• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CW's SUPERMAN AND LOIS show (TBD)
5 5

217 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, SLR5 said:

Made for young teens and tweeners.  And of course fanboys and fangirls who will like any superhero movie or 
TV show.  For adults it's garbage with dialouge that only 10-year-olds will like.  All the network cares is that it is a ratings bonanza.     We're talking GARBAGE.

So, you liked it?

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

A really good start from a different perspective: Clark Kent having to wrestle with how to be a husband, dad and hero.

I'd rather have a colonoscopy.

Something I figured I'd mention, as we're in the first week of episodes (and approaching the release of another Superman project): I care very deeply about Superman, because he was created by Jewish immigrants to represent the Jewish immigrant experience, and I’ve always been bothered by the grittier Superman because, for me, he’s supposed to represent a hopeful, future, American immigrant experience. The Superman captured by this show, and by the 1990s DCAU shows, portrays that in, I think, a better way than Cavill’s did (not to say Cavill was a bad Superman or anything). Yes, Snyder deliberately went in a different direction, and I get that, but I figured I’d explain why it bothers me that Snyder did.

I enjoyed this, as did the wife. A different feel from the other CW shows for sure... but I think that's a good thing (if only for the sake of variety). They're smart to introduce a show which paints in a different palate... kind of the way Legends of Tomorrow has found its sweet spot in being very different from the other shows.

I did have one question - since this is the "Arrowverse" and especially after Crisis we know these are all on one Earth... who/what is that reveal at the end supposed to be?  It doesn't exactly track with Supergirl/Superman continuity that has already been established in the Arrowverse.  Is it meant to be time travel?

Edited by fmaz

1 hour ago, fmaz said:

I enjoyed this, as did the wife. A different feel from the other CW shows for sure... but I think that's a good thing (if only for the sake of variety). They're smart to introduce a show which paints in a different palate... kind of the way Legends of Tomorrow has found its sweet spot in being very different from the other shows.

I did have one question - since this is the "Arrowverse" and especially after Crisis we know these are all on one Earth... who/what is that reveal at the end supposed to be?  It doesn't exactly track with Supergirl/Superman continuity that has already been established in the Arrowverse.  Is it meant to be time travel?

1 hour ago, bpc3qh said:

Something I figured I'd mention, as we're in the first week of episodes (and approaching the release of another Superman project): I care very deeply about Superman, because he was created by Jewish immigrants to represent the Jewish immigrant experience, and I’ve always been bothered by the grittier Superman because, for me, he’s supposed to represent a hopeful, future, American immigrant experience. The Superman captured by this show, and by the 1990s DCAU shows, portrays that in, I think, a better way than Cavill’s did (not to say Cavill was a bad Superman or anything). Yes, Snyder deliberately went in a different direction, and I get that, but I figured I’d explain why it bothers me that Snyder did.

Very cool to know how much the character means to you.

:applause:

Although I disagree on the Snyder concerns, that doesn't make your expectations any less relevant. Both are here to stay.

9 hours ago, piper said:

So, how's the show?

I liked the editing of episode 1 especially leading to the very last scene. Parts of the show like a teen soap opera but give it a few episodes, as executive director is good comic book writer Geoff Johns. Seems to be partly filmed in the city and suburbs of Vancouver, BC, Canada: Cloverdale.

14 hours ago, bpc3qh said:

I think that people have become far too concerned with the result, rather than the process that gets it there.

How does Kal-El find his belonging? How does he learn to handle both aspects of his life? Snyder's Superman is the only one that even tries to answer these questions.

Edited by Angel of Death

Looking forward to tomorrow nights episode. Just hope it stays the course and not stray into usual CW tropes. 

Need to Amp up the action sequence just a bit. Supes isn't always about fisticuffs,  he rescues people from danger and reverses natural disaster situations.  These make for entertaining scenes as well.