• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

blush.gif893whatthe.gifhail.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifheadbang.gifyay.gif

Okay we can close the thread now, it has officially peaked. Absolutely fantastic!

tec2737r.jpg

finally smile.gif

rick

Rick, shouldn't you use some type of thin set mortor before you re-tile over existing tile 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just kidding, another picture that makes me dream! hail.gif

Hey Rick,

Beautiful set of Tec books you have there. Pretty much the run I want to complete. Glad you got your Tec 27.. Books look gorgeous!!!! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gifhail.gifhail.gif

#140......a fairly scarce book. This copy: Fine +++ unrestored with off-white pages. The 1st Riddler!

1644911-rare003.jpg

1644911-rare004.jpg

Darnit, you outbidded me on this book Christo_pull_hair.gif Hope you enjoy the book as I thought it was a nice pickup.

hello all...

I must have missed that one 893whatthe.gif, was it recently auctioned?

rick

latertecsr.jpg

some of my post 27-53 run of tecs...mainly just buying "covers" of the villians...eventually will fill in the rest of the issues (going to try to complete to 225)...

rick

#140......a fairly scarce book. This copy: Fine +++ unrestored with off-white pages. The 1st Riddler!

1644911-rare003.jpg

1644911-rare004.jpg

Darnit, you outbidded me on this book Christo_pull_hair.gif Hope you enjoy the book as I thought it was a nice pickup.

hello all...

rick

Yep, like last week I believe... I thought I had it too.. Just $50 short

1644911-rare003.jpg

1644911-rare004.jpg

hello all...

rick

Yep, like last week I believe... I thought I had it too.. Just $50 short

...actually Dark Knight, you could add a "zero" onto the end of that $50, and you would still be saying to me "Darnit, you outbid on this book Christo_pull_hair.gif".( and Rick would have still missed it wink.gif) The nice looking, mid and high grade unrestored Tec 140's with nice PQ just don't come around that often....so I had to seize the moment. A few years ago Heritage sold a CGC NM 9.4 for around $20k blush.gif. The seller took terrible pics, and the book looks 100 times nicer in person than it did in his auction ( which I'm sure you noticed from looking at my pic vs. the auction pic )..it was a gamble, and this time it paid off. I have also had auction images capture the best part of a books looks, and been very disapointed when I unwrapped the packaging of my new raw "VF" that was more like a "VG" once I saw it close up...warts and all. I am confident another one will pop up somewhere, and you will have another shot.....good luck to you thumbsup2.gif

Steve