• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's Phase 5 rumors
1 1

501 posts in this topic

On 7/15/2023 at 1:41 PM, rjrjr said:

As a Disney stock holder (which I acquired from my purchase of Marvel stock many years ago), I have faith Eiger will fix things. Everything he announced this week are encouraging. 

Scaling back the output from Marvel and Lucasfilm is a step in the right direction.

I feel for the Hollywood writers. They are striking at the worst time with box office disappointment after box office disappointment. I won’t be surprised if this strike goes for a few months.

It will be interesting to see the Marvel roadmap in 6 months.

Seen speculation that the D+ specials like rhe Gardians Christmas one, are likely done.  The shows are the next most likely to get cut back or eliminated.  Streaming services are having massive difficulties quantifying how much these shows make companies so it seems lime a likely place to cut costs.

The studios have already suggested they are going to hold out till most of the writers go broke.  So it seems like they are really playing to win. Also means this is going to drag on.

The Marvel 5 and 6 roadmap is basically toilet paper at this point.

On 7/18/2023 at 11:23 PM, kimik said:

That might have made Ant-Man 3 a better film............

Green screens still can't fix a bad screenplay.

On 7/19/2023 at 10:33 AM, Dr. Balls said:
On 7/18/2023 at 11:23 PM, kimik said:

That might have made Ant-Man 3 a better film............

Green screens still can't fix a bad screenplay.

Or a bad cast.

However, it would have been more interesting to see them dangling from cables and moving around while we waited to see if one detached or they fell off of a real prop. Sort of like NASCAR watching just for the crashes.

Talks to the differences between comic book Marvel and the MCU, and how the latter went soft on the actual comic book stories. Including the general audience Thanos versus the hardcore villain of the comic books.

On 8/17/2023 at 5:17 PM, Bosco685 said:

I only partially buy this argument that the rate of production is the primary issue.  Yes, it effects CGI tremendously, it may effect some of the production values also. It does not effect the quality of writing.  These shows and movies are written by a vast number of writers, generally broken into writing teams for each show, it is not one team for everything. Therefor, time should not be an issue.  It is bad writing, bad or poorly selected writers (mismatch for project), and a lack of oversight from above leading to cohesion issues.

Nothing will fix this if Disney does not start firing writers. Trimming down on team size to allow for a more focused vision. Most critically  hiring people who know and care about the IP. More time may fix CGI and production, but not the writing.

On 8/17/2023 at 2:38 PM, drotto said:

I only partially buy this argument that the rate of production is the primary issue.  Yes, it effects CGI tremendously, it may effect some of the production values also. It does not effect the quality of writing.  These shows and movies are written by a vast number of writers, generally broken into writing teams for each show, it is not one team for everything. Therefor, time should not be an issue.  It is bad writing, bad or poorly selected writers (mismatch for project), and a lack of oversight from above leading to cohesion issues.

Nothing will fix this if Disney does not start firing writers. Trimming down on team size to allow for a more focused vision. Most critically  hiring people who know and care about the IP. More time may fix CGI and production, but not the writing.

made it three minutes then realized, i don't care

Edited by paperheart

‘Echo’: ‘Hawkeye’ Spinoff Series To Debut Under New Marvel Spotlight Banner That Focuses On Less MCU Continuity

When Echo hits Disney+ on Jan. 10, 2024 it will premiere under the new Marvel Spotlight banner complete with a new intro-logo, scored by Oscar winning composer Michael Giacchino. Essentially, the new sub-category of Marvel is a branding for standalone fare, versus series and movies that connect to the greater Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Per Marvel.com, Marvel Studios’ Head of Streaming Brad Winderbaum at the screening said, “Marvel Spotlight gives us a platform to bring more grounded, character-driven stories to the screen, and in the case of Echo, focusing on street-level stakes over larger MCU continuity.”