• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

it will be interesting to see the pic and asking price on the tec27 cgc 5.5 :popcorn:

:o

+1 :popcorn::popcorn:

I've been patiently waiting on that pic at Metro's site. I don't really care about the price as it is out of my league.. But a pic would be awesome! :wishluck:

If you are a hoarder, I am a pre-robin whore

:o(worship)

:grin:

I think Pre-Robin King, is more appropriate for you, with your collection. :cloud9:

Ha, I wish! Maybe I can accept the title if I add that 4.0 Tec 27 :pullhair:

Don't get frustrated...just mann-up and go for it. ;)

You got a point there, but I've been MANNING-UP on every book I purchased thus far. I don't wanna lose another pair of underwear for the Tec 27 :cry: It's my last and most favorite one

I think Pre-Robin King, is more appropriate for you, with your collection. :cloud9:

There are two on the market! :baiting:

I wonder how the 2nd 4.0 looks like hm

What's an organ or two anyway? :insane:

You got a point there, but I've been MANNING-UP on every book I purchased thus far. I don't wanna lose another pair of underwear for the Tec 27 :cry: It's my last and most favorite one

You have great courage and stepped up to the plate; as a result, a great pre-robbin collection that resides with you. ;)

You have great courage and stepped up to the plate; as a result, a great pre-robbin collection that resides with you. ;)

WedJun08234738EDT2011.jpg

Finally had the 26 graded and although I pretty much had an idea what range the book would be in- I disagree with the pq given. I really do believe at worse the pages to be tan but cream was more of what I expected. Anyway as for the better news I did enjoy reading the notes on the label.Finally the 26 gets the recognition it deserves.

WedJun08234819EDT2011.jpg

WedJun08235919EDT2011.jpg

WedJun08235956EDT2011.jpg

What do you fellow boardies believe ? I took a few pics before I sent it out, do you think the pages look slightly brittle? maybe tanned to cream pages but not slightly brittle. Anyway, am I am definitely enjoying the Bat note on the slab. It gives it more meaning now. Possibly more value too ;)

Great book John! And yes so true that it is so close to the elusive #27! It definitely fits nicely into your collection

Thanks Brian. Too bad it doesnt come close to the value of the 27....I would have the 24/7 smile.

I wonder if any other 26s had the Bat notes on the labels?

WedJun08235956EDT2011.jpg

This picture seems to show pretty significant tanning on the edge of the page which could be slightly brittle...

Not sure. But I can say that that edge felt no different than the rest of the page. I have some more pics of the interior ill upload maybe later on. But some of those pages look better than even this one.

Well, if the pages are not chipping away from the interior, I can't see how they were graded as slightly brittle? Unless it is in the spine area which is fairly common. Even if the pages were a tanned color and if supple, it shouldn't be that way

Edited by Dark Knight

WedJun08234738EDT2011.jpg

Finally had the 26 graded and although I pretty much had an idea what range the book would be in- I disagree with the pq given. I really do believe at worse the pages to be tan but cream was more of what I expected. Anyway as for the better news I did enjoy reading the notes on the label.Finally the 26 gets the recognition it deserves.

WedJun08234819EDT2011.jpg

Fantastic book John!!

Very very strictly graded IMHO.