• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CW's SUPERMAN AND LOIS show (TBD)
5 5

217 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Good, I'm enjoying it. I could do without some of the teen angst, but I understand that needs to be included.

Agreed!

Episode 2 was a good follow-up.

• Fortress of Solitude
  • Jor-El
  • Alternate world Lex Luthor

Looking forward to more! :applause:

I thought this was a very solid outing. The Lois story looks promising, although I don't like the actor playing Edge (I find the British smugness annoying and not what I want the character to be). Jor-El was great, and I like what they're doing with Luthor; looking forward to exploring that world more fully, hopefully including Lois if her father was actively opposing Superman.

This show is really good so far. Five episodes in and they are staying focused on the challenges of being the family of Superman without him being the primary focus. And without the excessive CW teen angst also dominating the story.

One example though how poorly handled WB Studios is with its marketing. If you watch the episodes on the CW app, in-between every scene break Disney runs Marvel's Avengers toy commercials. Five episodes in and I am seeing this every time.

Talk about being clueless how to insert DC merchandising and other commercial during a show that is making strong strides forward. Clueless! :facepalm:

Alright, so I caught Episode 1 of this show because my cat was sleeping on me after Mortal Kombat, and I needed something to watch.

The VFX are absolutely dreadful, and the Superman suit just looks so bad. Isn't this supposed to be a prime Superman? Why is he struggling with a block of ice?

The actress who plays Lois is unconvincing, but I do like the guy who plays Clark. Will I watch any more episodes? Probably not.

27 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Alright, so I caught Episode 1 of this show because my cat was sleeping on me after Mortal Kombat, and I needed something to watch.

The VFX are absolutely dreadful, and the Superman suit just looks so bad. Isn't this supposed to be a prime Superman? Why is he struggling with a block of ice?

The actress who plays Lois is unconvincing, but I do like the guy who plays Clark. Will I watch any more episodes? Probably not.

Someone is having a case of the Mondays between Falcon/WS and this.

:baiting:

I didn't think he was struggling to lift it. It was keeping the iceberg intact long enough to dump it into the reactor to cool it off.

47 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Someone is having a case of the Mondays between Falcon/WS and this.

:baiting:

I didn't think he was struggling to lift it. It was keeping the iceberg intact long enough to dump it into the reactor to cool it off.

He was initially struggling to lift it, which a prime Superman should probably be able to do with 1 finger. :baiting:

31 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I love the show...but would love it more without all the teenagers. A few would be OK, not so many, lol.

:preach:

I'm concerned we don't have a female counterpart of this emoticon. Maybe that mods can fix that to be more sensitive to all members.

:whistle:

Superman and Lois might be filming flashback scenes for future episodes as Tyler Hoechlin steps back into the Max Fleischer suit in new set photos.

Superman and Lois has definitely defied expectations from fans on how the Man of Steel’s adventures can still work on TV, especially among the Arrowverse. The premiere of the series revealed a brief montage of the journey Tyler Hoechlin’s hero had been on so far, showing that he wore the Max Fleischer suit from the classic animated serials in his first public outing. And now new set photos confirm that we’ll be seeing more of the classic costume.