• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink's next Featured Auction Has Started Posting Books
17 17

1,721 posts in this topic

On 11/10/2022 at 5:15 PM, Forbush-Man said:

Star Comics #1   There are 9 total graded comics, 4 of them are restored, so this is 1 of 5 graded.  That's not very many. 

StarComics1.jpg

I've never seen this book. Such a clean white cover. Looks much better than a 2.0. 

Fun for the Kiddies...the Grown Ups too! If they only knew how right they were.

On 11/9/2022 at 8:08 AM, Forbush-Man said:

Finally got a decent scan of Funny Pages V2 #10 featuring the First Appearance of The Arrow.  Big book with an unassuming cover.  

funny pages v 2 10a.jpg

Agree 110% with you as this is definitely a big big book and seemingly still undervalued since it appears not to have had the same loving and crazy price increases which other GA super hero first appearance books have had to date in this red hot marketplace.  No doubt due in large part to the fact that this is a real real tough book in all grades as it very seldom ever comes into the marketplace relative to other GA keys.  :luhv:

Edited by lou_fine

On 11/11/2022 at 4:51 PM, lou_fine said:

Agree 110% with you as this is definitely a big big book and seemingly still undervalued since it appears not to have had the same loving and crazy price increases which other GA super hero first appearance books have had to date in this red hot marketplace.  No doubt due in large part to the fact that this is a real real tough book in all grades as it very seldom ever comes into the marketplace relative to other GA keys.  :luhv:

1st appearance of the Arrow. He’s the guy on the cover with the fishing pole right?

On 11/12/2022 at 1:10 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

1st appearance of the Arrow. He’s the guy on the cover with the fishing pole right?

I think The Arrow is the guy the kid hooks.

So basically The Arrow is a middle-aged man who hangs around under fishing docks, on playgrounds, and outside toy shops in order to orchestrate encounters with young boys. Got it.

On 11/12/2022 at 4:32 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

I think The Arrow is the guy the kid hooks.

So basically The Arrow is a middle-aged man who hangs around under fishing docks, on playgrounds, and outside toy shops in order to orchestrate encounters with young boys. Got it.

So the Arrow is a precursor to the Creep. Got it!

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 11/15/2022 at 8:19 PM, Forbush-Man said:

Finally got the last scan, Funny Picture Stories V2 #3  One of the Top 4 Graded.  Auction starts this Thursday. 

FunnyPictureStoriesV2-3.jpg

Nice looking copy of areal tough book let the bidding begin tonight :bigsmile:

Would I get flogged if I said if it hadn't been for the Centaurs, this would be one of CLINKs weakest auctions in quite a while?  Very few Batman's, small offering of Detectives.  Usual Spiderman array but not a ton of the normal ubber high grade.

On 11/17/2022 at 8:29 PM, batman_fan said:

Would I get flogged if I said if it hadn't been for the Centaurs, this would be one of CLINKs weakest auctions in quite a while?  Very few Batman's, small offering of Detectives.  Usual Spiderman array but not a ton of the normal ubber high grade.

:whistle:............................:shiftyeyes:  ...........................:takeit:

I hope this will be good luck for me. :wishluck:

Edited by Forbush-Man

On 11/17/2022 at 11:29 PM, batman_fan said:

I’ve noticed excitement (and perceived quality of auction) around any auction usually depends on the superhero books, especially those you mention. 

A long time ago I decided there are rarely bargains in popular marvel/DC superhero titles in CLink, so I just rapidly swipe through them. I review my historical purchased list from CLink and it’s about 1% of these books. 

No doubt I’ve missed out over the years ignoring these books. And my long held assumption, that these books can’t appreciate at a rate that warrants playing aggressively in this pool, was obviously wrong (at least for the last 5-10 years). And it is these books that lift all the other books, and the hobby itself. But no regrets, I’ve probably saved hundreds of hours by not mulling, bidding, and ultimately losing in these books. 

Edited by whomerjay

On 11/17/2022 at 11:29 PM, batman_fan said:

Very few Batman's, small offering of Detectives.

A crisis of truly national proportion. :sumo: