• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in your Collection - Moderns ONLY
20 20

1,968 posts in this topic

Super excited about these coming in today! Like we've all said a zillion times I'm sure, I wish I would have ordered more early on...

20220319_162235.jpg

20220319_163324.jpg

Edited by CHASEnBLUE
Added a photo of the back of one.

On 3/24/2022 at 9:23 PM, followtheleader said:

Great score, for real. 

This series isn't easy to find.  

Patrick

Thank you. I was extremely happy to have found the full run and it all looks to be in such good condition.  :cloud9:

On 3/24/2022 at 4:38 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Picked up a full run of Alan Moore's

Promethea for about $2 each.

20220324_145808.jpg

20220324_145827.jpg

20220324_145846.jpg

20220324_145915.jpg

20220324_145934.jpg

20220324_145953.jpg

20220324_150008.jpg

20220324_150026.jpg

Wow, that's crazy. Was this from a LCS or a private owner or some weird place that wouldn't have been expected to have these in the first place? Condition looks pretty good eyeballing those pics; 32 has what looks like a NCB crease at bottom-left that would almost certainly press out. FMV-wise, the final issue is of course the real winner, but frankly the whole run is harder to find than a lot of people would expect.

It's also pretty awesome.

On 3/24/2022 at 11:22 PM, Qalyar said:

Wow, that's crazy. Was this from a LCS or a private owner or some weird place that wouldn't have been expected to have these in the first place? Condition looks pretty good eyeballing those pics; 32 has what looks like a NCB crease at bottom-left that would almost certainly press out. FMV-wise, the final issue is of course the real winner, but frankly the whole run is harder to find than a lot of people would expect.

Yeah it was crazy. It was a local store that gets comics in sometimes, but mostly sells cards and games. The first and last issue were in one box, but as I went through more I  found the rest of the whole run. There are a couple that are VF , but a lot of these are NM  and several that as you suggested if pressed would be 9.4+ . 

I have had many trips to this store that netted nothing, but have had several times that were just awesome.  My last big hit there was half a run of groo a lot of which had MJI and about 20 Conan that also had MJI  when I found those I took extra time really digging and ended up with 4 MJI that were spectacular.  One I sold to a board member here who has been looking for that issue in VF/NM for years.  Those 4 were easy 9.4+ ( I always hold reservations about calling any 9.8) 

Still was definitely pleasantly surprised with this one.

On 3/24/2022 at 10:22 PM, Qalyar said:

32 is definitely a solid find. 

Frankly, the late 20s thru 32 are not easy to find.  

27 is a tough one too.  The Superman vs Spider-man homage cover.

Patrick