• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

3,015 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Corona smith said:

29CD8D5D-AAFB-4EDA-B6EB-E93C97E90C8B.jpeg

Are these strictly for your PC or do you ever sell these? Do you know what's the grade where you feel like you get more out of getting the book graded versus leaving it raw? 9.0? Lots of these late newsstand issues have no sold data on Ebay for graded copies. At least from what I've seen looking around at non-key late ASM newsstands. I do have multiple VF/NM copies of a few late newsstand issues (the cosmic Carnage issues) and I figure I'll get them pressed and graded but I'm not sure how to price whichever one grades lower hm

And then where do you draw the line between late newsstands like those and 2010s newsstands like this one? hm

Mostly for the PC but if a book pops I have no issues selling them usually for huge profits. I generally don’t like anything below VF+ 8.5. I actively go after anything 2000 or later, especially Marvels. 

I have kept a pickup and sales thread with prices over at https://forum.comicsheatingup.net/t/todd-s-pickups-and-sales-thread/1316/10

A majority of my pickups are modern newsstands. There’s also a shortish newsstand sales chart at https://earlyretirementdiary.com/comic-sales-figures/

its only 6 months of sales but it’s interesting to see the premium attached to “key” late modern newsstands. 

Edited by Corona smith

1 hour ago, Corona smith said:

Mostly for the PC but if a book pops I have no issues selling them usually for huge profits. I generally don’t like anything below VF+ 8.5. I actively go after anything 2000 or later, especially Marvels. 

I have kept a pickup and sales thread with prices over at https://forum.comicsheatingup.net/t/todd-s-pickups-and-sales-thread/1316/10

A majority of my pickups are modern newsstands. There’s also a shortish newsstand sales chart at https://earlyretirementdiary.com/comic-sales-figures/

its only 6 months of sales but it’s interesting to see the premium attached to “key” late modern newsstands. 

What I want to know is how this happened,  I too bid on the #2 and was the high bid till the last seconds.

I bid $206 and here is the finish, yet I'd have outbid with $206 the final hammer price on #1

But I already own a #1. In 9.4 lol

Screenshot_20210531-200644_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210531-202803_eBay.jpg

34 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

What I want to know is how this happened,  I too bid on the #2 and was the high bid till the last seconds.

I bid $206 and here is the finish, yet I'd have outbid with $206 the final hammer price on #1

But I already own a #1. In 9.4 lol

Screenshot_20210531-200644_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210531-202803_eBay.jpg

Bidding frenzy!

Good thing you own one. 

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Misread. Fixed.

Just now, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Not sure on that one.  If it took your bid of $206 you should have won. Did you wait a minute and try reloading?  Sometimes it says I have been out bid , but after  few minutes it catches up and updates that I did indeed win.

That said I have had times where a seller has canceled a bid or where ebay didn't load or take the bid. Good thing you already have one or that would be frustrating.  

Your not understanding 

I bid $206 on #2 and got way outbid

#1 sold for less than my bid on #2, and is the more important Newsstand book

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Your not understanding 

I bid $206 on #2 and got way outbid

#1 sold for less than my bid on #2, and is the more important Newsstand book

I saw that and went back and edited it. 

Little expensive for the condition FN+/VF- or so... but I want to finish this run and don't have any copy of this issue so

107728074_NnGjd9g-Imgur.thumb.jpg.0135669c46a36cb1c79770778549894b.jpg

Let me also take a second to STAN for Ebay... I just picked up a lot of 20+ late Amazing Spider-Man newsies for about $4 an issue shipped. I'll post them when they get in but these are all issues from 399-441 when it was relatively low print. Not as rare as the newsies from V2 but still, nice deal and they were just sitting there waiting for someone to notice them. Search individual late issues. For issues like this Batman issue and those late V1 ASMs... you can see whether it's a newsstand or not from the thumbnail. There are OFTEN issues that aren't marked as newsies being sold for as much as the directs for that issue go for. And in my case there was a seller with issues cheaper than the directs for those issues, I could see they were newsies in the thumbnails, I offered 35-50% of their listed price on a bunch of issues and this morning they accepted them all.

^^

Can't wait to show y'all the wares, a few look to have 9.8 potential maybe but we'll see how they look in hand

Happy hunting y'all! :bigsmile: