• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,318 posts in this topic

Can I play?

The Battlefield #4 has a letters page ("Battlefield Bivouac"), with answers by Stan Lee - he answers one rave letter with a simple "'Nuff Said!" Could this be the first appearance of that phrase in a Marvel book? :insane:

Since I already have a copy ( but never noticed that) - I'll say Yes! And that makes it an instant key book - worth 10X guide - at least!!!

Just got this book in--another book that never comes up in nice shape.

115054.jpg

Wow! Fabulous!

What I like best about the Golden Age forum is the sheer variety of genres collected and proudly displayed. In contrast the Silver Age forum most often seems disinterested in anything but Marvel and DC (sometimes anyway) superheroes. For example this thread in the Silver Age forum sadly expired months ago:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4810821&fpart=1

(shrug)

But similar threads rage on in this Golden Age Forum for years.

:applause:

Edited by Hepcat

Atlas war rocks. I picked up these 2 from Gene Carpenter at Richmond this weekend. The Subby was some kind of File copy that had something stapled to the first page....Gene said it was gone when he got it. The Mystic is one of my favorite non- Everett PCH books. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

scan0016-6.jpg

scan0015-3.jpg

Jimbo you must sell me that Subby #40. :baiting:

If the time comes, you'll be the first to know. I can only afford one nice Atlas Subby in my collection....if I find a 38 like this one.....GOD BLESS...

(thumbs u I'm going to slowly try and take another shot at building a high grade Atlas run of Subbies. Tried it once and was doing pretty good but got side tracked with other interests. You have no idea how much I would pay for a high grade #33. :cry:

I had 2/3's of them at one time. I never had a 33, 35, or a 42. That 40 is in a perfect grade for me....probably at least an 8.0, not quite high enough to start generating multiples. The release of the Masterworks edition worked in our favor, as some of the long time owners settled for reprints and released some nice copies into the market. Everett was obviously 100 percent in this title, wish he'd done a couple more covers. GOD BLESS...

P.S. Gene was so cool....I got the 40 with straight trade.

Received this copy of Battle-front 24 recently and finally had time to scan some of Maquis, an astounding job by Anderson. I was flipping through the book after receiving it and it threw me on the floor as soon as I saw this 6-pager. Anderson at his best working tirelessly to actually overdo it considering the repro quality of the mag. I like it so much so that I will show you one page in full but it's each individual panel that is superb. I know I can get overly excited but this is truly a great job from Anderson.

119736.jpg.01ce23bc5bd26f71efda21dbc43bb8ab.jpg

119737.jpg.b1cc168094c966ae4aafc8ed8d350e5f.jpg

119738.jpg.6a20aa0cfa5c1e9b01c371ca2ca89616.jpg

119739.jpg.6121c78c2c3b2b165ba60338f7588ef0.jpg

119740.jpg.79b3ca39cf686f75752950a5694a310a.jpg

Superb story-telling & art! (worship)

I doubt Anderson was given more than the caption and look at the terrific scene he created based on it.

119738.jpg

Great Mystic cover. I'd never noticed it before. :thumbsup:

One more down for my Jungle Atlas set - Jungle Tales # 1 -

Little known fact: It's got the first black hero in a Marvel comics -- African prince with access to magic -script by Stan Lee and drawn by John Romita -- 12 years before Black Panther