• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

History making Hitler checklist
7 7

314 posts in this topic

If you're counting photos, Arrow #3 has a photo of hitler on the cover.

Here's my copy. Definitely Hitler.

thearrow3.jpg

My link broke as I reorganized my photobucket scans. Here's the book for thread posterity:

arrow3.jpg

Groovy, that worked. Thanks.

Welcome to the boards! hi.gif

That's a cool book and we'll be definitely looking forward to more posts!

Some folks also use Photobucket to post. Here's a link to a very nice set of instructions.

Posting with Photobucket

West, if you're going to count Thrilling #45 and More Fun #75 with their framed pictures of Hitler, then don't forget America's Best #8, with the small Hitler image in the bottom right corner. This may be the most inconspicuous Hitler cover...

americasbest8.jpg

FYI, the image for Catman #13 in the links is actually for #24 (aka Vol 2 (or 3 - I don't remember which) #13), which is a Japanese war cover but not a Hitler cover (unless there's a picture of him somewhere on the cover that I didn't see). Because of the crazy numbering #24 is often mistaken for #13.

Wow. You guiys are thorough. I thought I had just about all the Hitler covers, but you've shown me some I never heard of.

For me, the Hitler war covers are right up there with the Action war covers and some of the Timely's for capturing the time. If you had all the Hitler covers you would have a representative sampling of just about all the major heroes of the early golden age and most of the minor ones, too.

Missing is Daredevil Comics #18 (Hitler, Tojo, Mussolini & Mickey Mouse cover)

Perhaps as inconspicuous as America's Best #8. Look closely, Hitler is being hit by the ball... thumbsup2.gif

263580437_3adb346b6e_b.jpg

GE

Holy copyright infringement!

I can't think of any similar examples like that until Gaines did his parodies -- and got sued for it.

This is not a Hitler cover, nor even a GA book, but I wanted to post it in at least a related location where I know collectors would appreciate the significance.

I picked this up today from Al Stolz of Basement Comics. A 1969 spanish language comic book about Israel's capture and execution of Adolf Eichhman.

Anyone ever seen it before?

Eichmann.jpg

This is not a Hitler cover, nor even a GA book, but I wanted to post it in at least a related location where I know collectors would appreciate the significance.

I picked this up today from Al Stolz of Basement Comics. A 1969 spanish language comic book about Israel's capture and execution of Adolf Eichhman.

Eichmann.jpg

Very cool - and totally appropriate for this thread. It has me wondering if there are many foreign Hitler covers out there -

especially Canadian Whites - as they were actually being published during WW2.

Eichmann.jpg

I'd love to see some inside pages of this. Does Elie Wiesel get the full hero treatment?

Eichmann.jpg

I'd love to see some inside pages of this. Does Elie Wiesel get the full hero treatment?

I don't know Spanish, but my wife is fluent and our au pair is from South Amerrica. I'll have them translate for me and see if I can post any intriguing pages.

I don't know Spanish, but my wife is fluent and our au pair is from South Amerrica. I'll have them translate for me and see if I can post any intriguing pages.

mark, please don't get in trouble with the au pair with the double entendre thread.

Updated list....

All Winners Comics #6

America's Best Comics #7, 8

All Star Comics #24

Arrow #3

Batman #18

Big Shot Comics # 25, 28, 32, 43, 46, 57

Blue Beetle #32, 34

Blue Bolt 4/1

Blue Circle #3

Bomber Comics #2, 4

Boy Comics 4, 7

Boy Commandos #2

Captain America #1, 2, 36

Captain Marvel Adventures #21

Captain Marvel Jr. #10, 13

Catman #3, 13, 16, 19, 20

Champ Comics #24

Comedy Comics #20, 22

Daredevil Battles Hitler (#1)

Daredevil Comics #18

Famous Funnies #102

Fantastic Comics # 21, 22

Four Favorites #1, 11

Four Most V2#4

Great Comics #3

Green Hornet Comics #13

Headline Comics #8

Jackpot Comics #5

Joe Palooka #2

Jolly Jingles #12

Krazy Komics #9

Marvel Mystery Comics #37, 46, 63, 64

Master Comics #13, 29

Miss Fury #3, 4

More Fun Comics #75

Mystic Comics # 7, 9

Mystery Men #27

National Comics #12, 38, 39

Power Comics #2

Prize Comics #37

Real Life Comics #3

Sensation Comics #13

Shield-Wizard #8

Silver Streak #16, 21

Sparky Watts #1

Speed Comics #24, 31

Spy Smasher # 9, 10

Startling Comics #12

Super Duck #1

Superman #17

Super Rabbit #1

Supersnipe Comics #8, 9

Target Comics V3#8

Terry-Toons #7

Thrilling Comics #41, 44, 45

T-Man #6, 34

Uncle Sam #5, 7

USA Comics #2, 5, 9

Weird Comics #20

Wonder Comics #1

Wonderworld Comics #32

World's Finest Comics #9

Young Allies #1, 9

Zip Comics #20, 26

West

This may, and in fact is likely, answered somewhere above, but to save me time from reading through ALL the posts, can someone tell me which was:

(1) the FIRST comic book to feature Hitler on its cover?

(2) the FIRST comic book to feature Hitler or nazis in a story?

(3) the FIRST comic book to feature the Japanese (as enemies/aggressors) on its cover?

Thanks!