• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

Just in, proud papa !!

tec31cgc5-1.jpg

Awesome book! Congrats. :applause:

I love that classic cover so much that, fifteen years ago, I commissioned for and bought a reproduction artwork of it (approx. 12" x 16"), and hung it on my living room wall where it still remains to this day! :luhv:

Now if I can just get the comic itself...... hm

Is yours anything like this one? This hangs in my comic room/home office

p1010005.jpg

Just in, proud papa !!

tec31cgc5-1.jpg

I love that classic cover so much that, fifteen years ago, I commissioned for and bought a reproduction artwork of it (approx. 12" x 16"), and hung it on my living room wall where it still remains to this day! :luhv:

p1010005.jpg

(worship)

Just in, proud papa !!

tec31cgc5-1.jpg

p1010005.jpg

That is sweet.

Thanks guys, I really enjoy having it
just remember our conversation about 5 years ago in your office, who you promised first shot at if you ever decided to sell (thumbs u

Thanks guys, I really enjoy having it
just remember our conversation about 5 years ago in your office, who you promised first shot at if you ever decided to sell (thumbs u

(thumbs u

(worship)

Just in, proud papa !!

tec31cgc5-1.jpg

the "4th" 5.0 has changed hands and not through mine. Congrats!

Have you owned all 4 one time or another gator? hm

So 3 out of the 4 are now located in CA. :o And 1 on the east coast.

Just in, proud papa !!

tec31cgc5-1.jpg

the "4th" 5.0 has changed hands and not through mine. Congrats!

Have you owned all 4 one time or another gator? hm

So 3 out of the 4 are now located in CA. :o And 1 on the east coast.

nope, I never owned this particular copy...just the other 3...

Just in, proud papa !!

tec31cgc5-1.jpg

p1010005.jpg

Not quite like yours, but that's one great work of art! (thumbs u

Mine's is an EXACT reproduction painting of the Tec#31 cover itself (ie. same colors, title logo, lettering, captions, etc.)!

It was done by a professional comic book restorer (Chris Friesen, if anyone is familiar with him. Lives in Toronto like myself, at least the last time I checked) who has also been doing this sort of work on the side. Way back when I used to regularly attend Toronto comicons/shows during the latter half of the 1990's, at one show, Chris displayed several samples of his cover repro artwork (mostly of golden-age keys & classic covers). All of them looked very impressive to the last detail. You could either buy whatever he had there up front, or you could commission him to do a particular cover you wanted, as long as he had (or could obtain/borrow) the actual comic book in question to use as reference.

Well boys and girls, we've got a true entry level Tec 35 coming to auction.

a "nice" CGC 1.0 with Slight P, this will be fun to watch.

RADE8B3D2011722_13583.jpg

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch.asp%3Fwhere%3Dauctions%26title%3Ddetective%2Bcomics%2B35%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_898570&id=898570

What is going on this year?? Last year we only saw one Tec 35 offered publicly on auction. And this year, this is #6 to come to the market on auction! :o

#6 or not, it's still going to go for a fat premium. Presents nicely and gets the job done, so yeah, it'll be interesting to see where the hammer lands at the end.

Ends tomorrow night... it's up to $2,952 right now. :ohnoez: