• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CW's SUPERMAN AND LOIS show (TBD)
5 5

217 posts in this topic

On 12/9/2021 at 5:23 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I can't watch this show for 3 reasons, even though I somewhat want to:

1. The Superman suit looks awful.
  2. The actress who plays Lois is awful.
  3. The VFX are awful.

It's too bad, because I think that Hoechlin is an adequate Clark Kent and Superman.

I watched 5 episodes and got bored with it.

On 1/25/2022 at 11:29 AM, Ken Aldred said:

I watched 5 episodes and got bored with it.

The episodes I saw were character moment-heavy, which I don't mind at all, since that's what TV shows are based off of. That's where Lois' actress ruins it for me. If the actresses for Lana Lang, and Lois, in Smallville were that bad I would have never finished the series back in the day.

On 1/25/2022 at 11:32 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The episodes I saw were character moment-heavy, which I don't mind at all, since that's what TV shows are based off of. That's where Lois' actress ruins it for me. If the actresses for Lana Lang, and Lois, in Smallville were that bad I would have never finished the series back in the day.

Watch the one from last night, there is a surprise twist...and it took me a few minutes before it clicked.

At first I was disappointed.  Then I realized the person who showed up was as good as who they tricked us into thinking it should be.  If it was a lesser character I think people would have been upset.

***I enjoy a "huh???" moment from my TV shows

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss

On 1/26/2022 at 10:13 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

At first I was disappointed.  Then I realized the person who showed up was as good as who they tricked us into thinking it should be.  If it was a lesser character I think people would have been upset.

***I enjoy a "huh???" moment from my TV shows

I had to wake up my husband (who watched it with me) and yell..

Spoiler

.it's BIZARRO...that's why his name was backwards!! He opened one eye and said...who is Bizarro...?

On 1/26/2022 at 10:17 PM, skypinkblu said:

I had to wake up my husband (who watched it with me) and yell..

Hide contents

.it's BIZARRO...that's why his name was backwards!! He opened one eye and said...who is Bizarro...?

It was a real cool switch-up for audiences in the know.

:banana:

In last night's episode of Superman & Lois, titled "The Thing in the Mines," fans learned that green-suited monster slamming its fist away underground was not Doomsday, as one would assume, but rather an Arrowverse twist on Bizarro. Played by Tyler Hoechlin, the villain wears a darker Superman suit, with a reversed "S" logo, and wearing a crystal of some kind on a chain around his neck. He is clearly not a happy camper, but we'll get to that another time, since basically as soon as we see him fully revealed, the episode ends with a final title card that reverses the Superman & Lois title and logo.

Because Hoechlin had to do battle with Bizarro while the villain was inside the green Doomsday suit, he obviously wasn't the only one wearing it. Still, he absolutely did some time in the costume, as he revealed when he discussed the episode with ComicBook last week.

"It was a suit inside a suit inside a suit," Hoechlin said with a laugh. "It was a lot of layers, but it was fun. I mean, anytime you get to actually be in those things, you really feel like you're stepping into the comics. And that's a really cool thing to be able to do."

The suit itself was a take on the green "containment suit" worn by Doomsday in his first appearances in the comics. The creature was buried inside of a giant,  metal box, deep underground, and wrapped up by powerful cables inside of the containment suit, which had red goggles in the area around Doomsday's eyes.

Superman-Lois-Bizarro-pic.jpg.d75021fbcd4914870165e16d6d9faeec.jpg