• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

Give us the background, Gator!!! :wishluck:

well, this little old lady called me up and wanted me to look at a comic book she found in her attic mixed in with some old Saturday Evening posts...

so, I said I didn't really have the time to look at an old comic with batman on the cover (she said "the bat guy") but that if she wanted to drag her old lazy bones out to me, I would look at it...

she said she was desperate for money (I knew I had her then) and told me she needed $154 to pay her utility bill, or they would cut off her heat (it got down to 81 last night...brrr)...so, I did what any reasonable person would do, I offered her $50 and a box of centrum...she agreed...

well, this little old lady called me up and wanted me to look at a comic book she found in her attic mixed in with some old Saturday Evening posts...

so, I said I didn't really have the time to look at an old comic with batman on the cover (she said "the bat guy") but that if she wanted to drag her old lazy bones out to me, I would look at it...

she said she was desperate for money (I knew I had her then) and told me she needed $154 to pay her utility bill, or they would cut off her heat (it got down to 81 last night...brrr)...so, I did what any reasonable person would do, I offered her $50 and a box of centrum...she agreed...

and I was about to start crying to God , "Why can't this kind of luck happen to me"? kind of thing... Rick :mad: don't do that again. I almost fell off my chair, and then I would be forced to sue you (there is a law for causing grief) for a tec 27 (:

lol

:makepoint:

Rick is too faithful a man to short the lady..if the ole lady needed $154, he would have given her $1154 :grin: ---in return for the Tec 27 (thumbs u

Nice story.. Certainly fooled me.. So are you really on the hunt for pre-robin tecs again?

only if they fall in my lap...prices are too strong right now....

Nice story.. Certainly fooled me.. So are you really on the hunt for pre-robin tecs again?

You have only yourself to blame for that....

:baiting:

:cry: but 1koko helped too lol

You guys ruined them for us small fry!!

:cry:

:pullhair:

Cry all you want George!

I say we string 'em both up! :sumo:

You guys ruined them for us small fry!!

doh! hopefully we can move outta the "fries" section and start chopping lettuce...in a year or two we make assistant manager--and that's when the big books start rolling in... lol

Name that movie... lol

Here's my MH copy of Detective Comics 167 purchased many many moons ago. Though not a key, I have always loved the red Cleopatra cover.

:o That is killer!

Thanks tb, Gfan, and adam strange for your kind comments about the MH Detective Comics 167. I think I bought it back in 1993 and had it slabbed just a couple of years ago. I don't have that many comics, but of the few that I have that one I'll always treasure.

Thanks Again,

Steve