• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

3,038 posts in this topic

On 9/21/2023 at 4:57 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Now was the time to buy, or I hope it was a comfortable price!

Compared to my $550 for direct 9,4 like last year bbwhahahah  :roflmao:

Hide contents

Glad you got it though, and it's even been subbed as the label of edition and such. I've submitted a few that was before the notation, that I don't think it is being snubbed at the moment,  but will eventually? Idk

rantrantlol

Cool though, congrats!

Thanks! Yeah, I really like that they are notating Newsstands now. I'm not a big newsstand seeker, but it's still cool that CGC is recognizing it on the label. Actually got lucky on this one and found it raw--not cheap but definitely a good price considering what they can go for slabbed.

On 9/21/2023 at 3:22 PM, Nsschenks said:

Pretty excited about this one

BB1NS-1.jpg

Just be prepared...

You submitted this, and I can't thank you enough for the cert number....

Yours says the issue date is 3/99

Well so did mine and I had it in the registry but it got taken out and so did others that say issue date 3/99. Now evidently that cert doesn't fit the registry slot.... the only ones not deleted were issue date 11/99. So I have no idea. Started a thread about it, but looks like I may be posting only to say thanks for a recent graded example, as I'm not sure you participate in the registry? And it's a Newsstand so regardless they'd have to make a new slot for it 😂😆

Screenshot_20230923-172619.png

Screenshot_20230923-172405.png

On 9/23/2023 at 6:29 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Just be prepared...

You submitted this, and I can't thank you enough for the cert number....

Yours says the issue date is 3/99

Well so did mine and I had it in the registry but it got taken out and so did others that say issue date 3/99. Now evidently that cert doesn't fit the registry slot.... the only ones not deleted were issue date 11/99. So I have no idea. Started a thread about it, but looks like I may be posting only to say thanks for a recent graded example, as I'm not sure you participate in the registry? And it's a Newsstand so regardless they'd have to make a new slot for it 😂😆

Screenshot_20230923-172619.png

Screenshot_20230923-172405.png

I'm not on the registry, but thanks for the heads up! Maybe I'll join--been toying with the idea of going for the 9.8 newsstand set...have a #5 in quite good condition so if that gets 9.8 we'll see! Feel like the #2-6 will be even tougher than #1 though.

On 9/26/2023 at 8:59 PM, Nsschenks said:

I'm not on the registry, but thanks for the heads up! Maybe I'll join--been toying with the idea of going for the 9.8 newsstand set...have a #5 in quite good condition so if that gets 9.8 we'll see! Feel like the #2-6 will be even tougher than #1 though.

Tbh they're adding new cert registry slots now for newsstands that steams people's corn, but to have a complete set would demand the directs as well. You might have a leg up in the competition though.

To be short, it quickly got resolved why my book was dropped, and it is readded now. :)

Turns out there was a limited series in 1999 a long with a first ongoing, to my understanding, and my set was for the ongoing and I needed to readjust to add it all in the 6 issue limited.

Didn't mean to cross forums like that, but a heads up is all the same I hope!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/21/2023 at 1:37 AM, littledoom said:

Nice GR Silvestri newsstand! 1st appearance!

Thanks, I only wish the variant cover was in newsstand, as that features the character on the cover. It’s been on my list for several years and I’ve forgotten the characters name. It’s the Tibetan GR if I remember correctly. 

The Gen13 book is the first appearance of The Planetary characters. It’s an original story that only appears in this issue and C-23 #6, not including the collected editions. Which is one of my all time favorite series. 

Edited by Corona smith

Fantastic Four #541 (November 2006) and Fantastic Four Volume 4 #13 (December 2013). #13 was the last Fantastic Four comic distributed via newsstand. The only later issue was spinoff FF Volume 2 #13 which came out a week later.

IMG_4667.thumb.jpg.09784336670becba0d77bf0111cfa258.jpg

Edited by Mr. Spider-Woman

On 10/30/2023 at 12:24 PM, Ant-Man said:

IMG_0089.thumb.jpeg.829c6fb7e39ac50d36421da93d37d0cc.jpeg

Superman #123 - nice! That book takes me back to my first job as an intern at a health insurance company. I think I had it, a Tiger Woods Sports Illustrated, and an Independence Day toy on my desk. :preach:

Edited by valiantman