• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,315 posts in this topic

River City

ST9.jpg

:takeit: Vampires :luhv:

:takeit: John was just putting the sign up for me since he knows I would want it.

This is one of the few raw Metro books that I have actually kept (I've given up now). At the same time that I bought this I also got another early Strange Tales graded F/VF. It looked great until I noticed that the centrefold was dettached. They allowed me to return the book with no questions asked, reposted it on their site as a VG (basically admitting they made a mistake) and still made me pay the return postage. :makepoint:

Edited by Monkeyman

Jann10.jpg

Now that's more like it Monkeyman!!! :applause: Others were nice too especially that ST!!!

Let's see some more Jungle Stuff or maybe if you have it,Yellow Claw!!!

Here is a question for you Atlas fans. This copy of Jann has a paper stapled to the first page which says Eastern Color on it.

Jann10p1.jpg

I have never heard of Eastern Color file copies. If anyone has any info I'd be interested. The paper has obviously been there for a while.

Jann10InsideCover.jpg

Mike

Now that's more like it Monkeyman!!! :applause: Others were nice too especially that ST!!!

Did someone say Yellow Craw?

YC_02.jpg

AtlasFan; I knew you wouldn't let me down!!! :headbang:

But are you hitting the bottle early tonight??? That scan is a little crooked!!! :insane:

Is it just me, or are these Yellow Claw books that hard to find!!!

In high grade I NEVER see them!!! Does anybody else have any???

CGC Census

#1 - 7 copies graded - highest is 7.0

#2 - 3 copies graded - highest 9.0 then 6.5

#3 - 4 copies graded - highest 9.0

#4 - 4 copies graded - highest 8.5

I have never seen a really high grade copy. Heritage had a nice set of mid grades last year, but they were too rich for my blood.

It really isn't that uncommon for these Atlas books to be very hard to find in grade. Look at the Mystery Tales 15 I posted - 6 graded copies, highest 9.0 and then an 8.0 and a 7.0. Mine would probably be an 8.5. I think that we just notice more for Yellow Claw because there are only four of them and they are desirable because of the cool covers (the stories aren't so great).

The Strange Tales #9 only has two graded copies - 8.5 and 5.0. There are, however, some high grade, ungraded pedigrees floating around so these numbers can be a little deceiving.

Mike

Edited by Monkeyman

Did someone say Yellow Craw?

YC_02.jpg

AtlasFan; I knew you wouldn't let me down!!! :headbang:

But are you hitting the bottle early tonight??? That scan is a little crooked!!! :insane:

Its not the bottle, its the crack! :makepoint:

Here are a few straighter images...

yc_02.jpg

yc_03.jpg

These books have some of the best 50's Kirby work. Very far out stuff, I would say that Jack was about 10 years ahead of his time with some of the graphic layouts he did in YC.