• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

Whoa. Incredible indeed.

Incredible book coming up in the November CL auction...

RADAFEAC2011830_113430.jpg

Should bring 25 grand or more! Rarer than the Tec'140!

i doubt tec 142 is rarer than 140....perception only...it is offered for sale in the public eye less than 140 due to the value difference (and thus far less copies are slabbed, again due to the value to fee ratio)...but at cons and such, I actually see more 142's than 140's, so not rarer, but very rare in 9.4 lol

Whoa. Incredible indeed.

i doubt tec 142 is rarer than 140....perception only...it is offered for sale in the public eye less than 140 due to the value difference (and thus far less copies are slabbed, again due to the value to fee ratio)...but at cons and such, I actually see more 142's than 140's, so not rarer, but very rare in 9.4 lol

and the MH copy on Tec 142 has "issues"

I almost never see the 142 at cons that I attend, but again I just attend Comic-Con in SD and local cons here in SoCal, but in San Diego I always see Detective 140s in many different grades. I just never--and I mean never--see the 142 in any grade. But that's just my limited perception. Maybe there's more copies Back East and in the Midwest.

SLR

PS--It's akin to Detective 225 and 226. I always see 225s at cons, but I very rarely see a nice 226.

Edited by Stevenrams

I almost never see the 142 at cons that I attend, but again I just attend Comic-Con in SD and local cons here in SoCal, but in San Diego I always see Detective 140s in many different grades. I just never--and I mean never--see the 142 in any grade. But that's just my limited perception. Maybe there's more copies Back East and in the Midwest.

SLR

PS--It's akin to Detective 225 and 226. I always see 225s at cons, but I very rarely see a nice 226.

again, has to do with value and demand...tec 140 has greater demand and greater value and thus is showcased more than 142...but this past year at sdcc (since you mentioned it) I counted 4 tec 140's for sale and there were no less than 7 tec 142's for sale (mostly in boxes)...I bought 2 of the tec 142's , but passed on most others I saw...you generally do have to dig for 142's, I have found, though most "major" dealers will put up on a wall...

same with tec 226...there are just as many out there, but far less demand means far less sales and far less "visual" availability....as mentioned, it is a "relative" thing, but in terms of straight numbers, both 142 and 226 exist in equal to or great quantities than their more highly sought out counterparts, imo...you just have to hunt a little harder for them (thumbs u

Whoa. Incredible indeed.

and the MH copy on Tec 142 has "issues"

interesting hm

again, has to do with value and demand...tec 140 has greater demand and greater value and thus is showcased more than 142...but this past year at sdcc (since you mentioned it) I counted 4 tec 140's for sale and there were no less than 7 tec 142's for sale (mostly in boxes)...I bought 2 of the tec 142's , but passed on most others I saw...you generally do have to dig for 142's,

Interesting though, aside from the Crippen 8.0 copy sale 5 years ago, no high grade sales in GPA at all (and only 5 sales total listed). Obviously that's not an all-encompassing indicator, but I bet a few people have been waiting for this one. hm

Well boys and girls, we've got a true entry level Tec 35 coming to auction.

a "nice" CGC 1.0 with Slight P, this will be fun to watch.

RADE8B3D2011722_13583.jpg

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch.asp%3Fwhere%3Dauctions%26title%3Ddetective%2Bcomics%2B35%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_898570&id=898570

What is going on this year?? Last year we only saw one Tec 35 offered publicly on auction. And this year, this is #6 to come to the market on auction! :o

#6 or not, it's still going to go for a fat premium. Presents nicely and gets the job done, so yeah, it'll be interesting to see where the hammer lands at the end.

Ends tomorrow night... it's up to $2,952 right now. :ohnoez:

Final bid $3,356. Did anyone here win?

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch.asp%3Fwhere%3Dauctions%26title%3Ddetective%2Bcomics%2B35%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_898570&id=898570

What is going on this year?? Last year we only saw one Tec 35 offered publicly on auction. And this year, this is #6 to come to the market on auction! :o

#6 or not, it's still going to go for a fat premium. Presents nicely and gets the job done, so yeah, it'll be interesting to see where the hammer lands at the end.

:whee: that would be me....... Now can someone please buy my tec 37 ? :foryou:

Edited by Yannis

When I checked the final sale price, it sold for $3766?!?!

Congrats (thumbs u :applause:

Congrats (thumbs u :applause:

Thanks. Next on the agenda will be to get rid of that ugly tape

Congratulations John!

What a pick-up! (worship)

Congratulations John!

What a pick-up! (worship)

hey I have you to thank as well for helping me go for it :headbang: , even though I will miss you new baby :cry: but sometimes we need to sacrifice

That's awesome and congrats! :applause:

I saw that book a couple months ago in the preview and thought that it might go for a couple thousand... that's how much I know! lol

So instead I went for something more in my price range and FINALLY picked up a nice looking copy of this book (I don't mind the resto)...

One of my favorite Robinson Tec covers!

RAD942482011721_101153-1.jpg