• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

detnewr.jpg

hello all...

had time to open a few boxes...the 2 outer tecs are courtesy of bill (ciorac), the middle was an ebay pick up...

rick

They look lovely together! smile.gif

Bill, dude, I thought we were friends? And what do you do, go off selling my Detectives to someone else? sorry.gifpoke2.gif

Nice group of Detectives. I really want to do some group shots of my junk soon.

detnewr.jpg

hello all...

had time to open a few boxes...the 2 outer tecs are courtesy of bill (ciorac), the middle was an ebay pick up...

rick

Bill, dude, I thought we were friends? And what do you do, go off selling my Detectives to someone else? sorry.gifpoke2.gif

sorry.giftonofbricks.gif

detnewr.jpg

hello all...

rick

hello all...

I will let bill off the hook...he purchased these tecs specifically for me, as part of a trade we did smile.gif

but I would love to see soe of your "junk" shots!

rick

That is a spot on pretty book! One of my favorite Covers in the entire run. A recent purchase?

Thanks. I picked it up in 99' and it has a letter stating it's the Big Apple from All Star.

The Big Apple had some really nice books in it. I have two Green Hornets both with white pages. The 50 is one of those covers I have always loved and I still need for my collection ... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That is a spot on pretty book! One of my favorite Covers in the entire run. A recent purchase?

Thanks. I picked it up in 99' and it has a letter stating it's the Big Apple from All Star.

The Big Apple had some really nice books in it. I have two Green Hornets both with white pages. The 50 is one of those covers I have always loved and I still need for my collection ... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The paper quality is real nice... just a little rust on top staple and the problem with the BLFC. I'm working on a run of detectives myself. This is probably my favorite.

The paper quality is real nice... just a little rust on top staple and the problem with the BLFC. I'm working on a run of detectives myself. This is probably my favorite.

The other one I really like is 44. Fortunitely I have a copy of it. How close are you to finishing the run? I need a ton. The bulk is before issue 300. I have been focusing on the ones from ~70 to 300 right now but definitely slowed in the past several months as I have cut way back on buying and also done some big artwork pick-ups.

Here's the Big Apple copy of # 50

1606467-tec50BA.jpg

cloud9.gif

I like the cover, but why is Batman running away from the crooks?

1606467-tec50BA.jpg

cloud9.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

I think he's just walking backwards to intimidate them.

1606467-tec50BA.jpg

cloud9.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

I think he's just walking backwards to intimidate them.

Maybe he is really wants to avoid exposing his backside to Robin? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893whatthe.gif

The other one I really like is 44. Fortunitely I have a copy of it. How close are you to finishing the run? I need a ton.

I'm slowly working on 50-100.... real slowly. I'm not even close; Timelys keep getting in my way. I'd like to pick up a pre-Robin that's not too shabby lookin' .

The other one I really like is 44. Fortunitely I have a copy of it. How close are you to finishing the run? I need a ton.

I'm slowly working on 50-100.... real slowly. I'm not even close; Timelys keep getting in my way. I'd like to pick up a pre-Robin that's not too shabby lookin' .

That was my goal for last year, a clean pre-Robin Detective but I ended up snagging a Byrne cover instead (which I don't regret). This year, I hope to snag at least 20 more Detectives I need but so far none ... Last year, 29 yay.gif

That was my goal for last year, a clean pre-Robin Detective but I ended up snagging a Byrne cover instead (which I don't regret). This year, I hope to snag at least 20 more Detectives I need but so far none ... Last year, 29 yay.gif

hello all...

my kind of guys...congrats to both!...

I had thought about expanding and get 54-100, but have yet to committ...

rick

hello all...

rick

I must strongly recommend you avoid going after the 54-100 run. (need to minimize the competition!) wink.gif

hello all...

rick

I must strongly recommend you avoid going after the 54-100 run. (need to minimize the competition!) wink.gif

especially avoid Joker covers stooges.gif