• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CW's SUPERMAN AND LOIS show (TBD)
5 5

217 posts in this topic

Thanks!

I just finished binge-watching Episodes 6 - 15, which were released on HBOMax on September 17th.

This is a really good show if you're a Superman fan.  It does feel like "multiverse-not-our-Earth" throughout the show, but every superhero universe is going that direction.  Besides, I don't think I'd want the Christopher Reeve version (that I grew up with) back anyway. It's kind of cringe-worthy trying to watch it now, and I had Superman II as my favorite movie for about 20 years. lol

Anyway, those of you who like all kinds of Superman stories might enjoy the whole first season being on HBOMax, rather than waiting weeks in between episodes.

(thumbsu

On 12/4/2021 at 11:07 PM, drotto said:

ONLY 7 ?!!!  Makes me sad.

On 12/4/2021 at 11:19 PM, MAR1979 said:

https://thecw.fandom.com/wiki/Season_2_(Superman_%26_Lois)

Only first 7 are so far titled and presumably shot. The order though is for 13 - still short of the 20-22 I expected it would receive.

What Mar1979 said.

And I am totally okay with shorter seasons. We see the impact CW-length seasons have had with too much filler episodes. Better to keep it tight and interesting.

On 12/5/2021 at 3:47 AM, Bosco685 said:

What Mar1979 said.

And I am totally okay with shorter seasons. We see the impact CW-length seasons have had with too much filler episodes. Better to keep it tight and interesting.

I just hope it stays good.  This is the best show the CW has done in at least 5 years, and it one of the best superhero shows in recent memory. 

Back in 2011, before the internet had a chance to fight about The New 52 or Man of Steel, Superman fans had a different controversy to face: in a backup story to Action Comics  #900, the Man of Steel formally renounced his U.S. citizenship (only as Superman, not as Clark Kent) in a move that drove the right-wing media crazy. The move was not done as a criticism of the United States, but rather because Superman said that he was tired of seeing his actions being interpreted as extensions of American policy -- something which would limit his ability to help people in situations where doing so could endanger U.S. relations with other countries.

In the recently-released trailer for the second season, Superman is seen arguing with his new Department of Defense handler, Lt. Mitch Anderson (Ian Bohen), saying that he can't be an extension of U.S. military policy because he promised to help the whole world a long time ago.

On 12/9/2021 at 12:23 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I can't watch this show for 3 reasons, even though I somewhat want to:

1. The Superman suit looks awful.
  2. The actress who plays Lois is awful.
  3. The VFX are awful.

It's too bad, because I think that Hoechlin is an adequate Clark Kent and Superman.

You may surprise yourself on this one. The showrunner is a Man of Steel fan, and there are scenes you can clearly tell are honoring that movie.

On 12/9/2021 at 12:27 PM, Bosco685 said:

You may surprise yourself on this one. The showrunner is a Man of Steel fan, and there are scenes you can clearly tell are honoring that movie.

Is s/he replacing the actress for Lois? Replacing the suit with something of quality? Getting a bigger VFX budget?

Superman & Lois Copied Snyder's Man Of Steel Origin For The Arrowverse

Superman and Lois season 2 established that the Arrowverse Superman shares a common origin with the Superman presented in Zack Snyder's Man of Steel, being the first naturally born Kryptonian in recent history. While the idea of Kryptonians having given up natural procreation in favor of genetically engineering their children has been in place for decades, the 2013 film is the most updated retelling of the Superman story to mark Kal-El of Krypton as special due to the unique circumstances of his birth. This further cements the idea, common to many modern Superman stories, that Kal-El was a child of destiny apart from his status as the Last Son of Krypton.

On 12/9/2021 at 12:23 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I can't watch this show for 3 reasons, even though I somewhat want to:

1. The Superman suit looks awful.
  2. The actress who plays Lois is awful.
  3. The VFX are awful.

It's too bad, because I think that Hoechlin is an adequate Clark Kent and Superman.

Lois is annoying, so is one of the sons and Lana could stop calling her husband "Babe" ever 5 seconds, but I love everything else...especially John Henry and Superman.