel very much like more of the same. It does not feel different, it just feels amped up on the comedy and pulled back on the action, which feels very Disney + MCU.  Very similar to Thor 4 basically taking Ragnarök and dialing it to 12. 

well I'm going into this with an open mind. I saw a few trailers and a couple TV spots. Maybe pass judgement after seeing an episode or two. I tried like hell to like Y The Last Man and gave up one episode before the end. 

On 8/12/2022 at 8:20 PM, D84 said:

This clip killed any chance of me watching this :censored:.

You did not like the new character of Captian Virgin that was apparently on the Avengers. Plus, the accident was basically avoidable as filmed, and her fault (yes, the sudden spaceship appearance, but she clearly could have stopped in time if her eyes were actually on the road).

In all honesty,  this clip did nothing to convince me either way.  It was just basically there.

On 8/13/2022 at 2:29 PM, Artboy99 said:

I just do not think sexuality should be in a show or movie from Marvel/Disney. I don't care to know if Steve Roger's is a virgin, or that Obi-Wan Kenobi is bi-sexual or that Joan of Ark is non-binary. Enough.

Counterpoint: The casual sex thing - and comedic sex between superheroes - was really well done in Jessica Jones (Season 1).

And it was faithful to the comic, too.

IIRC correctly, Alias # 1 caused a stir when it was first released because the opening pages featured her having just had casual sex with Luke Cage.

This was the first appearance of the character, and she was immediately tied to an existing Marvel superhero. 

On 8/13/2022 at 11:29 AM, Artboy99 said:

comedy is a difficult genre to create in my opinion because what one person thinks is funny is not funny to the next person.

I personally do not see the humor in any of the following with regards to the She-Hulk super-hero TV show:

-Steve Rogers virginity discussion

-using a dating app to connect with random dates and then to hook-up for casual sex

-group of very diverse people commenting on the shape of She-Hulk's butt

None of that makes me laugh because it isn't funny, it is a Sex and the City episode and that is where it should stay. I just do not think sexuality should be in a show or movie from Marvel/Disney. I don't care to know if Steve Roger's is a virgin, or that Obi-Wan Kenobi is bi-sexual or that Joan of Ark is non-binary. Enough.

Honestly, that conversation about Rogers was pretty cringey.  It's been handled more subtly in other movies, but her focused interest in the subject is a little weird.  Certainly doesn't add to her likeability as a character.

On 8/15/2022 at 5:10 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Honestly, that conversation about Rogers was pretty cringey.  It's been handled more subtly in other movies, but her focused interest in the subject is a little weird.  Certainly doesn't add to her likeability as a character.

But..but... the trailer said "you'll like her!"

😯

I take Grace Randolph with caution at times, but find her takes sometimes interesting.  

Her first review is personally she likes the show, but she thinks a lot of people are not going to like it. One of those almost backhanded positive reviews.  Basically quoting her..

1. It is not going to be for everyone. It is going to be a divisive show similar to Thor 4. 

2. It is messy and the quality is questionable at times

3. It is insulting fairly consistently to what is generally the core MCU demographic.

4. Hero stuff is the B storyline.

5. Marvel needs to slow down.

6. The show could have a hard time finding an audience. 

There is more then just those. 

Edited by drotto

On 8/16/2022 at 8:03 AM, drotto said:

Her first review is personally she likes the show, but she thinks a lot of people are not going to like it.

Grace Randolph is - herself - cringe, so it comes as no surprise to me that she would like something that embodies a part of her.

On 8/16/2022 at 7:28 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Grace Randolph is - herself - cringe, so it comes as no surprise to me that she would like something that embodies a part of her.

her voice is like listening to nails on a chalkboard.

Edited by Artboy99

On 8/15/2022 at 4:10 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Young woman fawning over a celbrities sex life. I'm sure that doesn't happen in real life. 

On 8/16/2022 at 10:16 AM, Artboy99 said:

She at least touches on several things that I think are important:

That "super-heroing" is not the focus of the show which is a huge mistake.

that the show is strongly "anti-men" which is also a mistake because in my opinion men are tired of that.

The MCU chasing an audience that may not materialize while potentially alienating the core audience. Sounds like a solid strategy.