• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GPA Issues
8 8

413 posts in this topic

I'm not off to a very good start using the new GPA software to efficiently look up historical sales of books.  Its taking me more time navigate and the site is sluggish.   

Just a quick glance at Hulk 181 in 9.8, GPA recorded an Ebay sale from 12/5 at $47,000.00.  Yet that exact book is for sale with the same seller as an auction and fixed price, yes its for sale in duplication on Ebay, and it sold last week.  

Other than paying subscribers sending in messages questioning the validity of sales on Ebay, how does GPA identify which books are not paid for when they say sold on Ebay.   If a $47,000 book goes unnoticed, what about books that are $47.00.  

I would use caution to anyone using GPA or Go Collect, way to many non verified sales and outliers. 

Edited by Topnotchman

31 minutes ago, Topnotchman said:

I'm not off to a very good start using the new GPA software to efficiently look up historical sales of books.  Its taking me more time navigate and the site is sluggish.   

Just a quick glance at Hulk 181 in 9.8, GPA recorded an Ebay sale from 12/5 at $47,000.00.  Yet that exact book is for sale with the same seller as an auction and fixed price, yes its for sale in duplication on Ebay, and it sold last week.  

Other than paying subscribers sending in messages questioning the validity of sales on Ebay, how does GPA identify which books are not paid for when they say sold on Ebay.   If a $47,000 book goes unnoticed, what about books that are $47.00.  

I would use caution to anyone using GPA or Go Collect, way to many non verified sales and outliers. 

I email George when I see likely mistakes. Just a few days ago I emailed him that they had recorded a sale of Inc Hulk 181 in 9.4 for $11. (eleven dollars). He removed it.  

I believe on eBay some corrections get done as a routine matter of the data being sent. But it does fall on those of us using the service to point out any questionable listed results. 

There is a "contact us" link at the bottom of the home page or you can email George at info@gpaanalysis.com.

On 12/12/2019 at 5:36 PM, GACollectibles said:

I keep a tab open and not use it for a couple of hours, start to use it again and I get two to four clicks into my next search and then I get logged out.  Anyone else run into this?  I can understand if it did that when I made my first new click but it allows a couple of valid clicks before logging out.

Yes I have this problem. I also get logged out more than I used to. Two of the many irritating changes.

2 hours ago, frank_newman said:

Yes I have this problem. I also get logged out more than I used to. Two of the many irritating changes.

Odd.  I have almost the exact opposite happen.  I used to have to log in again when I hadn't used the page for half an hour or so.  Now whenever I navigate to the page it's remembering me.

On 12/12/2019 at 5:17 PM, Tony S said:

I email George when I see likely mistakes. Just a few days ago I emailed him that they had recorded a sale of Inc Hulk 181 in 9.4 for $11. (eleven dollars). He removed it.  

I believe on eBay some corrections get done as a routine matter of the data being sent. But it does fall on those of us using the service to point out any questionable listed results. 

There is a "contact us" link at the bottom of the home page or you can email George at info@gpaanalysis.com.

The correct email is info@gpanalysis.com (you have an extra "a", and that will cause the email to fail.)

11 hours ago, bb8 said:

I just canceled my subscription. I just get a spinning circle on a PC. I can get some info on my phone but it sucks. Anyone else get this on PC?

It's slow no matter what platform I use. I am a network engineer by trade and have quite a bit of various equipment I use both at the job and at home. Doesn't matter what I use. It's just a slow loading mess most days. I am not giving up yet as I know development is an ongoing process, but sheesh. It's definitely painful to use right now. 

55 minutes ago, HookemNC said:

It's slow no matter what platform I use. I am a network engineer by trade and have quite a bit of various equipment I use both at the job and at home. Doesn't matter what I use. It's just a slow loading mess most days. I am not giving up yet as I know development is an ongoing process, but sheesh. It's definitely painful to use right now. 

Yeah I saw that they switched to a new application, so I’ve given it some time. But the few times I’ve wanted quick pricing information I’m just seeing it spin. Not worth it to me right now; I barely use it as it is. Maybe I’ll jump back in if they ever get their house in order and I feel I’m using it enough for it to be worthwhile. I wonder how many subscriptions they’ve lost because of this *ahem* ‘upgrade.’

41 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I've been curious what others think now that they've had a couple more weeks to live with it. Anyone else have an updated opinion?

Have gotten used to it in the same way one can get used to living with a persistent dull headache. It's still slow, mobile clicking is sometimes unresponsive, and getting the same amount of data takes twice as long.

On 12/30/2019 at 4:54 PM, DavidTheDavid said:

I've been curious what others think now that they've had a couple more weeks to live with it. Anyone else have an updated opinion?

I used it recently in "combat" conditions for the first time and it really emphasized how slow and clunky it is now. On my PC at home using it as I browse through eBay it's not as noticeably bad as it is out in the field on my mobile device 2c

On 12/31/2019 at 5:14 PM, Real Elijah Snow said:

Just got hit with the auto pay last week. I'm leaning towards cancelling before the next one. 

I too just cancelled. I will check back in a month or two and see if it has improved.. The response time is just too slow and clunky, especially on mobile. I am a fan of GPA, so I will circle back without question and see how it improves but for the time being, I will utilize gocollect as it's mobile platform is much more stable/usable. 

On 12/30/2019 at 2:54 PM, DavidTheDavid said:

I still like the old look better, but I navigate the new look without problem.

I can live with it if it as long as it's accurate.

I think it would be significantly more tolerable without the added click for specific grade results.  If clicking on a grade opens up all the "Live" listings why can't it open the completed results for that grade as well?

I understand why the Live needs to be first (money), I don't understand why the additional click is needed.

16 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:

I think it would be significantly more tolerable without the added click for specific grade results.  If clicking on a grade opens up all the "Live" listings why can't it open the completed results for that grade as well?

I understand why the Live needs to be first (money), I don't understand why the additional click is needed.

+ 1,000

Also, it would be great if these could be OFF by default.

1.jpg.a824d2ca37155d3f191bb71d60e9a12b.jpg