• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hasbro's TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEASTS (2023)

179 posts in this topic

On 6/13/2023 at 4:39 AM, media_junkie said:

My 14 year old does.  Dude can rattle off everything about Transformers.

You've raised a good son. 

Info on where the franchise may be heading. SPOILER of the film's post-credits scene. 

Edited by Cat

Wife and I went to go see it over the weekend. Was pleasantly entertained by it. We even watched the Bumblebee movie right before it, just because. :nyah:

I did not know much about Beast Wars, but loved what I saw of Optimus Primal and the others.

As for the post-cred scene:

Spoiler

I just want a GI Joe movie that is faithful to the books.. preferably the early issues (1-100ish). Would love to see a Mission Impossible meets James Bond type of movie.

I may have to re-read the GI Joe 139 & 140.

I finally got to see it today (it only opened here on Thursday) and I absolutely loved it. It flowed well, nicely edited, a very enjoyable popcorn flick. As I expected, Mirage and Arcee were my favourites by a mile. It was nice to get the reference to Charlie, small as it was. 

Very good film. Worth the wait. 

On 6/18/2023 at 3:36 PM, drmccoy74 said:

I just saw Beast Wars today. I thought it was pretty good. It definitely sets up future Transformer and other  Hasbro properties very nicely. 

Yes, hopefully they can merger their franchises in a way that benefits both.  I feel that NEST in the earlier movies kinda had that G.I. Joe vibe.  I hope they don't make G.I. Joe too cheesy (fakey, lame, etc.).  

On 7/10/2023 at 4:39 AM, ymisbatg said:

Yes, hopefully they can merger their franchises in a way that benefits both.  I feel that NEST in the earlier movies kinda had that G.I. Joe vibe.  I hope they don't make G.I. Joe too cheesy (fakey, lame, etc.).  

They've got to be careful with GIJOE. International audiences love Transformers, but we're not big on GIJOE, not now that we're older and realise what it was. They're going to have to thread a very fine line to get this to work. Frankly, I don't think they're up for the chsllenge, and I do look forward to eating my own hat (it also means I get to go hat shopping). 

On 7/9/2023 at 9:59 AM, Cat said:

They've got to be careful with GIJOE. International audiences love Transformers, but we're not big on GIJOE, not now that we're older and realise what it was. They're going to have to thread a very fine line to get this to work. Frankly, I don't think they're up for the chsllenge, and I do look forward to eating my own hat (it also means I get to go hat shopping). 

Good point.  Unless they include more international Joes.  (That sounds kinda weird).  But like a task force made of the best from each country.  

On 7/10/2023 at 4:45 PM, ymisbatg said:

Good point.  Unless they include more international Joes.  (That sounds kinda weird).  But like a task force made of the best from each country.  

Exactly. It definitely has to be less insular than previous incarnations. 

On 7/10/2023 at 7:45 AM, Cat said:

Exactly. It definitely has to be less insular than previous incarnations. 

It is a valid point. Though if you are in the USA and less focused on the world view of a production this gets missed.

On 7/10/2023 at 11:08 PM, Bosco685 said:

It is a valid point. Though if you are in the USA and less focused on the world view of a production this gets missed.

Typical Americans. :baiting:

OK, on a beach trip with my sons (14 and 10) and we just saw this movie.  I know Transformer movies get a bad rap, but we really enjoyed this one.  It was a bit slow at first until the main dude stumbled across Mirage, but then it picked up.  Enjoyed the hint at the end about what may happen.  I will absolutely own this film.  4 out of 5 stars easy.

On 7/13/2023 at 8:29 AM, media_junkie said:

OK, on a beach trip with my sons (14 and 10) and we just saw this movie.  I know Transformer movies get a bad rap, but we really enjoyed this one.  It was a bit slow at first until the main dude stumbled across Mirage, but then it picked up.  Enjoyed the hint at the end about what may happen.  I will absolutely own this film.  4 out of 5 stars easy.

Just in case you didn't know it, the Bay movies are dead, a thing of the past. This is an all-new continuity that began with Bumblebee. So far I think they're batting 100, as I really enjoyed both films of this new continuity. I only liked 2 Bay films fullstop, and they weren't consecutive, nor were they as good as these 2.

Bring on the Beeverse! 

On 7/13/2023 at 8:55 AM, Bosco685 said:

I watch this movie last night, and had a really good time.

I liked how it referenced back to Bumblebee, and Hailee Steinfeld's character. I very much look forward to this future.

I'd love to see Charlie again. Something just as simple as something bad goes down, Autobots get split up, someone dies, whatever, and he goes to her for with a crisis of conscience to resolve. Just a short scene would make me very happy.