• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CW's SUPERMAN AND LOIS show (TBD)
5 5

216 posts in this topic

What an episode ending! :banana:

And now we know even more why 'The Stranger' is so personally driven to get through to Lois.

'Man of Steel' was a good name for this episode.

Another solid episode.

This gives me even more hope with Green Lantern Corps knowing THIS director is working on the show. He is more about the story and character development with a CW DC show and much less about excessive angst between lovers.

2 hours ago, bpc3qh said:

I'll admit, I much prefer this to Snyder's Superman. I think it's a much more humanized Superman and Clark, without the level of darkness that Snyder used in his version, and I like that. The balance seems right to me.

There was no 'darkness' in Snyder's Superman. It was an alien learning about himself and the people that had adopted him, yet having a loving mother that got him through it.

Sorry, but when observations come up like this I wonder what film you saw compared to those that understood Snyder loves the Superman character.

What a solid show that reminds viewers of how special Superman and his lore is to fans. And how it very much honors the work of Zack Snyder and Henry Cavill with Man of Steel as well.

Two solid performances.

superman.JPG.7e4cd818f8963e4bc156df15b297be98.JPG

On 6/24/2021 at 7:23 AM, Bosco685 said:

What a solid show that reminds viewers of how special Superman and his lore is to fans. And how it very much honors the work of Zack Snyder and Henry Cavill with Man of Steel as well.

Two solid performances.

superman.JPG.7e4cd818f8963e4bc156df15b297be98.JPG

Honestly, Clark coming to Metropolis and getting a job at the Daily Planet had very Christopher Reeve vibes to me in the last episode. Tyler Hoechlin is quickly becoming one of my favorite actors in the role. I like his nuanced, relatable, and very human portrayal.  

I sincerely hope they do not kill this show by yet another hiatus coming up. I know it is still likely related to COVID, but this show is just getting better and gaining momentum.  I just hope CW just leaves this show alone and does not tamper with it. It is such a refreshing change from the rest of the Arrowverse which I had really grown tired of over the last few years, despite how strong Arrow and the Flash started. 

3 hours ago, drotto said:

Honestly, Clark coming to Metropolis and getting a job at the Daily Planet had very Christopher Reeve vibes to me in the last episode. Tyler Hoechlin is quickly becoming one of my favorite actors in the role. I like his nuanced, relatable, and very human portrayal.  

I think Reeve's portrayal is definitely the dominant influence, and Hoechlin is a worthy heir to that role.

5 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Another great episode. Someone was complaining about the special effects, but since I know basically nothing about what makes them great, I'm really enjoying them, it's fine.

Well they have to complain about something.

"It's not perfect, but..."

Tulloch has been excellent in the role of Lois, and the show has overall done a great job with Lois (best Lois since the DCAU). Overall, this show has done a great job showing the heart at the center of Superman/Clark Kent--again, the best way since the DCAU. This show isn't perfect (primarily due to pacing), but I'm really impressed with it.